This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky SC- I work for free now.

So this one really annoyed me, more than anyone who stands and shouts at me.

SC comes in with a laptop that has a fault, apparently no one can access the Internet, I discover that it's because he never connects to his wireless and tell him that's the reason.

Me: did you know we offer a help service, it's £50 and you get a freephone number and the agent can connect to your pc and fix other problems for you.
    SC: Really? Oh well I think I'll take that, but while you're here can you look at these permission settings.

So I fix the permission settings and then this:

Me: there you go all done, so how do you want to pay,cash or credit?
    SC: well I'll leave that for now since you've fixed it for free.
    ME:

In fairness I should have seen it coming, he looked like that type of person.

Please tell us you called the police on his freeloading ass!

Comment

This is why you don't hand the merchandise back over until payment is rendered.

Comment

Heh, if the laptop was still in front of me, I'd have taken it back and changed everything back to the way it was. No money, no results.

Comment

Not paying for services=stealing.

Comment

See, this is why companies have a "no release until payment" policy in place.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              See, this is why companies have a "no release until payment" policy in place.
              Yep! Sadly it's not the first time I've heard of SC's thinking that ALL forms of technical support should be free.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

It was a quick thing that would take less than 2 seconds to do, we tend to have a diagnostic charge, which would have covered it but I waved over it in hope of bigger. Lesson learned, take diagnostic first then deduct from service if they buy...

Comment

Was there a receipt given? If not, and this same person comes in again, either tack the charge on from last time (and request a receipt if they put up a fight about it), or simply overcharge them to compensate for them stealing the first time. If they don't come back after paying, so what? That's one less thief your staff needs to worry about.

Comment

Since it was a fee for a help service, it should have been paid before the service was available.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth cono1717 View Post
                      It was a quick thing that would take less than 2 seconds to do, we tend to have a diagnostic charge, which would have covered it but I waved over it in hope of bigger. Lesson learned, take diagnostic first then deduct from service if they buy...

Bah, SCs always take a mile when you give them an inch. I hate it. I've been in the same boat.

Comment

Me: there you go all done, so how do you want to pay,cash or credit?
                        In all honesty... you might have a hard time enforcing that.

This is why we charge for the work first. And why we have customers sign agreement forms giving us permission to even touch their stuff.

(not to mention the paperwork & signatures helps cover our asses when customers try to say "lawsuit")

Comment

Working...
                        X