This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All

Jad cursed under his breath at seeing everybody here. "Well, had no place else to get a decent nights sleep. Figured the tells of spirits would keep people away. Better then sleeping in the forest." He shrugs. "Guess getting some shut eye is gonna be outta the question. Listen, you all can play Ghostbusters if you want. Just don't rely on me." Under his breath "Never rely on me."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Everyone

While Randall wasn't yet aiming the gun at Peter, he was definitely ready to use it if anything happened.

"Good to see you again, too, Jan. Who's your friend?"

He glanced to the side, at nothing anyone else could see. Apparently Reilly had already decided to clear out once they approached the house.

"And there's something going on here. The house is scaring off other spirits, not just people."
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

All

Emma doesn't speak right away. It takes her a moment to process everything, especially since that wasn't the response she was expecting. She pinches the bridge of her nose, "Well... seems we're all here for the same thing. Mostly." She fishes out a long thin piece of oak with what looks like a ruby set in its tip. The stick is covered in arcane carvings and Latin phrasings. "If we've all heard the same rumor, chances are its not just a rumor."

Comment

"I'll stay in the back of the group. Just for..you know..throwing stuff around if needed. Though, not exactly sure what good I would be against a spook, specter, or such."

Truth was, he was hoping by being in the back, he could avoid doing anything till he could get the place cleared out and get some sleep.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Peter: Buzzed

The big man shrugged at Emmy (or whatever her name was). "Rumors? There've been rumors about the old Cranston place for ages. Since I was a kid at least. Used to be a thing where kids'd dare one another to try to spend more than an hour inside. Always been a creepy-ass place."

He kept one eye on the dude with the gun, idly stretching the shoulder of the arm holding the bat. "I mostly just came up here to reassure Mary back at the Clover. It's probably just the usual old-abandoned-house rumors and shit. Place don't bug me. I ain't afraid of no ghost."

That statement was half-truth-- Peter was the kind of person who was sometimes too stubborn to be scared-- and half-booze-fueled-bravado.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Emma glances around at the group. "Well assuming you lot aren't about to start hitting or shooting each other how's about we go in a take a look around just to make sure there really isn't anything here..." She trails off making it neither a question or direct statement. Without waiting for anyone else she walks up to the front porch/door, Elias had told her to check the place out. He hadn't specified that she had to do it with help.

Comment

"Cute. But if this is a haunting, remember that some spirits can affect the mortal world. Poltergeist activity is one example, and I've heard of worse."

He follows Emma towards the door, though keeps an eye on Peter as he goes.

Comment

The porch creaks with the added weight, but seems to be holding up, for now. From up close, one can see that the boards covering the door are plastered with old papers, probably more no trespassing and condemnation notices from years past. What's not covered in paper is covered in spray paint from the tags that have popped up over the years.

There's a sudden flood in light as a car passes by, illuminating the group in front of the house.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

"We need to either get inside or get out of the front of the house." Randall starts towards the corner of the house. "It will probably be easier and faster to find another way in instead of trying to pry the door open."

Comment

Emma will put a hand up against the door for a brief moment and extend her mystic sense (lore skill) to see what she can feel. (Rolled a 3 on Lore)

Then she rummages around her pack and pulls out two pieces of children's sidewalk chalk (green and blue) and breaks them in half passing out one half to each person there and keeping one for herself.

"Before we go in, Woojie woojie 101. Most things can't get at you if you draw a circle around yourself and stay inside it." She looks at Peter and the other guy Peter seems to know, "You two should be able to close a circle just by thinking about it. Draw the circle, draw a small bit of power like you're going to work your mojo and instead of making fire," then looking at the other guy (Jad), "or whatever it is you do, you will that power into the circle. Randall since you can't use magic you'll need to use a drop of blood on the circle to close it." She pauses to let this all sink in.

"You might be thinking now, what the hell is a closed circle? Circles are the basic construct of most supernatural woojie woojie crap. Most supernatural things can't cross a closed circle and by extension their magic or other power also can't cross a closed circle. Think of it like putting up a brick wall against magic and other woojie things. It won't stop a bullet, or if something picks up a brick and throws it you'll want to get the hell out of the way. It will stop most supernatural things from being able to harm you or worse. The most important part is: Don't. Break. The circle. That means don't step outside of it, don't smudge it, don't let anything mundane pass into it. Once the circle is broken you need to make and close a new one for it to keep working."

She pauses again... "Right... so we need to find another way in..."

Comment

Peter: Buzzed

When the car passes by, he shifts his baseball bat to hang by his side shielded from the road, straight down. One does not last long in the South Boston troubles without being savvy to that much, at least, even in his buzzed state. He squints at the door, then scratches at his temple.

"Pretty sure there's a door 'round the back. Should be clear back there," he offers.

When he's handed a piece of chalk, he stares at it, then listens to Emma's quick-and-dirty explanation of how closed circles work. But not without a scowl. "Jesus, you set one car on fire and they never let you fuckin' forget it." He jerks his head at the house, even taps the head of his bat against the boards of the outer wall. "This place is probably a fuckin' firetrap. I ain't start no fires in there unless I got a clear exit."

Aware this probably won't satisfy 'Preppie,' he adds, with a sneer, "I'll even give you guys a heads-up before I start doin' that shit."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Emma:

She doesn't feel much of anything currently, except a kind of freezing malevolence. Whatever's in there isn't happy. But it's rather low key.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Jad seemed a bit confused. "How are we supposed to investigate if we are not supposed to cross the circle? Wouldn't we cross it if we moved? I just don't get it. As for the lock..I can get into just about any lock..if it isn't a high tech one."

Comment

Emma sighs, "Look I'm not expecting you to start a fire." She tries to force a grin, "I'm telling you this because it should keep you safe if things get really bad."

At the other guy's question she mentally checks herself to not face-palm, "The circle is to keep you safe if something woojie starts to happen. If you think things are about to get bad it's probably best to run. If for some reason you can't run, draw and close a circle."

Comment

"Ah..so let me have a look, see if I can get us in". Jad is going to examine the door first (to see if he can get through it), then the windows.

Comment

Working...
                                X