Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, crap, Blaze thought, Are they absorbing my energy? I need more strength. I need to burn hotter.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• That would explain how a statue was made to collapse with exhaustion. At least there are no more in the nearby area. Getting Goldie out of here would be the best course of action. At least, though she is a living statue, she is actually not that heavy.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Colt looked at the woman, considered. It had been a while, but there was something about this that didn't feel right. "And if I told you there is an attack on IDP headquarters underway at this very moment, and she's most likely dead?"
        Before the woman could react, Colt continued, "I'm here, trying to find Strongarm so this entire mess can stop. I'm here on orders, and the time factor is such I can't break off to go help my comrades, even though they need me to. Yeah this makes me look like a villain, and it sure makes me feel like one, but I've got a job to do, and to hell with the consequences for me."

Comment

• She chuckles "They won't kill that one. She probably teleported out the second things started going bad. She is not a fighter. She IS a demoness, and even if they killed her physical form .. she will be back. I know time is of the essence." She shrugs "Think on it. However, you will find that Strongarm won't be the one stopping things. It is already too late for him." She touches your head, and you and her are standing infront of a black castle. You see Strongarm standing next to a figure, but it is NOT the avatar of death you are after.

Strongarm hands him the weapon. "I have come to fufill my end of our bargain. Now .. it will be your turn to fufill yours."

The figure nods. "It shall be as you desire."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Come one, Goldie," Blaze panted, "Garage... shouldn't be... too far."

The rider of flames helped his comrade to her feet and the two of them started towards the garage.
            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Colt watched, not sure if he should interfere, or move forward, he felt oddly... unsure of himself.

Comment

• Both

A odd sensation fills both of your bodies.. you see images flooding past your mind. The scene shifts rapidly, as those that have come before you seem to slam into your bodies.. faster and faster, almost driving both of you mad. Image of the wise, the foolish, the brave, the cowardly.. every being that was your ancestors filling your bodies. Knowledge.. both great and terrible of joys and atrocities from times you have never been in. The good, the bad, the amazing, and the terrible.. all seeming to blur faster and faster as generation after generation merge into you.

Colt
                You know that this time, right here and right now, you should not be here. Nothing you could do will change what had to be, what is, and what will be for Strongarm. His fate was sealed long ago, before his great great grandfather was even a twinkle in somebody's eye. It is ok though, he has lived MUCH longer then even his apparent age speaks of. Death would have claimed him long ago, had it not been for a deal he made. Your ability to find things is multiplied, and you know where death is.. the death that you are after. You also know, beyond a doubt, that even with the gift Strongarm has bestowed you.. that facing it alone would end your life.

Valzar
                You know how to use all your abilities at full power.. and then some. A peace and serenity flood over you, as knowledge that the IDP members will be ok. You CAN bring them back, as soon as the thing behind their deaths is no more. There is also a terrible realization. Goldie, like the others is dead. The thing that you have 'rescued' is just a puppet.. sent to learn who all survived the attack. You would have led her straight to the few remaining IDP members.. and she would have killed them all. The only GOOD part is, she is not near as dangerous as the true Goldie is..with your new abilities and knowledge.. she poses no threat to you now. She also doesn't know that you know. You are aware of where Colt is, and know that you are needed there.. and that you no longer have to worry if the things here find you. They would be gnats on a giant.

Comment

• In front of Blaze's eyes many lines of computer code flash before him, before forming two words.

Phoenix Mode? Blaze thought, curiously, What is Phoenix Mode?

Goldie made a swing towards the armored warrior, but missed by millimeters.

No time to ponder on that.

With that he pressed on the power core of his belt twice, and then something amazing happened. The flames shot out from him, knocking fake-Goldie back and then taking the form of a phoenix. It circled around him before settling on his wrist. From there, the armor changed, turning red, with orange highlights, a pair of wings spreading from his back, then folding in, and the eyes on his helmet turning bright blue as they flashed for a second.

This was Phoenix form.

"Alright," Blaze said, before taking to the air, "Ready for round two?"

Comment

• Fighting to his feet, Colt turned and "dove through space" as it were.

Arriving back at IDP headquarters, he started shooting and cursing and shooting and cursing.
                    "Get some!! Come get some, you s!!" As he tore his way through the ranks of enemies, his invectives became less coherent, and more inventively so. "Come get some you ba'qa muther-ing puta! Eat lead, you verdamt dehf'toq hohk de'jay fleh'thok!!"
                    Leaping forward at a dead run, he slipped through one machine's fingers and blasted another some twelve times. Landing hard, the bounty hunter rolled, stopped against a third machine's "leg".
                    As it looked down and readied its weapons, Colt snarled, "What're YOU lookin' at?!"
                    With that, he blasted away, then rolled out of the way.

Comment

• Blaze fought hard against the opponent he called "Pyrite" in his head. She kept trying to grab him to finish him off, and he kept out of reach and firing bursts of fire at her. As they battled, they were both beginning to slow and knew the battle needed to end quickly.

Before his eyes, the lines of code ran before Blaze's eyes again, before showing a new attack and how to use it. He launched the Phoenix Bracer from his wrist, where it changed once more into animal form. It flew around Pyrite before wrapping her in its flames. The Armored Warrior then pressed on the power core and was wreathed in flames, before flying up and then aiming himself at his opponent. He extended one leg and called out, "Phoenix Kick" as he flew towards his opponent, foot first.

The attack struck true, and at first Pyrite thought it didn't do anything, then she felt the energy build up inside her, as she exploded brilliantly.

Blaze activated his commlink, "Colt, I'm going to see if there's anyone left to be rescued here, and clean up some of these robots. I'll meet up with you as soon as I'm done here."

Comment

• Both

There were some IDP on calls, so some will have survived. But as for in the headquarters themselves? None. Bodies everywhere, broken machines everywhere, but no other living beings but Colt and Valzar remain. With them both wreaking havoc on the machines the number of machines drops quickly. Though the machines leech off energy, both have energy to burn. The energy of a thousand generations.

Colt
                        You do not find the mechanics body. There are signs, with your newfound increased ability, that indicate she did make it into a portal to her 'Hell' plane. You see Valzar burning through other machines. Quickly dismantling enemy after enemy. You are matching him kill for kill though. Only a few remain now..and you can easily take care of them.. when a fiery portal opens up. Out saunters the mechanic, tail swinging back and forth.

Valzar
                        You are no longer fatigued, the energy of your ancestors easily replenishes your energy.. and in fact you feel you could almost burst with it. You see Colt and he is as a man possessed.. killing faster and more efficiently then would be expected. Only a handful of machines remain.. and they are in between the two of you. Easy prey. Then a fiery portal opens up, and a very curvacious form saunters through the portal.

Both

The form has a large metal ball in its hand.. she tosses it to Colt. The machines close on her. "Now boys.. I am a lover not a fighter. These guys?" You see twol other fiery portals appear and 9' tall creatures come through. They are red from head to toe, with two large horns and black wings. "They are the fighters." She smiles a wicked smile. "Get em boys." With savagery equal to Colt.. they leap like wild animals and start tearing the machines apart. For such large creatures they are very swift and nimble. Between the four of you (two of the 9' creatures), the machines are down in seconds. "Ok boys, your mother has some business to take care of. Go back home." The portal opens up, and they step back through).

((Tyg3r.. you have Steel back))

The female frowns as she looks around. "I see I am too late.. time works.. differently where I call home."

Comment

• In classic geek-speak, Colt replied, "Those still only count as one, y'know, Morgana."
                          When no one got the joke, Colt face-palmed.
                          I've gotta get you guys a copy of the Earth film, "Return of the King". It's a reference."

As they cleaned up the headquarters building, Colt knelt over every piece of remains, crossing the air above them, intoning gravely, "In nomine Patris, et Dominae, et Spiritus Sancti. Mayest thou rest in peace, Amen."

Why do you do that?!
                          "I do so because it is the only bit of the Last Rites I know. Who gives a damn I've said it until even Morgana can say it in her sleep, I'll say it until even God Himself is tired of hearing it. These people deserve no less, Steel."

Comment

• "I actually got the joke, Colt," Blaze said, "Though, I do admit it's hard to see my reaction with a fairly blank mask."

After a brief chuckle, Blaze wondered out loud, "What's our next step?"

Comment

• As Colt shoved yet another headless torso into yet another bodybag, he said, hollowly, "We wait for the universe to let us know Strongarm is dead. Then we go after Death with everything we have left."

Comment

• Time passes, and soon the nexus starts shutting down. A good sign that the force that had kept it running for who knows how long is no more. With Strongarm's chosen successor also gone, there is no power feeding the core. The crystal is expending the energy it has in order to keep things running, and as that power empties, it has to shut down more and more of the nexus to compensate to keep running just that much longer. The last two rooms will be the room you two are in, and the core itself. Nothing bad will happen when the power is out, but the nexus will be dark once more. Morgana hangs her head in a moment of silence, knowing what this means. "Thus passes probably one of the greatest men the multiverse has known."

She turns to the two of you. "The others.. if we defeat death.. they can be brought back. For him there will be no more coming back. He was sometimes a hard man, sometimes an evil man, but for all of his flaws.. the worse is that he cared too much. Me and my clan stand ready to aid you. Races and people from all over the multiverse will come, for they owe Strongarm that much. We will probably not be enough, but.. "
                                You hear her voice change, her eyes glowing, and you see vast armies.. billions and billions strong.. various races, various dimensions, all with one thing in common.. they owe IDP great debts. Some you recognize, for your group were there when you saved them from various things. She speaks with one voice, but it is many voices in one "We stand with you, and we will fall with you if that is what must be."

Comment

Working...
                                X