This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the almighty powerful customer!

Okay, this one goes back a ways (last three hacks if I remember right) so the details are getting a little sketchy. Please bear with me.

This was the time when I was in CS, specifically the greeter/security checkpoint. This also meant I had to answer phones. Sometimes frustrating, usually boring. This one occasion though...

To be continued...
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing such a horrible thing!!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

GOTCHA!

Put the oil away...

Okay, I answer the phone, and the customer had a complaint about a particular PS2 game. Was it defective? No. Was it missing a manual? No.

Me: The evil bastard.
      SC: do we really need an explanation?

Me: Okay, what's the problem with the game?

SC: The game isn't like it shows on the package.

Me: So it was mislabeled as another game?

SC: No the game's right, it just doesn't look like the covers show.

Me: I see, but I don't see what I can do about it if there's nothing wrong with the game.

SC: Well, I want a full refund for this game because you misrepresent it.

Me: I'm afraind I can't do that sir.

SC: Why not? You're misrepresenting it?

Me: The packaging is made by the production company, not <my company>, so any issues regarding that need to be dealt with the production company. As well, we do not take responsibility for a customer's taste in games. As such, we will not do a return for you. An exchange for the same product is applicable for a defective copy of the game though.

SC: Well what can I do then?

Me: you can contact the production company directly to get a refund. You have a better chance that way.

SC: Well then I want you to take all copies of the game off the shelf?

Me: (snickering)Excuse me sir?

SC: You heard me. Either I get a full refund, or you take all the copies of the game off your shelves.

Me: Sir, I already told you why we will not do a refund for you. And we will not pull a game off the shelf unless there has been consideral complaints to our corporate offices regarding it's content or if there has been a recall from the production offices. We will not contact every store in the company to pull an item off the shelves simply because someone doesn't like the packaging.

SC: It's federal law that you have to take it off your sheles if I want you to.

Me: Then I suggest you come into the store with proof of this law you are touting.

SC: I want to speak to a manager.

Me: Suit yourself.

I transfer him over to a manager with a spine <shock of all shocks> who also got the demands, as well as a complaint to me. Manager comes up to me a few minutes later and tells me about the complaint. Knowing I did nothing wrong, I asked what's going to happen. "Nothing" said the manager, "But I give you credit for not bursting out in laughter when he told you to pull the items off the shelves."

End result: the game still on the shelves (I never did find out what game), customer got squat (never bothered to contact the production company) and life moved on.
      I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

It's the law to take something down because he said so????

Is he related to the alarm clock guy or something?

Comment

Quoth Titi
          Is he related to the alarm clock guy or something?
          The alarm clock guy? What was that about?

Edit: Never mind, I found it! Yep, another Mr. Entitlement, there. No doubt about it!
          Last edited by Tito; 07-09-2006, 07:30 PM.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Just like the freak UPS driver who would come into our store religiously to buy his anime? Some random week, forget when precisely, this guy who did our UPS deliveries came into the storem and found an anime boxset he had reserved out on the shelf. He brought it up to the third key, and tried to buy it.
            Third Key, being much faster on the uptake, noticed the release date was for next week, and told the guy no dice. UPS guy freaks, and says: "It was on the shelf, you have to sell it, it's the law!" Third Key refuses, Homophobic, coke snorting AM comes out, takes the boxset out of Third Key's hands, and says he'll sell it to the guy.
            Now, I only heard this story second hand, and that's only because I happened to be at the store a week later, helping put out shipment when the homophobic AM suddenly started yelling at the Third Key that he was wrong, the movie was out, it should've been sold, and yabba yabba yabba... I could hear it from halfway across the store, mind you. After it's over, I get the whole story from Third Key. And a few nights later, I was closing with Homophobic AM, and tell him "It's really not my place to get involved in this, but, the way I see it, we don't own the movies until the street date, and selling them before we own them is stealing."
            Homophobic AM looks at me, and calmly says "If Third Key had explained it to me that way, I probably wouldn't have blown up at him."

And, yes, I called him the Homophobic AM because, well, he was, first off, and second, because we went through AMs like they were water for a few months.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Now THAT'S an illegal act. Here in Canada, the fine is $10,000 to the offending store and 3 months prison for those involved.

And that's why in our store, the system itself blocks the sale. And if someone does a manual sale to bypass it, a theft charge is added onto it.
              I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Quoth lordlundar
                SC: It's federal law that you have to take it off your sheles if I want you to.
                "I don't like the architecture of this skyscraper. Tear it down and build it again. It's federal law that you have to do it if I say so!"

Comment

I remember seeing in my local paper that a girl got a Harry Potter book before the release date, apparantly the book vendor at the Wal-Mart had it in his cart thta he used for the books he stocks and the girls dug through the cart and snatched up the book. There was a sign on the cart do not touch, and the cashier and CSM refused to sell it to her. However the momma said that her daughter needed that book and demanded that she get the book and giftcards because the cashier said "no" naturally management obliged. Jerks. Even my managers aren't that bad they enforce street dates strictly. The paper made the kid out to be hero-like, gad it p----d me off.

Comment

Quoth Juwl
                    "It was on the shelf, you have to sell it, it's the law!"
                    Too bad I didn't know that when we were at the beach a few years back, browsing in one of the dollar stores on the boardwalk late one night, and saw one of the female employees asleep on one of the shelves.

...although I don't think my wife would have gone for that.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                    X