Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it even fair for me to participate in this? Gonna have to get REAL creative.

1. My eyes used to change color, until sometime at the end of high school. Sometimes they were blue, sometimes they were green, sometimes they were grey. Now they're green all the time.

2. I am deathly afraid of wasps and... Junebugs. Though I'm not fond of ANY bug landing on me (they're fine as long as they keep their distance), when there are wasps around I freeze up and get panicky. I've been stung enough times to know it doesn't even hurt that bad, and I'm not allergic. When a Junebug flies near me I will scream and run away flailing. I know they're harmless, but I hate those bastards.

3. At one time the pets I had in my bedroom in high school were 1 box turtle, 2 baby snapping turtles, 1 baby painted turtle, a fire-bellied toad, a family of gerbils, a rose-hair tarantula, and an emperor scorpion. For the record, the gerbils were not food for the tarantula. I got one, my ex then got me a female to go with it as a present, and nature did its thing. Often. Had to separate them because mommy gerbil seemed to think she was making food and not offspring.

4. The first house I ever lived in was a trailer house by the railroad tracks (we were poor). I loved waving at the guy hanging on the caboose. My first career aspiration was to grow up and ride on the caboose for a living. Then they got rid of cabooses and my dream died.

5. I shouldn't be here right now. I should have died when I rolled my car in 06 and it was crushed like a pop can. I'm 6'1" and was driving in my ex's itty bitty Geo storm. When it landed upside down and the top of the car came down directly on the top of my head after flying off the highway at 70mph, it should have turned my brain into pudding. Not only did I walk away, I only had a mild concussion and tweaked my spine a little. When my intestine ruptured in 08, I had let it go so long before finally going to the ER that I should have died from blood poisoning. The, er, stuff inside my intestine had spilled out into my abdominal cavity and bloodstream, I should have gone toxic hours before they actually got me opened up and saw the extent of what happened.
    Last edited by Kara; 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
      5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me.
      Don't tell my enemies, but my weak spot is the back of my head. Gently touch it and I will melt instantly.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty.
      I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Hmmmmmm some of these might not be odd....

1) I have plane ADD, if I hear a plane I look for it, my friends are now used to me trailing off on what I was saying and looking up. I do apologize when I do it, I just can't help it, I did it way back before I got my love of flying. I am happy to say I found someone else with it so I don't feel as weird about it.

2) I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights. I fly in small aircraft all the time and would like to be a small aircraft pilot. Apparently the heights part is normal but not being claustrophobic.

3) I feel the only proper way to eat pie is starting with the filling, then the bottom then the top. Pie any other way is wrong.

4) I like trying to get myself lost. So some days I will just take myself out to the middle of nowhere and just walk until I think I'm far enough away and then start to find my way back to the car trying not to use the random route I took in. I am able to find my way back, or to a road then back to where I parked with very little issues at all. It's frustrating to me and I don't know why.

5) I don't always like having specific meals at specific times, it bugs my Mother. I see no problem with pancakes at 7pm and steak at 6am.
        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
          I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.
          That must be it...my mother grew up in the Depression era too and that's where I got it from. She said something about learning how to make it from her grandmother....which means it was created by someone in the 1800's at least.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
            3) I have made up a melody to almost every song in the Redwall books.
            Wait, that's not normal?

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            4) I own more books than I own clothing.
            So do I.

All right, mine:

1) I can become so engrossed in a book that I literally cannot process anything going on around me. Twice in elementary school I missed the (very, very loud) end-of-recess bell because I was absorbed in a book.

2) I have discussion with my friends about things like the proper modern aerial platform with which to engage a dragon (some sort of helicopter, btw) and the deployment of flying carpets in WWII.

3) I play pen and paper RPGs, but have never played one without modding the rules.

4) I can almost never have fun playing a silly character in an RPG, and only have fun playing silly characters in LARPs.

5) The more I enjoy something (movie, book, etc.) the more I enjoy picking apart its flaws.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

1) I fidget - constantly - I cannot be still; I will play with my rings (multi-band "rolly" rings) that i wear on my thumbs, or kick off and put back on my "flip-flops" mess with my hair, etc... (It drive my bf bonkers)

2) i mew and purr like a cat, I will even "converse" in mews and squeeks...

3) I am VERY VERY Virgo, and it shows in my speech patterns...

4) I have a genetic birth-defect that makes me short (4'10") and I walk with a bit of a limp; but most people completely forget about it unless its "brought to their attention" - like they're outpacing me walking and i call out "I don't waddle that fast" or we stand up from barstools, and I "shrink"....

5) I don't have any real experience with most foreign languages but I can usually figure out the proper pronunciation even if I've never heard/read it before
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Let's see here...

1. I was scared of babies/small kids until my daughter was born.

2.I despise math, but when I do it I'm good at it. (in my summer algebra course I have a 91 average and did 96 on my midterm, but I still argue that I have no clue what I'm actually doing)

3. I cannot sew clothes or stuffed animals worth a darn.

4. I am almost always listening to music, and I like almost every kind of music.

5. I am very much a tomboy, but for some reason I don't look it.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

1. I excel at math (but hate it), majored in English, and yet my personal income currently comes from art, which I've taken the barest minimum of classes for. I'm almost entirely self-taught.

2. I taught myself to read at age 3 after learning the alphabet from my mother's younger sisters.

3. I'm notoriously forgetful, yet have a very good visual memory for driving directions and remembering the plot of movies. I'm also uncannily good at predicting the plot twists of movies and books.

4. From what I've been able to determine, I technically have two zodiac signs (Taurus and Gemini) since my birthday is right on the cusp between them (and I can't find the paper that says when exactly I was born). I actually fit the personality description for both, despite them being complete opposites, though I usually consider myself more Gemini.

5. I'm borderline narcoleptic. If given the chance, I could sleep more than half the day away, through earthquakes if necessary, and will fall asleep at the drop of a hat if given the chance to lie down. Cars make me especially sleepy, though thankfully much less so when I'm in the driver's seat.

Add me to the list of people with eye-freckles. I have one that's almost black, while my irises themselves are brown. Weird eyes run in the family, though. My dad has heterochromia (one brown eye, one blue eye).
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

1) I am claustrophobic to the point where if I see someone in a small space in which you can't turn around (eg Bishop in Aliens getting in the duct) I get panic attacks.

2) I drink a pot and a half of a coffee a day, grinding my own beans, putting a pinch of kosher salt in with the grounds, and I make it strong. Caffeine from coffee no longer affects me.

3) I hate rom coms, but love romantic animes (Shuffle, Clannad, et al). My wife hates those animes, but loves the rom coms.

4) I am addicted to Ginger Ale, to the point that if there is a two liter in the house, it's gone in a matter of a hours.

5) I have a number of small, not terribly visible scars on my arms and a more visible one on my forehead, which I am terrible self conscious about, even though most people don't notice them.

Comment

1) I'm so fair-skinned that I'm physically incapable of tanning. Instead, I burn to a crisp if I spend even so much as 10 minutes outside during the summer without sunscreen.

2) I have absolutely no sense of smell whatsoever. I lost it when I was a little kid, and can't remember what anything smells like at all.

3) If I'm working on something I need to have music playing in the background. I can't focus otherwise.

4) I can't sleep at night without my fan turned on. I need to feel that breeze on me, even in the middle of winter.

5) For some reason, I can't handle people touching my skin. If someone hugs me, shakes my hands when I'm wearing gloves, or accidentally brushes against me and touches a spot that is covered by clothing I'm fine. But if they touch my bare skin I get this really weird feeling and I have to brush the part of my body that was touched against something else to get rid of the sensation.
                      my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                      it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Lets see...five things about me...hmmm

1. I HATE HATE HATE jelly or jam (or anything with cooked fruit actually). I cannot deal with the pectin (so I've been told). I will actually start to gag when hearing a description of a PB&J (and yes...my throat is starting now..blech!)

2. I will eat most anything raw (except meat and eggs..) My favorites are currently potatoes, pasta, rice, and green beans.

3. If I stick a Q-tip in my right ear I ALWAYS cough. Never fails and cracks the BF up.

4. I apparently have selective hearing. I can't always hear what someone who is in front of me is saying but I can always pick out the music playing in the background no matter how low the music is or hear an animal's cry.

5. I can wiggle my eyes. It's always fun in staring contests.
                        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Can I add 2 more..echoing what others have said....

6. I too have to have music playing in the background when I'm working...it really does help with focusing!

7. I also love raw potatoes and have eaten them since I was a kid! I eat small amounts of raw hamburger too.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                            3. If I stick a Q-tip in my right ear I ALWAYS cough. Never fails and cracks the BF up.
                            Wow. I thought I was only one who did that. Except for me it's my left ear. Nice to know I'm not alone. :P

4. I apparently have selective hearing. I can't always hear what someone who is in front of me is saying but I can always pick out the music playing in the background no matter how low the music is or hear an animal's cry.
                            I'm the same way. A conversation with me will involve the other person having to repeat themselves a few times. And yet, I've been able to pick out sounds that other people couldn't hear until I specifically alerted them to their presence. Frustrates the hell out of my mother.
                            my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                            it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                              5) For possibly 99% of things I do I am a lefty, but playing guitar as a righty actually feels more logical to me .a pick, so I prefer to have greater agility on the fretboard than the strumming.
                              I have a similar quirk: I am completely right hand-dominant, but I shoot pool (billiards) left handed. Trying to shoot it right handed feels as awkward to me as trying to throw a ball or swing a bat left handed does. Everyone in my family is right handed, and no one knows why I shoot pool left handed.

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                              I will eat most anything raw (except meat and eggs..)
                              I've eaten both raw at various times. If done right, de-licious!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

I'll give it a whirl.

1) I REALLY love lemons, lemon scented stuff, and lemon flavored foods/drinks.

2) I absolutely HATE the color pink, to me that color can diaf.

3) I don't like the way my eyes look even though I always get complements from friends and stangers.

4) Whenever I cook something I never use normal measurements.

5) I'm an insanely stubborn perfectionist.
                                ......../\
                                ....../__\
                                ..../\...../\
                                ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                                X