X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people today.

Had two semi-stupid people today.

We have a deal on Vitamin Water. 4 for 5 dollars. Naturally someone read this differently. He brought up 4 gatorades, which are a 1.19. Can anyone do math? I told him 4.76. He narrowed his eyes.
    "Your sign say 4 for 5". Not in a excited voice, like everyone else would for cheaper deal.

"Thats vitamin water. This is gatorade, and getting four is cheaper then that. She, 4.76, not 5 dollars"

SC: "NO! The sign say 4 for five dollars! YOUR charging ME too MUCH!

(Yes. He thought 4.76 was higher then five dollars).

I had a feeling i wasn't going to get anywhere with him. So Whatever. I told him he again, he just stuffed five dollars at me. "That's ALL YOUR GETTING from ME!" as he stormed out. Yeah .24 cents.

Second one I'm pretty sure she just got confused, but still! BAsic math people!

I need a money order for 22 dollars, and 19 dollars. (We charge .47 for money orders). she asked.

Me: 41.94 please.
    SC: "Thats wrong. Look again".
    Me: 22 dollars, and 19 dollars, right?"
    Sc: Yes
    ME: ...We charge .47 for each.
    SC: I know! I did the math at home! It should be 31.94!
    ME: ... you know that 19 + 22 is more then 31......
    SC: ....
    SC> Whatever, I come back later.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    Second one I'm pretty sure she just got confused, but still! BAsic math people!

I need a money order for 22 dollars, and 19 dollars. (We charge .47 for money orders). she asked.

Me: 41.94 please.
    SC: "Thats wrong. Look again".
    Me: 22 dollars, and 19 dollars, right?"
    Sc: Yes
    ME: ...We charge .47 for each.
    SC: I know! I did the math at home! It should be 31.94!
    ME: ... you know that 19 + 22 is more then 31......
    SC: ....
    SC> Whatever, I come back later.
    I believe that is called SC math. Real math, er, addition seems to come up with $41 when you add 22 and 19.

Comment

Yeah, rough quick maths shouldn't be beyond anyone. One time I bought three drinks somewhere at something like $1.96 each. It scanned at $6.50 or thereabouts. Okay people yeah, I can't do $1.96 times three in my head real quick either, but I know it's gotta be less than six dollars!

This is what calculators and computers are turning people into.

Comment

Semi-stupid ? Either you have a taste for understatement or you are really jaded, because those seem bloody friggin' stupid to me.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          Yeah, rough quick maths shouldn't be beyond anyone. One time I bought three drinks somewhere at something like $1.96 each. It scanned at $6.50 or thereabouts. Okay people yeah, I can't do $1.96 times three in my head real quick either, but I know it's gotta be less than six dollars!

$5.88 is less than $6. But was there sales tax? Where I live, a taxed sale (which drinks are) of $5.88 would produce a total of just about $6.50.

Quoth One-Fang View Post

I remember reading this sci-fi short story years back, I don't remember the author's name. In it, thousands of years in the future, someone discovers a way of doing math without a calculator or computer. It's immediately classified as a military secret, since the ability to calculate FTL navigation coordinates and targeting data without the EM emission of a computer giving your position away to the enemy was an incredible advantage. They were so used to using computers for every calculation, that they regarded the discovery that you could do math with a pencil and a piece of paper as a radical and unprecedented new discovery!

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
            Travesty of the times. And it's only getting worse.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post

Actually, drinks are nearly $2 each, which comes up to $6 for three.... plus tax. Sounds right to me.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                I remember reading this sci-fi short story years back, I don't remember the author's name. In it, thousands of years in the future, someone discovers a way of doing math without a calculator or computer. It's immediately classified as a military secret, since the ability to calculate FTL navigation coordinates and targeting data without the EM emission of a computer giving your position away to the enemy was an incredible advantage. They were so used to using computers for every calculation, that they regarded the discovery that you could do math with a pencil and a piece of paper as a radical and unprecedented new discovery!
                Which seems clever until you run the plot past a programmer. Those computers don't magically begin with the ability to do math.

Hmm...Comp. Sci. people seen as gods...I could live with it. Bring me a peeled grape!
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Odds that douchebrain #1 comes storming back in for his 24 cents later? (and accuses you of ripping him off on purpose)
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

Oh, actually, I understand the second SC. Does that mean I'm becoming one of them?

She was adding $22 and $9, instead of $19. She should have added $20 to $20 for her ballpark guess, but sometimes I do it by adding 22 to 9 then adding the leftover 10, and I'll bet she did something similar and just forgot the last step. I'm glad she didn't hissy fit over it.

The first SC had cotton in his ears, and is probably proud of it. Or cotton for a brain, I haven't decided. Considering his resolution, I'm gonna guess that his brain is operating on all cylinders.

There just aren't a lot of cylinders in cotton.
                    If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Balgram View Post
                      There just aren't a lot of cylinders in cotton.
                      As someone who grew up surrounded by the stuff, nope, no cylinders in cotton. Just fluffy softness. Fun for playing in, but not a good substitute for brainpower.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                        Semi-stupid ? Either you have a taste for understatement or you are really jaded, because those seem bloody friggin' stupid to me.

Alot of times I do understatement to be nice. But I think I'm just jaded. I have had so many stupid crap happen in my work, from people stuffing hot coffee down their pants in attempt to steal, to pregnat woman calling her friends up, JUST to complain that I wouldn't let her use the bathroom, after repeatedly telling her the place next door has one, ( I was also killing her baby by doing that too I'm told) to people curious as to why the white man Michael Jackson is on a cover of ebony.

Well, those are some of the more recent ones I can remember.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Whoops sorry guys. I forget sometimes about the national differences. Our sales tax is in the shelf price. There was no "plus tax" on the three drinks under $2 each. The shelf price times three is the total to pay.

Comment

Working...
                          X