Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh I half expected to get a hard time with the name. After all, it is a very weird name. Formed from the Wikipedia page after reading up on Mars.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I wanna do this but I probably won't be able to post my character till Wednesday (3 10 hour shifts in a row).
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        Heh I half expected to get a hard time with the name. After all, it is a very weird name. Formed from the Wikipedia page after reading up on Mars.
        No worries. I thought the name worked fine.

I'm working on rolling up "opposite numbers" for the villain team. Probably gonna go for a Five Bad Band kind of arrangement. Not that I want the good guys to adhere to a Five Man Band arrangement, necessarily, just explaining my thinking.

Dragon_wings, that's cool. As with anything like this on the internet, Rule One is ALWAYS "Real Life Comes First." Post up a character when you have the time.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My internet has been out (also why there have been no Foundation replies) and Mytical grabbed the fighty guy role before me!

Well anyway, throwing out my basic idea for now. Today's a bit busy, so I'll get the details sorted out later.

He's the child of Lugh, the Celtic god of light, and his family have seen several such scions through the ages. In fact, they're quite proud of their status (though know to keep it hidden for their own safety), and it's (internally) well-known family lore that they're direct descendants of Cuchulain. His primary ability is ancestral combat memory, a trait possessed by every scion throughout his family line. With it, combat skill is inherited, and builds over time (think Mat Cauthon from The Wheel of Time). As such, the older the weapon, the better he can use it.

More info once I get some things taken care of.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

sounds like a lot of fun
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
              My internet has been out (also why there have been no Foundation replies) and Mytical grabbed the fighty guy role before me!

Well anyway, throwing out my basic idea for now. Today's a bit busy, so I'll get the details sorted out later.

He's the child of Lugh, the Celtic god of light, and his family have seen several such scions through the ages. In fact, they're quite proud of their status (though know to keep it hidden for their own safety), and it's (internally) well-known family lore that they're direct descendants of Cuchulain. His primary ability is ancestral combat memory, a trait possessed by every scion throughout his family line. With it, combat skill is inherited, and builds over time (think Mat Cauthon from The Wheel of Time). As such, the older the weapon, the better he can use it.

More info once I get some things taken care of.
              That's cool, Kabe. Post up your chara when you get the chance.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                ... direct descendants of Cuchulain.
                I just gotta know if he is going to be able to use the "Warp Spasm" or not?

Comment

Just wondering if adding an ability would be ok. See, being the son of Mars, was thinking that those around him that he considers allies would be able to get inspiration in a fight. IE doesn't help him any (not directly), but all of his allies would benefit from enhanced combat abilities. Just not sure what to call this ability.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Just wondering if adding an ability would be ok. See, being the son of Mars, was thinking that those around him that he considers allies would be able to get inspiration in a fight. IE doesn't help him any (not directly), but all of his allies would benefit from enhanced combat abilities. Just not sure what to call this ability.
                    Not right now. As it stands-- and I'll be updating the OP to include the Basic Premise and character sheet-- everyone starts with five Divine Abilities/Attributes. Everyone kind of stuck with a three Abilities/two Attributes template, which is fine, but you are allowed to mix it up if you like.

That said, if someone wants to make changes to their bios to reflect this, you have until... let's say Sunday May 6 to do it.

Comment

I actually have a second character idea that people would be free to use or use as an NPC, but I'll wait on posting it so I don't end up stealing someones deity

Comment

... You know what? There are a LOT of gods and goddesses in the Aztec pantheon. 'm interested, though not entirely sure how well I'd do. Hrm.

Comment

EDIT: Quote is not Edit

Comment

Finally able to post. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Name: birthname: Edana Conner
                            stage name: Edana Inferno
                            Heritage: Belisama, from the Celtic pantheon, the goddess of lakes and rivers, fire, and crafts and light.
                            Divine Abilities:
                            [*] Focus -- an elaborate necklace with a ruby in the center[*] Pyrokinesis - She can create, manipulate, and control fire.[*] Kinetic Absorption -- She can fire to heal[*] Matter Ingestion -- She can consume fire with no ill effect (handy for her fire eating gig)

Divine Attributes:
                            Fish in Water: She's a natural swimmer in any type of water.
                            Life of the Party: She had a very fiery personality and people are draw to her.

Description:
                            Edana is 26, 5'6, skinny as a rail, fiery red hair with green eyes. She wears her hair short and spiked. Has multiple facial and ear piercings and tons of tattoos. Uses a handmade longbow when she needs a weapon other then fire.

Backstory:
                            Edana was 15 and living with her paternal grandparents when she first meets her mother. She always knew she was 'different' and she always suspected her grandparents knew why (they did. their son, her father left her with them and told them why). Her mother showed up outta the blue one day at her grandparents' home. They recognized Belisama for who she was knowing who Edana's mother was.
                            Belisama sat Edana down and pretty much told her "I'm the goddess of lakes and rivers, fire, crafts and light. You are my daughter. One day you will be called to help fight the hidden war. Prepare yourself." And then she left.
                            Edana realized really early on she had an affinity for fire.
                            One incident cemented it: she and some friends were playing too close to a bonfire when someone accidentally pushed her into the fire. Instead of getting burned the fire just kinda carressed her skin like it knew her and wanted her safe. She managed to deflect attention away from her not getting burned.

Flaws: strong willed, short tempered, easy to anger, a total klutz (except in water)
                            Goal: protect and help her allies (namely her mother)

Comment

I dig it. Added to the OP.

Comment

Squee. Yayness!

Comment

Working...
                                X