This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK Konfusion

This wasn't one of my customers but a friend of mine's, though I was witness to it.

WBGG: wannabe gangsta-girl (suburban white-bread)
    CS: Customer Service rep (my friend)

In line at a food court BK, WBGG - third in line - is on her phone with her BFF, reading off the menu to her.

WBGG: "Whatcha want, girrrrrrl? Dey gots..." loudly lists off then ENTIRE burger menu during the time it takes to get to her turn.
    CS: "Hi, what can I get for you today?"
    WBGG: "Yeah, you got that Steakhouse burger?"

The Steakhouse was the big promo burger of the month and there were posters, standalones and countercards all over the place, not to mention the HUGE promo on the overhead menu that she had just read to her BFF

CS: "Yes, it's our feature menu item right now" points up to the menu
    WBGG: looks up at the menu "Yeah, so how much is it?"

CS has heard the whole conversation between WBGG and her BFF - as had everyone else within about a twenty foot radius. CS shoots me a WTF look.

CS: "Umm" points up to menu where, again, HUGE promo
    WBGG: "Okay..." (looong pause)
    CS: "So, can I get you anything?"
    WBGG: studies the menu "Gimme a Whopper"
    CS: "Just the sandwich or would you like a combo?
    WBGG: still looking at the menu "How much for the combo?"

CS gives me another look, SRSLY WTF?

CS: points up again "It's 3.99 for the sandwich or 6.89 for the combo"
    WBGG: "Okay"
    CS: "Okay combo or okay just the sandwich?"
    WBGG: "Gimme the combo"

The rest of the transaction went pretty much as can be expected.

And after that whole conversation with her BFF, she only got one burger. I don't know, maybe they're going to share.

Gah this is so frustrating. You are waiting in line for 20 minutes (as is everybody else) and the person in front of you gets their turn..only to take a long time to decide. Want to hit them with a (BK) Fish!. Heck it is why right now I bring somebody else to put my order in..cause with my mind in the fog it is..don't want to hold up the line!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

There are times when I wish that carrying and using a cell phone jammer wasn't illegal.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Reminds me of the Sinbad routine. See 1:20 mark.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Reminds me of the Sinbad routine. See 1:20 mark.
          That was so funny and true.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

BK is also one of the establishments that needs the sign that says, "If you can't finish your call before you get to the counter, we can't be bothered to serve you."

Double points if the person is on the phone, having phone sex. Fortunately, it was just me with no kid in tow at the time, but... really? I shoulda started rated them for quality. They'd have only gotten a 1, because it wasn't the least bit imaginative.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

this is why i stand back, out of the line, until i can decide
              other people come up behind me and i direct them in saying "i take forever to decide, go ahead"

Comment

This topic was featured in the Pearls Before Swine comic last Sunday.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  This topic was featured in the Pearls Before Swine comic last Sunday.
                  I loved that one! I hate people who spend their time in line yakking their asses off instead of thinking about what they want, then when they get to the counter, you'd think they were making some earth-shaking decision. Dude, it's a burger/sub/pizza/coffee/whatever! Make a choice and move on!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X