This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Issues and one other thing

The server suffered a stoppage today. GBM managed to get things working again, and we're investigating causes at the moment. Probably just a process going rogue, but we're trying to work out what it is.

The other thing is that we're going to go a little easier on one aspect of moderation. We usually have a rule that race etc doesn't get mentioned unless it's relevant to the tale. After a bit of a discussion, we're going to trial not worrying about this too much as long as such mentions are only used for description. If something looks like it's got racist undertones, we'll deal with it, so please feel free to report any mentions of race that aren't just setting the scene.

Let common sense rule, and we should do fine.

Rapscallion

I was concerned about not being able to reach the site earlier, but I assumed the issue was with my computer, because I was having similar issues with other sites (but they weren't as bad).

I'm glad to know we're back to...normal?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yay we're back. I was concerned.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

May need to reboot in the near future. As a side note, we've limited the search function to every minute to see if that helps.

Rapscallion
        Last edited by Rapscallion; 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I kinda guessed it was something with a process going crazy due to the server being able to be pinged.

Comment

I was wondering about that. I tried to get on this morning and got the server is too busy
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Turns out to be something to do with being linked on one of the popular linking sites out there. My word, but I'm glad we're on unlimited bandwidth...

We're still busier than normal, but the worst is (we think) over.

Don't worry about it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I couldn't get on this morning.

Glad it's all better now. XD I was having withdrawal symptoms. O_o
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Turns out to be something to do with being linked on one of the popular linking sites out there.
                  Which site was it?
                  Last edited by Ree; 10-13-2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                    I was wondering about that. I tried to get on this morning and got the server is too busy
                    I don't remember getting that message on this site. I have gotten it on fanfiction.net.
                    My Fanfic Page
                    My Fiction Page
                    My Social Group
                    My Pet Social Group
                    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                      Which site was it?
                      We got linked by reddit.com.

I'd like to request that members here don't stir things up there - I don't want the server to suffer again!

Rapscallion

Comment

We went through nearly 20Gb of bandwidth this week - usually around the 12-15Gb mark. Considering that most of what we send is text, that's a fair amount.

Rapscallion

Comment

Some rogue processes going on, folks. Not sure what's happening this time, but working on it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Some rogue processes going on, folks. Not sure what's happening this time, but working on it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm glad you guys caught it! Good luck with the possible rogue.

Comment

Working...
                              X