This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spend $400 a Week at This Store!!

Today I was at the customer service counter at Whole Foods when a woman wearing full makeup, a mink jacket, and clothes that said "casual chic" aka "rich person shopping" walked up. It may seem like I'm being prematurely judgmental, but my feelings were validated the minute the woman opened her mouth.

"My name is Ima Betterthanyou. I shop here two or three times a week. I spend a $400 here each week..." she then went on to complain about an item she wanted to return. Apparently she read the list of ingredients after she purchased it and felt mislead. The employee had the unfortunate job of telling her about their No Return Policy.

Customer takes it in stride, by which I mean demands to see the manager and reminds the employee that she spends $400 a week at the store.

Manager arrives. I couldn't hear what he said but she suddenly snapped, "I didn't say thank you! I want what I paid for! This cost me $35!" You'd think someone who willingly pays big markups at the pretentious grocery store wouldn't be that upset over a piddling $35. Go figure

Tracking

The computer store I used to work at tracked repairs by both serial numbers and phone numbers.

What we noticed, the people who complained the most usually spent the least with us.

This came to a head with a woman who wanted a repair done for free claiming how much money she spent with us, that my boss (company owner) asked the accountant to pull up her sales. Turns out that last sale was $15 and 18 months ago! The next purchase was more than three years ago.

She did not get a free repair.

Comment

I used to get customers like that on the phone. Ranting about how much they spent. What they didn't realize was that I could look at their account on my computer and see exactly how much they'd spent with us. The old system only went back about 60 days, but the new one went back to when we first installed it - 2008. And of course, as stated above, the ones that gripe the most about how much they spend are usually the ones who spend the least.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nowadays they should take into account how much in returns a person brings back too, which negates the amount of sales.

Comment

I've had people paying $60 a quarter complain about how bad we are to them, how they're such a good customer. Bear in mind that I've seen accounts that are tens of thousands of dollars a quarter....
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ha

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I've had people paying $60 a quarter complain about how bad we are to them, how they're such a good customer. Bear in mind that I've seen accounts that are tens of thousands of dollars a quarter....
            The company I mentioned earlier had multi-million dollar contracts with the local school boards, that is what made her claim when her last sale was $15 so laughable.

Comment

I miss being able to say to people like this "Not any more."

Comment

You spend $400 a week. Okay, well the manpower required to cater to your high-maintenance ass costs us $500 a week, so take your $100 loss elsewhere.
                D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
                  You'd think someone who willingly pays big markups at the pretentious grocery store wouldn't be that upset over a piddling $35. Go figure
                  Well, they have to make those SUV payments somehow I've seen many of that place's customers drive Mercedes...that cost more than my house Trust me, there's a reason why many people refer to that neighborhood (Upper St Clair)...as "Uppity St Clair." They'll drop millions on a house, but scream over being forced to pay a quarter more for something.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X