This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a burger is not..

So l've signed with a new company to do their SS assessments for them and some are very nice-fine dining.They also do visits for Burger King.Oh boy. Do not stand and observe whilst your food is being made as to what goes on back there.Two visits in and l have observed:

Burger as Ice Hockey Puck. If it's lying on the kitchen floor remove it to a bin.Do not kick it as you go past.You are not a Gretzky.
    Burger as Handkerchief. If you need to wipe your nose get a handkerchief. We'll wait. Do not use the back of your hand.Especially do not use the back of your hand and then use that same hand to continue making the burger.

This is why l don't do fast food....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Eating fast food is like letting the dog lick you in the face, it's better if you don't think too hard about where it's been
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I saw one of those "look how bad fast food is" videos once where someone put a McDonalds burger and a Burger King burger in sealed individual baggies and waited for them to go off. The intention was to show how full of "bad things" the McDonalds burger was because it didn't rot as fast as the other one, but to me that just showed what a dirty environment the BK one must have been prepared in - you could actually see the mould grow in the shape of the hand that had last touched the bun! *shudders*
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Of course, part of the decay rate was in how much water was sealed up in the bag. A fully cooked burger and toasted bun are not going to have much free water to foster growths.

Comment

Yup, that was the second conveniently-overlooked problem with the experiment.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I work in a "fast casual" restaurant and during a rush, we will definitely kick something out of the way if it falls. Picking up something right then requires hand washing and a change of gloves, which takes precious seconds that we don't have to spare. After the rush is over, the entire restaurant is swept thoroughly. It works for us.

Comment

Working...
            X