• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    - JUST FINISH! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!
    "Then why did you ask in the first place?"
    Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Evidently, when a person is angry, hearing other customers laugh at you makes you even madder. Double that if you try to slam the door in front of all the aforementioned snickering people and the pneumatics on the door turns your self righteous door slam into a quiet, polite little fart of air.

These education snobs, do they not realize that we are just now coming out of a major recession, that people with Doctorates are working at McDonald's because there are no other jobs available?! Apparently they don't realize that their blowhard attitudes are not impressing anybody.
    Last edited by XCashier; 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM. Reason: corrected typo
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

- *scoffs* Whatever! WRITE FASTER I'M LATE BECAUSE OF YOU!
      "No, sweetheart. You're late because of YOU."
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I majored in Criminal Justice, it's not prelaw, it's the precursor to "blue collar" law occupations, law enforcement, parole/probation, corrections, etc.

Then I got my one hand caught in a woodsplitter, so, I kinda can't apply to any of those jobs because a mangled hand kinda DQ's ya.....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ahhhh!

I was trying to think what sort of work absolutely requires ten fingers (I wasn't thinking of the hand being mangled).

Pianist? No... one can learn to adapt.
          Flautist or one of the other woodwinds? No, a good instrument maker could modify one for you.

Engineering? No... same for architecture and even landscape architect. The job can be modified for you.

Surgeon? Certain types of surgery do require intense dexterity or strength. I have a cousin who used to be an osteopathic (?) surgeon - basically, he repaired mangled bones. Then he mangled his own arm. In his words, he got it fixed by 'the second best osteopathic surgeon in <city>'.
          But he went back to uni and picked up psychiatric qualifications - he's now a psych.

But yeah, if you studied for a more physical career and then mangled a hand.. bah. No fun.
          I am pleased you get joy - even if it's sadistic - out of your current job, and wish you well if you choose to do a post-grad diploma/degree to switch to something that requires additional certifications.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but the people who usually complain to me that I should "get a proper/real job" tend not to have one themselves, either due to married/family money or being utter dropouts - or in some rare cases, being too young to have to worry about work in the first place!
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I majored in Criminal Justice, it's not prelaw, it's the precursor to "blue collar" law occupations, law enforcement, parole/probation, corrections, etc.

Then I got my one hand caught in a woodsplitter, so, I kinda can't apply to any of those jobs because a mangled hand kinda DQ's ya.....
              Well you're still enforcing the law in one way I guess

Maybe that should be your new tool of destruction "Ma'am, I'm actually a criminal justice major"
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Argabarga: Parking Enforcer

He tows the lines of Justice.
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  Argabarga majored in Pwnage.
                  Most certainly did!
                  If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Ask Ignorant Question, Get Enlightening Response
                    Sounds like the bitch got towed and decided you were her personal punching bag. what a cunt

yeah "a real job" ... cos it's always someone else's fault that they were lazy enough to park where they shouldn't.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      I don't know about you guys, but the people who usually complain to me that I should "get a proper/real job" tend not to have one themselves, either due to married/family money or being utter dropouts - or in some rare cases, being too young to have to worry about work in the first place!
                      I see it more as they see a "real job" as one that doesn't inconvenience them. Any job is a "real job" to them.... until it screws them over.

They have nothing against tow truck drivers ("Good! Haul that deadbeat's wreck to the impound! Now I can take his parking space!") ...until they get argabarga'd. ("YOUTOWEDMYCARYOUFUGGINARGABARGARRRAAGGH GET A REAL JOB!")

They have nothing against retail workers ("You there, ring me out, toot sweet.") ...until the retail worker enforces the rules on them. ("What do you mean I can't pay by check, I come here all the time, don't you know who I am, why don't you get a real job?!")

And so on.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Argabarga, maybe you shouldn't "toy with them" but on the other hand ... why not? Why should you sit there and quietly take their abuse because they are in a pickle because of their own stupidity and/or laziness?

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        "Then why did you ask in the first place?"

These education snobs, do they not realize that we are just now coming out of a major recession, that people with Doctorates are working at McDonald's because there are no other jobs available?! Apparently they don't realize that their blowhard attitudes are not impressing anybody.
                        They neither know nor care. Anybody whose job gets in the way of whatever they're doing or want to do needs to "get a real job."

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                        A lot of them, probably, but not necessarily all. I'm sure some of them have "real jobs" but they consider whatever they do to be superior -- especially when someone else's job interferes with their day.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                        Argabarga: Parking Enforcer

He tows the lines of Justice.
                        Great one!!

Comment

I probably should toy with them more like this.
                          Fixed it for ya there

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            I see it more as they see a "real job" as one that doesn't inconvenience them. Any job is a "real job" to them.... until it screws them over.
                            Quoth Pixilated View Post
                            They neither know nor care. Anybody whose job gets in the way of whatever they're doing or want to do needs to "get a real job."
                            Good points. I do tend to take things literally and can't always comprehend a statement as rhetorical. It has led to embarrassing moments more than once.

Doesn't matter if you're a garbage collector or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. As long as what you're doing is legal and you're getting paid real money and paying real taxes, it's a real job.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I just LOVE IT when customers assume that retail employees and employees from other service jobs are all a bunch of losers that deprived ourselves of a college education.

Never mind the fact that 75 percent of all Retail employees are currently going to college and using the job to pay their own tuition, or college graduates that are settling for this job while looking for a job opening from their major. Did this woman even go to college or does she think that she's so much better than everyone because she's MARRIED to a college grad that makes so much money that she doesn't have to work?

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post

Never mind the fact that 75 percent of all Retail employees are currently going to college and using the job to pay their own tuition, or college graduates that are settling for this job while looking for a job opening from their major. Did this woman even go to college or does she think that she's so much better than everyone because she's MARRIED to a college grad that makes so much money that she doesn't have to work?
                                She probably got her MRS degree.

Also, unless the college grad comes from a very traditional household, generally they prefer their women to be working
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X