Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psycho Hose Beast (Warning: Swearing and Long!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho Hose Beast (Warning: Swearing and Long!)

I know I don't post here much, more of a lurker, but this just happened a couple of hours ago and I need to vent.

I work front desk at a popular hotel chain. Psycho Bitch (PB) called me about 2 hours into my shift wanting to cancel her reservation. I asked her when it was for, and she said it was for this evening. When I told her that I couldn't cancel her booking because our policy is before 4pm the day prior to check-in and oh my goodness, she lit into me.

She said that she was told it could be cancelled before 4pm the day of the reservation. To be fair the reservation was not made on property but through central reservations and they could have misinformed her, but I doubt it. She probably has what most sc's have which I refer to as SHS (Selective Hearing Syndrome.) I told her I could not cancel the reservation without approval from management which of course prompted her to demand to be transferred RIGHT NOW.

My manager went home for the day and she didn't take well to that at all. Heaven forbid my GM has a life and can't cater to her individual needs. I told her I would call my GM at home which of course she responded, very curtley, "I'll hold!" I took my sweet ass time calling, I'll tell you that. My manager's cell phone isn't working and she wasn't at home yet, so when I told PB that she told me to tell the manager to call her directly. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

She of course demanded my name, first and last, and when I (very happily) refused to give her my last name that sent her in another tirade. She of course demanded I give her the corporate number, started ranting again, (at this point I put the receiver down on the counter and let her rant to nothing but air) and she hung up in a fit of rage.

Suprise, suprise, she calls back saying that I refused to give her the corporate number. You hung up on me, bitch. You're not firing on all cylinders, are you? She said she wanted me to cancel the reservation (seriously, this again?) and she wanted me to give her the corporate number. I explained, yet again, that I do not have the authority to cancel it and she told me that I was refusing to give her the number. I told her I was looking it up and if she would be patient, then I would give it to her. At this time she started hurling personal insults, saying that I must have a 5th grade education since I don't know how to listen. Pot meet kettle. I politely told her if she was going to get personal, I would disconnect the call. I gave her the number, and she hung up on me again, threatening to call me back. Oh joy. Corporate did call me afterward and I explained the situation to them and made sure that I told them she was extremely hostile and insulted me personally.

I haven't heard back from her (yet) but I did call my GM at home. By the way, my manager ROCKS. She was livid when I told her that PB accused me of having a 5th grade education, and told me that if she calls back, and I quote, "Don't you take any of her shit." She gave me permission to tear into her if she calls me back and accuse her off harrassment if she keeps calling.

My GM gets extremely pissed if anyone treats any of the staff like we're less than human. She gets in people's faces and tells them off if they're mean to us and just clearly tells them to vacate the property and go stay somewhere else, and that we don't need their business. Like I said before, my GM rocks. There is a pretty good chance that PB will try to lodge a complaint to customer care, but my boss totally has my back. Right now I hope she does call back. I really want to piss her off again. If not, I hope she calls back in the morning and speaks to my manager because trust me, she will tear PB a new one.

TL;DR:

Psycho hose beast on phone, awesome boss.

I like your GM too!

I think her spine is her best feature
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I adore her. I hear so many horror stories about horrible bosses, but I really hit the jackpot with her. She's the only one that keeps me sane around here sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Magic And Pancakes View Post
        She probably has what most sc's have which I refer to as SHS (Selective Hearing Syndrome.)
        Ah yes, SHS, also called Selective Listening Disorder, the bane of many a customer service worker.
        By the way, my manager ROCKS. She was livid when I told her that PB accused me of having a 5th grade education, and told me that if she calls back, and I quote, "Don't you take any of her shit." She gave me permission to tear into her if she calls me back and accuse her off harrassment if she keeps calling.

My GM gets extremely pissed if anyone treats any of the staff like we're less than human. She gets in people's faces and tells them off if they're mean to us and just clearly tells them to vacate the property and go stay somewhere else, and that we don't need their business.
        Your GM does, indeed, rock! Far too many managers are of the Noodlespine species and will fold at the first sign of trouble. And your GM is right; if a customer is abusive, you do not need their business. Not only do abusive customers stress out the employees, they also scare decent people away from staying at your place. After all, who wants to stay in a hotel where some shrieking lunatic is also staying?

to M&P! Love your avatar, BTW.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thanks!

So far she hasn't called back yet and at this point I don't think she will. At least not tonight. I really hope she calls in the morning though because I want to hear what happened. I have a feeling that corporate told her that she doesn't have a leg to stand on and she backed off. Either that or she realized what a total ass she was and feels embarrassed. That's a stretch though.

Comment

Man, I'm jealous, you even have an awesome CORPORATE with a spine! How do I get one of those?!
            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

The jury is still out on the corporate thing, but I'm just guessing that's what happened. Maybe she passed out in exhaustion from ranting and raving so much at me and that's why she hasn't called back.

Comment

Keep notes. When corporate tells her to go away, she'll simply try a chargeback with her credit card.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

She already told me her card wouldn't work anyway so why was she making such a big deal out of cancelling her reservation?

I really hope it does work. I told the night auditor to charge the shit out of that thing.

Comment

She already told me her card wouldn't work anyway so why was she making such a big deal out of cancelling her reservation?

I really hope it does work. I told the night auditor to charge the shit out of that thing.
                    That could have been a lie.

In any case, the credit card company may end up covering the charge and coming after her.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Her card was declined. She did make a complaint to customer care but my manager handled that for me. Why she would make a fuss about canceling a reservation that would be declined anyway is beyond me. She was probably just upset that she didn't get her way even though it had no negative effect on her.

Comment

Typical EW. I work in an Aquarium gift shop. You should see the kinds of screaming we get when I inform them of our no returns policy. Unfortunately most of my managers (I have about 7 different ones) don't stand up for their employees like yours does; they cave almost immediately.
                        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Our cancellation policy at my hotel by 6pm on day of arrival. If someone calls in and wants to cancel after that time, then we will not charge their card if we can resell the room. It seems to resolve conflict. We always end up selling the room. However, we can no do that on pre-paid/non-cancellable reservations.

But if it was a no-show/no-call, then we would charge the card since they were guaranteed a room.

We also run all credit cards for authorization between 6pm and 7pm. If there is a declined card, we make an attempt to notify the guest and secure another form of payment. If we cannot get a hold of the guest, and if it's during a sold out night, then we cancel the reservation.

When those guests arrive, that's a whole different situation!

Comment

Working...
                          X