Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this up as a reminder folks. We aren't mind readers, so putting notes to the mods in a post is no guarantee that we will see it. If you aren't sure if you are posting in the right section, PM a mod.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Bumping this one again because I've seen about half a dozen threads that include "Mods feel free to move this" just today. If you aren't sure you're posting in the right section, ask a mod.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

We've been seeing quite of a lot "mods feel free to move" posts lately so I'm giving this one another bump.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

if i may say, i see that too but it doesn't hurt to go in and report the button, AND give a link to the thread and THEN say why you reported this that way it saves the mods time in having to find what you are talking about

I say this because I asked once, and one mod told me for future reference please post a link to the thread so i do that now, or is that wrong/has changed?

Comment

Thanks for asking.

The report button is perfectly fine and saves us a ton of time. We appreciate that.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

welcome. figured the more help the easier it is. i say this from past experience as a mod in a chat room back in the late '90s so the easier some made by giving detailed reports the better. and yes everyone has a life here but the mods have more responsibility

Comment

To give a bit of info/help:

We love when people use the report button to alert us to any problem from a simple "housekeeping" issue to an offensive post.

When a post gets reported, we mods have a direct link to the problem post, so it's not necessary to provide a link to the one you're reporting. Do give as much detail as possible for the report reason, though.

Now, if someone is reporting a duplicate thread topic, it is really helpful if they include the link to the other thread so we mods can have a look at both threads and possibly merge them.

Other valid reasons to report are:
                • post in the wrong forum
                • a double post
                • controversial comments
                • someone seeking medical advice in the venting forum for health care workers
                • any other violation of a site or forum rule
                • anything you feel needs to be reported for any reason

Don't worry about looking or feeling foolish for reporting.
                Nobody ever went wrong by using the report button.
                We mods really do prefer erring on the side of caution rather than posting within a thread hoping the OP or a mod will see the comment and act on it.
                Last edited by Ree; 05-04-2012, 10:25 AM.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  Other valid reasons to report are:
                  • post in the wrong forum
                  • a double post
                  • controversial comments
                  • someone seeking medical advice in the venting forum for health care workers
                  • any other violation of a site or forum rule
                  • anything you feel needs to be reported for any reason
                  As a regular member of this forum, I used to believe the "report" button was only used to report violations. I've since used the button as a way to say "you might want to keep an eye on this just in case." I believe I've even reported my own topic if I needed to request correcting a typo in the title.

I also wanted to ask a question. Is it appropriate to use the "report" button if you're nominating a war story? I admit to using it for that purpose recently, but not sure if that's the best way to handle that.
                  Last edited by Mr Hero; 05-04-2012, 01:13 PM.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I also wanted to ask a question. Is it appropriate to use the "report" button if you're nominating a war story? I admit to using it for that purpose recently, but not sure if that's the best way to handle that.
                    Yep. That's fine too.
                    You can also PM a mod to nominate.

Just a reminder, if you do nominate a war story using the report button, (or even if you PM), please be sure to include a good explanation of why you feel it deserves the nomination.
                    Just reporting and saying "War Story," or "I nominate this for War story," isn't good enough.
                    We like to know what it was about the story that made you think "War Story".
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

*walks up to Mod Desk, paces impatiently for about five seconds, then obnoxiously drums desk with fingernails*

Siiiigh!!!! Well?!? Isn't ANY Mod going to help me? I've been waiting here for THIRTY MINUTES!!! How rude of you to WASTE TWO HOURS of my valuable time!

What? No, I'm not going to explain what I need; YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW!!!!!111ELEVENTY-ELEVEN AND ONETY-ONE111!!!

Mods, if this post is in the wrong forum, please move it. kthxbai

*ducks*
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-07-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: consecutive with previous post

Comment

Giving this one another bump.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Re: lack of time to read all the posts:

Chuck Norris would have them all read by now.

(contributed by my husband, after I read him CatHerder's last post)
                          I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                          - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

This one is overdue for a bump, as the mods have bene noticing quite a few posts lately with "mods please move if necessary' or "mods feel free to move" included as a disclaimer. We've also seen requests for deletions or thread closures buried deep in threads.

Once again....there are simply too many posts for the mods to be able to read all of them, so odds are good that any public request like that is NOT going to be seen by a mod.

As we have been saying time and time again, if there is an issue that needs to be addressed by a mod - no matter how minor - REPORT THE POST.

If you aren't sure if you're posting in the right section, REPORT THE THREAD or PM A MOD.

If a problem springs up in a thread and it may need to be closed, REPORT THE THREAD.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                            X