Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lucas wanted to avoid angry fans, there are a few things he could have done differently, most notably:

- Don't add gratuitous CGI to a remake of A New Hope. One "add-in" he could have done that I wouldn't have minded would be to add a chalkboard behind the bar in the Mos Eisly cantina with betting odds on the pod races (to tie in with Phantom Menace - how can a popular sport disappear completely in one person's lifetime?)

- Don't try to undo the canon - HAN SHOT FIRST!

- Don't give Jar Jar Binks any screen time.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• There's actually a simple explanation for why there aren't betting odds on pod racing- when Anakin was a kid, Tatooine was functionally run by the equivalent of the mob. when Luke was growing up there, however, it's very clear that the Empire actually can enforce it's laws, at least to an extent, there. As such, it's highly likely that pod racing had been driven underground.

as for Han Shot First, it's actually largely irrelevant, but I imagine it was done to clarify that Han shooting Greedo was legitimately self-defense. (even if Han shot first, he was in a situation where he knew greedo was about to shoot him. Han had not confronted Greedo- it was the other way around, IIRC- so it is self-defense for Han to shoot Greedo regardless of who got the shot off first or not. However, the edit makes it abundantly clear to even the most raging opponent of lethal force that it was, in fact, self-defense.)

Comment

• I've not been to the board in a while.

The news made me sad, and the update made me happy nonetheless.

This was a place that has allowed me a place to vent and laugh at the stories of others. It's given me some lifelong friendships. This is the place I was hanging out through one of the darkest points of my life, and provided me a refuge while I was getting sober.

So, I may not be around anymore, but long live CS. It's always going to be a special place to me.

Comment

• A far as Star Wars is concerned, consider this. The original stories were published between 1942 and 1950.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
            This was a place that has allowed me a place to vent and laugh at the stories of others. It's given me some lifelong friendships. This is the place I was hanging out through one of the darkest points of my life, and provided me a refuge while I was getting sober.
            This is why I have always loved this site so much.
            It makes me so happy to read something like this.
            You must be so proud of what you have accomplished. I'm happy you had this place as a refuge.

Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Looking forward to when the chatroom might reopen, too.

Comment

• Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
                Looking forward to when the chatroom might reopen, too.
                The chatroom hasn't been closed. It's still open, and still accessible, at http://www.cschatter.com/

Comment

• glad CS is going to stay around fab news
                  i know i don't post much (or at all of late) but it's good to know this site will be here
                  "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

• I must be doing something wrong, then. About a month ago, pidgin started refusing to connect to that server, but no others.

Comment

• I'd bet it's got to do with the SSL certificate on it being expired. Should be a setting in pidgin to allow you to connect anyway.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        A far as Star Wars is concerned, consider this. The original stories were published between 1942 and 1950.
                        Heh. There's a few Dune references in Star Wars too

Comment

• I'm glad the site is sticking around. I've made a lot of friends here and it's nice to have a place where I can go to vent and people stand up for me. I'm just so used to being beat down by everything around me that I'm almost a hermit.

If it wasn't for this site, I'd probably still be selling my quilts uber cheap and thinking they were crap.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• :hugs Kanalah:

You've been beaten down most of your life, and that does tend to stick with you. But the bullies were wrong. You are a good and decent person, as well as a talented artist. Keep reminding yourself of that, hold your head high and keep being a good and decent person.

I agree, this site has been very good for people sticking up for and encouraging each other, even just a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to cry on. If non-employees have read these stories and resolved to be better people because of it, that's another good outcome.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• I've learned a lot here about how retail, restaurant serving, and other professions work. Because of this I always try to be pleasant to cashiers, and I tip well at restaurants and to the pizza delivery folks.

I've learned a few NSFW things here, too, but hey, that's a bonus!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I also do not post that often on here but I occasionally pop on to read posts. I have enjoyed this site very much and I am glad to hear that it will continue. I have always been impressed with this site and the integrity of the people and mods. I read other sites on the internet and always note that posters will most likely get "bashed" and ridiculed if they say something that is unpopular or just because someone wants to be a jerk and tear someone down. That NEVER happens here because Raps and the marvelous mods would never tolerate such actions. I feel safe posting here and knowing that I will not be ridiculed for my opinion. Thank You Raps and mods for providing us with such a wonderful and safe site to post and read. I have become friends on Facebook with several people and it is so nice to know people from other areas of the world. This place is fantastic!!

Comment

Working...
                                X