This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post
    Dude, I about cried when they shut down the Qzar I used to practically LIVE in. I'd just figured out a way to climb up and hide in the barrel hazards too.
    I used to terrify people when I played Lazer Tag. It was probably my habit of coming barreling out of the haze in the air-- often down ramps or around corners-- while yelling some fearsome battle cry.

This is a guy 6'2" and 270+ pounds doing it, mind. Seeing something that big moving at you tends to scare people.

Granted, it also meant I was getting lit up like a Christmas tree, but I was usually doing it so my team could move up while I distracted the enemy.

Next time I play Lazer Tag, I'm almost guaranteed to start using Shouts or something. ("FOR ASGAAAAAAARRRRRRD!" or "BARUK KHAZAD!" are two I'm leaning towards.)
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Can we have a robot who, when we throw him out, claims he will build his own town, only with hookers and blackjack, in fact, forget the town?

Also, can we have walls and a test required for entry, just to be sure we keep the SCs out?

Finally, Arcade. With awesome machines. Some of those ones from Japan, too, like the full Gundam booth.

Comment

I can't do Laser Quest because of all the flishy flashy. ^^ Can we do what they do in Poole's Tower Park, and have a massive but very contained water park/pool alongside with a huge selection of great fountains and rivers and flumes? Oooh!! And an ice-skating rink, and have we mentioned the cinema yet?

(I love Tower Park. )
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
          Finally, Arcade. With awesome machines. Some of those ones from Japan, too, like the full Gundam booth.
          That's pretty much what I was thinking of in my idea. There was a pizza place in the town I grew up in that had an arcade next door. The pizza place wound up buying the arcade and putting an entryway in the wall between the two. So it had a full-scale arcade and not just a Pacman machine and a broken pinball machine tucked away in some corner like most places. If you just ordered a couple pizzas instead of going for the buffet, you could go next door and blow a few quarters while you waited.

Also, we need big, awesome public parks. The town I live in now has several parks but they're all comprised of one or two swingsets and a slide. The town I was born in had the most amazing parks. The best one had a real train engine you could go inside and play around on, a jungle gym shaped like a submarine, slides of all different sizes, carousel-horse-shaped swings you moved by pushing a bar forward and backward, and a zipline. It was freaking AWESOME.
          Last edited by Kara; 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

We need a carousel.

And not just horses, like all the animals. Dinosaurs too.

I love all the animals. *cheesy grin*
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Yes!! They playgrounds all need to have adult-sized apparatus as well as kiddy-sized ones. It's great fun and exercise for the ickle-'uns; they want us to have the same, so why don't they build ones in our size too?

The 'Great Ape Playground' at Monkey World was like this. ^^

Comment

i like the idea of adult sized playgrounds ^^

Comment

Am I the only one wishing we could do this and just move to CS Town?
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                    We need a carousel.

And not just horses, like all the animals. Dinosaurs too.

I love all the animals. *cheesy grin*
                    Yes indeedy, that's what used to be called a 'menagerie'. There's one on a pier at Great Yarmouth, as well as horses it has elephants, ostriches... heaven alone knows how old it is, but it's beautiful.

And yes, all residents are allowed tasers, to stun any SCs that pollute our fair city. Then they are thrown in the jail, to await trial and sentencing by..... wait for it.......

GRAVEKEEPER..........
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

As our mods will testify, none of us need any discipline...

Zzzzap! Yike!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                        Am I the only one wishing we could do this and just move to CS Town?
                        I'm already looking for apartments. *opens magazine*

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                          I'm already looking for apartments. *opens magazine*
                          When you're finished, may I borrow it? I need to find a house (at least 3 bedrooms) with a front porch and reasonable rent.

Yard space would be a plus - I've got two storage buildings and a large dog lot to move as well. Now if I can figure out how to disassemble the deck and bring that too, I will.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sure!! *passes magazine over* I found a nice rentable newbuild with four bedrooms and plenty of library space and oooh!! Room for a dining table too!! *gets on phone with pleasant and truthful estate agent*

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                              . wait for it.......

GRAVEKEEPER..........
                              Now hold on a second. We need to think about this.

Do we really want people to be executed for crimes against fashion?

I mean pink camo is hideous and those bandannas are an abomination, but I don't think GK will be able to restrain himself from using the death penalty if some random stranger wandered into town with that, and I know none of the law enforcement officers would hesitate to arrest someone for it.

SC
                              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                                Do we really want people to be executed for crimes against fashion?

SC
                                I think that would depend on how hideous the offense is.

Of course, if GK really wants to study the phenomenon, he could come down here to NC and really see some atrocities.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X