This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid is bringing out the worst in entitled SC's

A few days back, at Target, they were literally wiped out of their brand of whole milk, which was $1.99! You can't get milk for that these days, but I digress.

This one customer found the nearest Target employee and raised Hell about that, because the other brand, McArthur, was available, but at almost $4 for a gallon. Instead of apologizing to the customer for running out, she agreed to let this SC buy the McArthur milk and only charge him $1.99. She then told him to be sure to let the cashier know when he went to check out.

Later, by coincidence, I was checking out and got behind this guy. The same employee was there and told the cashier about charging this guy the $1.99 price. All of a sudden, this lady behind me said, "Oh! Me, too!", who had two gallons of McArthur milk in her cart. This same employee also let her have her way on that.

I mean, I went there as well to get their $1.99 milk, and I guess I could have raised the entitlement card, but I chose not to. If a store is out of something, they are out of it. I know I can check somewhere else, or pay a higher price. After all, there are lots of other stores to go to, and I don't need special treatment like these people.

Well that was a mistake on that first employee's part. What were they thinking?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

$1.99! You can't get milk for that these days, but I digress.
      Everyone's favorite 4-letter spartan-esque German grocery chain 'round these parts sells their store brand milk for $1.09 a gallon. Keep in mind that that's after last year's ten-cent price increase
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        I mean, I went there as well to get their $1.99 milk, and I guess I could have raised the entitlement card, but I chose not to. If a store is out of something, they are out of it. I know I can check somewhere else, or pay a higher price. After all, there are lots of other stores to go to, and I don't need special treatment like these people.
        That's very admirable but I can tell you as a former Target employee that giving you the lower price is standard practice. Please don't feel bad for taking the deal. They're happy to do it for their customers. That's one good thing I can say about that company.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Lost out on my desired lunch today owing to an entitled knave.
          I went into the local chain burger place. Two employees were talking. I heard them, but couldn't see them. Finally a third employee walked in the back door. He must have alerted the other two a customer was in the store. Meh, stuff happens.

Cashier steps up to take my order, and as I start to give it, Entitled Knave walks in, with no mask. (Governor's proclamation requires masks while not eating. All businesses on the block have decided to present a united front and they all require masks for shopping. I'd say a third of the businesses provide free masks at the door for people who don't have them.) As I'm giving my order, he interrupts.

Entitled: you need a mask to order food?
          Cashier: Yes.
          Entitled: do you supply free masks for people who need them?
          Cashier: um, no. You'll have to wait outside [turns to me] She can order for you.
          Me: No. We're not together.
          Entitled: How am I supposed to order food.
          Cashier: She can order for you.
          Me: No. We're not together.
          Entitled. [to me] Settle down, this won't take long.
          Cashier turns to me, takes my order, THEN ASKS ENTITLED KNAVE FOR HIS

At this point, Entitled hasn't eaten at this particular chain burger joint, and starts asking questions about the menu. And apparently, cashier is determined we're together, and I'm somehow buying lunch for the two of us.

I said, "This is bullsh-t" and walked out without lunch.

I get not liking the mask thing. Personally, I think it gives people a false sense of security. But I pull on my big girl pants and either comply, or understand people can refuse to serve me if I don't. I don't walk around without one and demand one is produced, or bully people into serving me regardless.

I don't know why the cashier didn't just say, "When I'm through with this woman, I'll wait on you." Probably the same reason I didn't- I was just gobsmacked by the entitlement.

Comment

...the cashier decided not only that they wouldn't throw out someone going against the mask mandate, but that you would would order for said person? What?? If that person didn't have a mask why would it be okay for them to stand there and ask questions? I'm so confused about this whole situation. Like, if someone doesn't have enough money for their food do the cashiers look at the customer behind them in line and say "that's okay they can pay for you"?
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That occurred to me, too. She spent almost as much time answering his questions (Will someone come outside and take my order?) as it would have been to just take the order.

Comment

Working...
              X