This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then I heard my six year old say "Seriously?"

Yesterday, we were in the store and in the toy aisle and I hear my kid, who was behind me, say "Seriously?"

And then I took a look for myself and immediately reached for my camera. I bet they sell a hell of a lot of these as gag gifts.

Yeah. Nice use of brown in the graphic there.
    Attached Files

Funny you should mention this. The clearance swamp carries the toy that's the subject of this post.

In fact, I backstocked one today from a planogram reset. I've renamed it "Baby Takes-A-Shit."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You mean that's not it's original name? If not, WHY not?

Comment

Your six year old is awesome, LOL.

And I'm in total agreement with them.

I will admit to having a doll that would wet it's diaper if you gave it water in a bottle when I was little. And I also recall, when my daughter was little, seeing an actual potty chair that, when the child tinkled into it, would play "how dry I am". But that one just leaves me speechless.

Bad taste hits a new high.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

My 2 year old saw a commercial for this while watching Looney Tunes, and said NO...lol

Comment

how in all the divines and daedrics did that get through cencorship?

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post

Bad taste hits a new high.
              Well, look at how far society has come in the terms of how open we are about bodily functions. If aliens were to pick up our earliest toilet paper commercials they would think it's purely for squeezing. Now we have bears with flecks of TP on their behind.

Half the books we have about potty training no longer use cute little names and euphamisms. And my mother was overjoyed when she finally had a daughter that she could buy dolls for. I think she was the happiest parent on Earth to buy the a baby doll that actually poops after it "eats" some concotion that you mix with water.

Progress never stops.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                You mean that's not it's original name? If not, WHY not?
                Because I'm not the person who was paid big bucks to actually think up its name.

And if I were, I wouldn't be able to choose between that and Baby Lays-Some-Pipe.

Next: Baby Puke-On-U. Give her her bottle and slap her on the back and she actually spits up! A great gift idea!

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                  how in all the divines and daedrics did that get through cencorship?
                  There's a doll out there somewhere that comes with a flowery top with flower "nipples". If you put the top on and place said doll's mouth against the flower "nipples", said doll starts to breastfeed.

On the note of "Baby takes a shit", I miss the days of a Baby Born doll. You could feed it water, milk or some kind of food, it would actually poop/pee it out afterwards, you could change its nappy and put different clothing on it. The newer ones I think you could play with in the bath.

Nowadays they seem to have five different dolls that each do one of those functions.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My sister pointed out something I had not even considered, but should have: The "water" in the toilet is yellow.

Eww.

Comment

It talks too. I could swear I heard it say "Bye-bye poopie!"

Yes, I did play with it, just to make sure that really was "poopie" in the bowl.

Comment

I like that it's called Princess and the Potty. See, it's teaching equality. Even princesses have to take a dump sometimes.

Which reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQTW7Pd1vqc
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          It talks too. I could swear I heard it say "Bye-bye poopie!"

Yes, I did play with it, just to make sure that really was "poopie" in the bowl.
                          A friend of mine back in high school had a tendency to walk into the toy sections in any department store and push all the "try me" and such buttons on the toys just because she could.

Her friends ended up picking her up and carrying her out of the toy section.
                          Last edited by fireheart; 03-03-2012, 11:53 PM.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh, god, that is...just....disgusting.

Just because everybody does it doesn't mean we have to teach kids to play with it!!!!!

Although, come to think of it, there already are people who think that's okay....as we've seen from stories on this site.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If this doll were a boy, would it come with its own little newspaper/magazine?

Comment

Working...
                              X