Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK ... maybe you ARE supposed to pester potential employers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK ... maybe you ARE supposed to pester potential employers?

I applied to a local pharmacy, specifically to a site at which I've shopped often.

Manager calls me and leaves a message.

I call back. Manager is gone for the day.

I call next day. Manager sounds harassed and more than a bit frantic and can't talk to me at that time.

Weekend rolls around. I goof off a lot (and work on my IKEA desk ...)

Weekend ends. I debate whether to call AGAIN or whether this will be seen as making a PITA of myself. I decided the hell with it and call again.

Manager STILL sounds harassed and frantic ... but I have an interview tomorrow.

Note to self: look around the company website, just in case ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Be warned, your job will surely involve making him less frantic, by taking on some of that work!

Comment

If he's that busy, and you're that tenacious about doing work, he's going to be HAPPY to see you. Brush up on all things about that company and what they do, how they do it, and who they do it to... err, what?
      Still, become a minor expert in that company, and you'll fit in a lot easier/faster than some scrub off the street who returns calls.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

That was one freakin' weird interview. At NO point did he ask for references ... but at the end, he said "I'll have the assistant manager call you to set up a training schedule."

So ... uh ... I think I might have a job ...

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who persisted in trying to contact him.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            That was one freakin' weird interview. At NO point did he ask for references ... but at the end, he said "I'll have the assistant manager call you to set up a training schedule."

So ... uh ... I think I might have a job ...

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who persisted in trying to contact him.
            Congratulations! Sounds like this was indeed a situation of "we need help here!", and you were indeed the first one to keep calling and actually walk in there.

Comment

Congrats! Yeah, I think you'll be busy. Poor guy, barely had time to interview you!
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Thanks, guys. It was quite the experience; there seems to be a definite lack of info here, LOL. I went in today for five hours' training ... not sure who was keeping track of my hours for my paycheque ... thinking "Erm, I am getting paid for these hours ... right??" ... and there is also a bit of a problem with one person telling me to do something one way and somebody else telling me to do the same thing a different way ...

But it'll all straighten out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anyway, people seem to be very nice, the training is quite good, although I'm already quaking a bit over the upcoming time when I'm all by my lonesome on the cash register ...

My Nemesis in this job will be the multitudinous and mind-numbing lottery tickets and how to handle wins, especially when somebody hands me a fistful of "online" tickets (e.g. provincial lottery tickets) and scratch tickets ....
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                X