Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I much as I do feel for her situation (two of my friends, twins, went through the same thing and had to be delivered early. One has suffered brain damage from it, but she's as sweet as can be.), she should've realized she was getting special treatment, but she pushed her luck, as harsh as that sounds.

Ree, you and the rest of the mods were only doing your jobs, to keep this forum a fair and enjoyable place for everyone, and you've done an amazing job of it, far better than any forum I've ever seen. You gave her a chance, and no one can say you didn't try to help her. And you guys did have to make a touchy decision, which didn't have a pleasant outcome either way. Either we have someone constantly asking for money and the mods allowing the user to break the rules, or the decision you went with. It really wasn't a happy situation to be in, but I believe you guys handled it well.

Let's just hope it dies down quickly and both parties can forget about this. (So I hope anyway.)
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I think I speak for all of the mods when I say to all of you, THANK YOU for your support and for having our backs during this difficult time.

The vast majority of you have made it clear that see our side and have reacted accordingly. We appreciate it more than you realize.

Again, thank you!
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

You all do a hard job where the best you can hope for is a genuine thank you. I greatly appreciate that there are many much more fun things you could be doing.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT MAKES THIS A FUN AND SAFE PLACE TO BE.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
          Rule #1 of the Internet. All women are 40 year old fat guys.
          You can be anything you want on the internet. LOL
          Attached Files
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            You can be anything you want on the internet. LOL

I want to be a helicopter!

Comment

I wanna be a star!
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth ParkingWitch View Post
                You all do a hard job where the best you can hope for is a genuine thank you. I greatly appreciate that there are many much more fun things you could be doing.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT MAKES THIS A FUN AND SAFE PLACE TO BE.
                Hear, hear!

And I wanna be a pampered bookstore cat.

Comment

A star?! In that case, I wanna be a young Sean Connery
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I wanna be a 30 foot tall t-Rex robot that turns into a truck!

Comment

• Quoth morgana View Post
                      Hear, hear!

And I wanna be a pampered bookstore cat.
                      I'm happy to be your owner servant as long as it means I get the bookstore.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• Hmm...I've just thought of something, which the nurses and other healthcare professionals here might be to answer.

This person has mentioned that they lost one of the babies mid-pregnancy. They have mentioned several times that when twin A is born, twin B will be delivered (stillborn) as well. At the point mentioned, it was around 21 weeks. A bit of tracking forward would put them now at around 32 weeks.

Is it normal practice for doctors to keep a stillborn twin inside for almost 12 weeks?! (In all honesty, I'm surprised that the stillborn hasn't been delivered already)
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Fireheart this were going to be identical twins and so there is only one placenta. They can't do a delivery of just one of them.

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
                            Hmm...I've just thought of something, which the nurses and other healthcare professionals here might be to answer.

This person has mentioned that they lost one of the babies mid-pregnancy. They have mentioned several times that when twin A is born, twin B will be delivered (stillborn) as well. At the point mentioned, it was around 21 weeks. A bit of tracking forward would put them now at around 32 weeks.

Is it normal practice for doctors to keep a stillborn twin inside for almost 12 weeks?! (In all honesty, I'm surprised that the stillborn hasn't been delivered already)
                            I in no way mean to sound snarky, but how do you think they would deliver it? Anything done to do so would put the other baby at risk. In a c-section the uterus is cut open and then stitched back up, vaginal dilation to get it out means everything would probably come out, like all the amniotic fluid. Sometimes the body will expel the dead fetus (a friend had this happen at 18 weeks, freaked her out because of the bleeding) but if not it stays. Doctors will try to deliver the live baby as soon as it is healthily possible.

Yes, I was trained to ask (tactfully/politely) during my medic training to ask if both were alive if a woman in labor said it was twins. I cannot imagine having to go through that, on either end.

Comment

• fireheart, if you google TTTS, it will tell you about that situation, and explain what happens if one twin dies.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I think what fireheart is trying to ask is that with a high-risk pregnancy like this one, would the preference be for more monitoring with a view to having a caeserean as early as possible simply in order to give the other fetus a better chance at survival?
                                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                                X