This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chat

So... I've tried a few times to join in the CS.com chat. I've tried using Firefox and IE, but when I log in and join the main room (cs), I see no participants. Sometimes I get an error "Authentication failed" when I log in as well.

Am I doing something wrong?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Check my profile. There's a ton of IM ways to get a hold of me. Use one of them, and we'll work through it.

Unfortunately, with the info in this post, all I can say is "Yes, something is wrong. I have no idea what, though."

Comment

Yeah, sorry I don't have more information to give. I'm fairly sure I'm using the right user ID/password, but I keep getting "Authorization failed" errors. Then the "buddy list" (I'm guessing) pops up and if I go to the cs room, it's empty, and any thing I try to type and send to the chat, doesn't show up.

I'll try to be on IM (I use both AIM and MSN-- at work, I use ebuddy.com to log in since we can't install Pidgin or any other IM clients to the machines) to talk to you so we can troubleshoot it.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Well, yesterday, everybody in chat saw you login and logout. We know it worked to some degree.

We'll figure it out.

Comment

Thanks. Keep me posted. Strange that you guys can see me but not the other way around.

I'd say it was the policies in place on the network at work that cause this, but I've hit the same problem on my home computers.

Comment

Working...
          X