Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't know what more you'll learn, but I can carry... the body if you need." Sapputiyok looks at Dawn. "I'm sorry. What was his name?"
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "I'm not being cold, I'm being objective, Sapputiyok. An autopsy would at least tell me how this being died, and under what circumstances. Standard Operational Procedure in my dimension. The dead tell their own tales."

Comment

• Dawn answers "If we knew how to drop whatever it is that causes other species to view us as they do, we would. Sapputiyok may have to do the examination, since we can not. As for transportation and the rest..." she taps something on her wrist, and all of you are transported (not far from the crime scene) to a room that would do for an autopsy, and with a few more taps all the items needed for one show up. "His name translates to Spirit Walker."

She pauses, then gathers herself "I am one of the very few who has seen death before, as I have been outside our dimension. He was as close to a 'holy man' to us as one could get. Even among my kind which are considered the most caring, compassionate, and good.. he was one of the best of us."

After gathering herself a little more. "A Dahhawk is..." she taps something on her wrist and you see a hologram of something that looks like the combination of a griffin and a buzzard..it's a nice size also. Very hard to miss. "that. There is one more piece of information I need to give you. I am considered a suspect by my people, as I have been 'outside' of Utopia. Since I have experienced 'evil' first hand, I am one of the few considered capable of it. Which is why I brought an outside agency in. To prove my innocence."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "We will do what we can. You said there was some sort of tech that should have protected him? Can you describe it, or show us?"
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Having watched far too many police/who-dunnit shows, and seen more autopsies than he had any real reason to, Colt picked up what he figured was a scalpel and looked oddly at the body.

"Okay... no wounds on the body, even though the three of us saw, and I and my partner, Steel," he tapped his 'armor vest' with a genuine fondness, "experienced first-hand, the Chaos Worm exploding out of Mister Spirit Walker's chest. Okay."

"You ever examine a body in this manner?"

Colt looked up to the innocent question. "Never performed one, but I've seen enough of them done that I think I could do one that might show us a few more clues. Maybe."

He shrugged, then started attempting to cut a Y-incision. "This would be so buggering much easier if I could see things as Sapputiyok does."

He got to about where the navel on a human would be and stopped, keeping his hand in the cut. "Oops. I need a recording device for notes. Please?"

Comment

• Sapputiyok looks a little ill as Colt cuts into the body. Xe seems unable to speak as xe stares at the incision. Looking like xe might vomit, Sapputiyok turns away from Colt and the body, closing xer eyes and closing off xer sixth sense.

After a moment, Sapputiyok turns back to Colt. "Pardon me, it's just that... you TOUCHED him." Sapputiyok looks at Colt's hands on the body with revulsion. Xe sees the look of shock on Colt's face and xe looks away, embarrassed. "I'm... I'm sorry. I should explain." Xe crosses xer arms and begins to pace.

"Among my people, touching is reserved almost exclusively for immediate family and... lovers. The only exceptions are emergencies and the offering of hands to a superior. It is not unusual for a superior to refuse the offer of hands, since taking a lower class person's hands is often viewed as bringing the superior down to their level. Touching without consent is an insult of the highest order. If you touch someone who is your superior, you are saying you don't recognize their higher standing, that they are equal to you. If you touch someone who is of lower class, you will be viewed by your peers to have lowered yourself. And the lower-class person you touched could be subject to punishments, in order to bring your standing back to where it was.

"Those who deal with the dead are not simply the lowest class - they are outcasts. They live on the edges of society, avoided unless they are needed. By touching Spirit Walker's body, even more by cutting into him, you would be marking yourself as untouchable. I know that your society doesn't view it this way, but please remember that it's hard for me to overcome the views I was raised with."
              Last edited by Ghel; 07-26-2013, 02:19 PM.
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt "the Hound" Walker looked up at this explanation. Even as he kept his hand on the deceased husk of what had once held Spirit Walker, Colt nodded.

"I'm sorry, Sapputiyok. I... Really, I am. I didn't stop to consider that the myriad races of the different dimensions had different values, castes, ethics, morals, what have you. I thought... Hell, what's it matter what I thought; I brought with me what values and customs I know, forced more than one on you, and expected you to put up with it.
                "Don't think for one moment my own think of me very highly. They don't. I'm the office joke; yeah, I get the last laugh, but no one takes me seriously. Hunting bounties is dirty, ugly, low-class work, and unless you manage to snag a really really high-profile case, you barely subsist. Ya wanna brand me an outcast, fine. That's normally a step up for me.
                "I'm crude, I'm vulgar, I'm an insult --even to my own!-- but we have a job to do, and this is the only way I know to proceed with no approximation of anything even close to the authorities and Standards of Operational Procedure I recognize.
                "I don't have whatever gifts you do, I'm just a fallible human being, not some perfect or highly advanced being from another dimension and, for all I know, from another galaxy. This... medically examining a deceased body, is the best way my dimension knows to determine cause of death, state of physical being, and based on certain physical cues I won't burden you with, provide clues to mental state.
                "I'm sorry I didn't stop to ask more on your -what I interpreted as such- aversion to being touched. I'm sorry I'm forcing you to be party to something your kind cannot fathom or allow, but I'm not you. I don't have telepathy, or The Sight (as the mystics in my realm call it), or even x-ray vision. I can't look at this body -even now with my fingertips half on what I'd equate as his navel and half in his bowels- and see anything but a picture of physical perfection. You see otherwise!"

He looked at Dawn. "Is that Chaos Worm contained, or is it gonna try and eat me again?" Colt made an attempt at humor, "I mean, I don't really try for a kiss and a bj until I at least get dinner and a movie." He looked at his own chest, "No offense, pal."
                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Dawn taps a few things on her arm, and a couple of crystals float into view. "I might have a solution, though an unusual one. This blue crystal will record for you, and the green crystal can..share." She seems to be searching for a way of explaining. "It can let one of you see through the eyes of the other?" seems more of a question then a statement, as if she is unsure she is explaining it correctly. "No need for physical contact. I just am not sure this special sight can be shared the same way. As for the devices we have, there are a few..once this is done I would be happy to demonstrate."
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok says, "Thank you." Xe seems to be addressing both Dawn and Colt. "I would be willing to share my gift, if it will help you find what you need to learn."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt smiled. "If it means I can see the way Sapputiyok does, and I don't need to insult xe further, then I'm willing to try it."

He turned to Sapputiyok, keeping out of contact range. "Did I use the right word?"

Then to Dawn, he added, "So this would create what my people would call telepathy? A mind-to-mind link for visual purposes?"

Comment

• Dawn nods. "Yes, you will still be in your own bodies, but you each will see out of the others eyes. So you will have to communicate effectively. If your partner is looking at a wall, you will not be able to turn their head, you will have to ask them to do that. Since you will be seeing your own hands do the work from an outside source, it is not the most efficient way, but it is the best way we have."

Comment

• "That sounds ok to me." Sapputiyok moves next to Colt and Spirit Walker's body, indicating that xe's ready.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• She taps her wrist thing, and Colt is able to see the extensive damage of the body. The body does not have any digestive organs, or breathing organs, but Dawn indicates this is normal. ((Anything seen indicating elsewise was part of the perception filter)). The only wound out of place is the Dahhawk wound except for the Post mortem Chaos worm exiting. No struggle or anything indicated. Steel, however does find something...

Though when it is active, he couldn't even come close to accessing the tech, now that it is off..he was able to find out that somebody or something had turned it OFF. So it would have to be somebody close to him, now Utopians are trusting of each other, but this would have to be the equivalent of a wife or family member.
                            Last edited by Mytical; 07-28-2013, 04:15 AM. Reason: Inserted mention of Chaos worm wound.

Comment

• "Hellooo... what have we here?" Colt saw himself kneel to inspect the tech, but the gaze slid away.
                              "Sapputiyok, please? I can't see any of this on my own. I know this is hard to accept, but we've gotta do this to figure out more details."

Once he could get a good look again, Colt saw himself fishing for the "scalpel". Unable to reach it, he asked, "Ah, Nurse? Scalpel, please? I'd like to remove this for further study. Oh, and is there any possibility that it was the DAHHAWK that was originally infected with the worm and the injury to the head was caused by host-transfer?"

Why the frell is there not an exit wound from the worm?! Colt wondered. I know I saw that thing bust out of his chest! So why in the name of Moses of Aramathea is there no farking exit wound?!

Comment

• Dawn shakes her head. "While the Dahhawk could have been infected even a chaos worm could not have survived such a fall. No, the worm would have had to been transferred after the body hit the ground."

Comment

Working...
                                X