X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doctor's new look...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/do...ord/ar-BBELnrF
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I cannot wait until this hits the air. I just hope there's a way to view it that doesn't involve cable.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      I cannot wait until this hits the air. I just hope there's a way to view it that doesn't involve cable.
      Told my wife yesterday that her outfit looks kinda like a mashup of #4 and Columbo.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I mean, it could be good I guess. I just feel like so much of the show is going to be people exclaiming over gender ("You're the Doctor, but the Doctor is a man!" stuff like that), and that doesn't interest me. Apparently not being enthused about the gender change means I'm a nerd baby or sexist according to the link. In fact, I'm ambivalent, and I think it's okay to feel this way.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I like the look of the new doctor. It shows the influence of the old doctors while also going in a new way. I look forward to seeing where they take this.

Comment

They need to drop the suspenders and high water pants and replace them with a nice pair of fitted pants be them jeans or trousers.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

The Doctor's going to be wearing suspenders??!
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                They need to drop the suspenders and high water pants and replace them with a nice pair of fitted pants be them jeans or trousers.
                Has the Doctor ever worn a well-fitting, non-strange outfit?

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                  Has the Doctor ever worn a well-fitting, non-strange outfit?
                  those of us who have watched and remember the original (#1) Dr. Who William Hartnell will tell you that yes that Dr. did have properly fitting and mostly non-weird cloths ie. fitted jacket and vest, string tie decent trousers and decent shoes.

It was after this that the costumes started get a bit out there but not too much. most of the old school Dr.s and even the new series are not all that out there.

take a look at these pics.
                  William Hartnell as the Doctor

Here are pic of Patrick Troughton Dr. #2 all that is weird about his costume is the plaid or striped pants and maybe suspenders
                  Patrick Troughton
                  Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-15-2017, 07:44 AM.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                    You really need to be careful with some of those terms, especially when referring to a character from an English TV show!!
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I for one would not mind seeing the new doctor in suspenders...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        I mean, it could be good I guess. I just feel like so much of the show is going to be people exclaiming over gender ("You're the Doctor, but the Doctor is a man!" stuff like that), and that doesn't interest me.
                        I don't know, I feel like, given that he's going to regenerate alone (or at least anyone who sees him regenerate isn't going to be a companion next series) I suspect that, after a single mention, it won't come up in conversation again. The only people mentioning it will be the fans.

I would much rather have people like you who are not enthusiastic or not bothered by the gender change than people whose reaction is "The show is ruined. RUINED!!!!11!!" every time an article mentions the new Doctor.
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

From what little I know of Dr. Who (can't bring myself to try to get into a show with a 50-year history to try to catch up on), isn't the Doctor usually a fashion disaster?
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

As mentioned above, it depends on the particular Doctor. Some have been, some have not. (Especially the early ones.)
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                            X