This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store Closing

Recently, I found out that the grocery store I work at will be closing and lots of people aren't happy about it. I'm hoping to be tranferred to the store that's close to my church.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know what it feels like, to know you've worked hard and circumstances WAY beyond your control are shutting down your job. I hope you get that transfer!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Good luck, PC.

Comment

I've been through two grocery store closings. To give the company credit, they did a good job of finding people positions at other locations.
        Be prepared for a lot of craziness, but you will be OK. Good luck.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

So I guess you'll be living out Cooper's recent story arc in Retail then....

Comment

Been there twice with WD within 5 years, so I think I can recall how uncertain everything felt for me back then. I expect it's pretty close to what you're currently experiencing at the moment.

With the 2nd closing I went through with them, there weren't many openings available at the nearby locations that were left (which were only 3 when the Lawndale Drive store shut down in 2004) so I had to choice but to quickly find another job.

With my experience, I had one lined up the day AFTER I turned in my paperwork when Lawndale shut the doors. I stayed behind long enough to watch the marquee being dismantled and the front windows/doors boarded up. I interviewed at a local Litter Box store the following Monday morning and started the following week.

Is there a way you can request or apply at the location you're interested in? If so, do that. During the first shutdown (Phillips Avenue in 1999, I was automatically sent to Cone Blvd, which was the next closest store to me. Instead of being sent to the new location that was getting ready to open, as we had been previously told by the DM, I ended up staying at Cone Blvd for 4 years until it was decided they needed a full time DSD person at Lawndale.) Lawndale was a bit further drive, but better for my overall well being than staying in the pressure cooker that the Cone store had turned into.

Another way to look at it is the old saying "when a door closes, a window opens."
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              ...Another way to look at it is the old saying "when a door closes, a window opens."
              Or as the bluegrass band on discovering that the church gathering they were playing for was of the snake-handling persuasion... and had no back door...

"Whar do ya reckon they want one?"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I got the transfer to the store near my church. I start the week when June 10th starts.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's great. Good luck at your new store.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Good for you, Purplecat.

Hopefully this one will be a better envrionment for your overall well being.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My new store is one I've already worked in before it got rebuilt. They decided to have me start this Friday.
                        My Fanfic Page
                        My Fiction Page
                        My Social Group
                        My Pet Social Group
                        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X