This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want it to go...in drive thru

This didn't happen to me, but a coworker told me this little drive thru gem.

CW = Coworker
    CL= Confused Lady

CW: "If everything is correct on your screen, your total comes to $x.xx"
    CL: "Ok. Make it to go. Not for here."
    Everyone in the store : ???

So the lady pulls up, coworker takes her cash,hands her the change, and turns around to get the food. CW hears a tapping noise and opens the window.

CL: "Please don't put it on a tray. I want it to go."
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Well, just to see the reaction, I've always wanted to tell them that my order is for here, after all, I'm likely to be eating in my car.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Well, according to my coworker, she really meant it.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Maybe she thought it was like one of those old fashioned drive ins?

Yeah, I got nothing.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I actually have had customers say "To go" to me when I worked at McDonalds years ago. Didn't happen often, but it was funny when it did. First few times we just shrugged it off. But then it seemed to happen more often. So we started putting stuff on the trays just to mess with people. Most just got a laugh out of it.
          "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

is it wrong when I used to work for the star that I occasionally would ask if people in the drive though whether they wanted it to stay or to go (i worked both counter and drive and yes, I did tell people at the counter occasionally to pay at the window )
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

At In-n-Out Burger they DO ask if you are eating it in your car or want it to go. If "in the car" they give it to you in a box with a (paper) place mat. If "to go" they bag it. So the question of "is this to go?" is a valid one in this context! (I know, it through me first when I encountered it there. But when you understand why they ask, it does make sense.)
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post

So the lady pulls up, coworker takes her cash,hands her the change, and turns around to get the food. CW hears a tapping noise and opens the window.

CL: "Please don't put it on a tray. I want it to go."
                I would have been so tempted to put the food on a tray, grab a bag and bag it at the window.

Comment

I've gotten the "I want this to-go" in the drive-thru many times. It always makes me laugh.
                  "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

How to be Annoying number 16:
                    When using the Drive-Thru, specify your order is "to go"
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                      Well, just to see the reaction, I've always wanted to tell them that my order is for here, after all, I'm likely to be eating in my car.
                      When I worked as a pizza driver, I often wore a T-shirt (our uniform was jeans, a non-offensive shirt, and company-issued hat) that had printed on it: "Is that for here or to go?"

Most of my customers who weren't drunk or distracted by screaming children would see the shirt and laugh. It made one guy really stop to think, though. He said, "Well, now that's an interesting question! I don't know how to answer it. It's 'for here' because I'll be eating it here in my house, but it's 'to go' because you brought it to me..."

That was one of my favorite shirts.

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      How to be Annoying number 16:
                      When using the Drive-Thru, specify your order is "to go"
                      Just what I was thinking. I think I still have that list in my email archives, but I'm not ambitious enough to go looking for it.
                      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                      - IPF

Comment

when i worked for an Arctic Circle (arsenic circle or arctic choke) there was this elderly lady who came through regularly at the drive thru. she always specified "to go" and was very insistant about it. she seemed very confused and when i thought about it, it scared me that she was still driving... But i've also had people come through the drive thru and order, then tell me "to stay"... but then they came inside to pay and get there food... By the way, this was the side of town where people did a lot of crack cocaine.
                        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                        X