No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neighbors upstairs flooded us out by overflowing their toilet in the master bathroom AGAIN! That's 3 times they've caused us to be flooded in the last year and a half. We end up with fans and dehumidifiers going while the carpet is pulled up, and the ceiling has to dry out for days. The last time took over a month. They obviously don't know how to manage a clogged toilet, there is no reason for it to actually over flow, unless you're an idiot who doesn't know how to plunge. I'm going to complain this time because this is ridiculous.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• If a neighbor's negligence results in YOU getting inconvenienced or having your personal living space and/or property water-damaged, you have every right in the world to complain, especially allowing one's toilet to overflow THREE TIMES inside of two years.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Dear neighbors on the corner,

Please stop leaving that random junk by your mailbox with the expectation that the garbage men will just take them. You've left any number of random pieces of old furniture, or broken appliances, by that corner, and they stay there for days-- sometimes weeks-- before they're gone.
        This is starting to get ridiculous...

Trash pickup was today. NOTHING OF THIS got picked up.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Probably because there was too much disallowed stuff piled around. At my shop, people regularly toss garbage in the recycling bin, nevermind that an actual trash can is right next to it. The development where I live doesn't even bother with recycling, there's too many recent immigrants/refugees.
          Last edited by Mental_Mouse; 02-19-2020, 10:01 AM. Reason: fixing formatting

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
            Probably because there was too much disallowed stuff piled around. At my shop, people regularly toss garbage in the recycling bin, nevermind that an actual trash can is <i>right next to it</i>. The development where I live doesn't even bother with recycling, there's too many recent immigrants/refugees.
            I'm not faulting the garbagemen, I'm faulting the neighbors for continually leaving all this junk on the corner for weeks at a time.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Isn't there some kind of local bylaw that you could aim and fire at them?? That is just unbelievable.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                At my shop, people regularly toss garbage in the recycling bin, nevermind that an actual trash can is right next to it.
                At least they toss it somewhere other than the sidewalk. Yes, I saw more than my share of that in Uptown.
                Quoth Pixelated View Post
                Isn't there some kind of local bylaw that you could aim and fire at them?? That is just unbelievable.
                I would hope so, as those are the kinds of ordinances that are passed just to be available when needed.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• WHO IS VACUUMING AT 1:30 AM?? I can't live like this. I'm still up in pain but if I had been sleeping I would've had a night terror. Can't even imagine what it's like for the people below them.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• We have that note near the inner front door of 'our' new building for a reason. We are in the process of moving and the new front door key doesn't quite work, so please close the door gently so it does not lock during the day. Not happy when I leave the door propped, come back two minutes later with my arms full and it's latched again (I saw you coming in just ahead of me so I know you closed it, you looked right at me!).

(I suspect that on the day of the actual big-shit move, taking both doors off the hinges is the only way anything will get done)
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I think I have the loudest herd of elephants living behind me. It's past midnight and STOMP STOMP with super loud conversation. If I go to bed with my fan on I won't hear it. But tomorrow in the middle of the morning when they finally get up they will disturb my work.

Comment

• Dear neighbors: it's a pandemic, not a party. Serious reflection would be nice but I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK. I really need a place that's all one unit above a business or something.

Comment

• Thankfully, my neighbors have been fairly quiet since the quarantine began.

Comment

• Neighbors on one side are mostly retired, though I think the husband has a part time job that he still goes to. No effect. Neighbor guy on the other side, I have no idea what his deal is when there's not a crazy pandemic much less now. Working, not working? He comes and goes during the day and sleeps randomly, I can hear his snoring. (it's not bothersome) It's possible he's been home more, but since he doesn't make much noise I can't tell. No effect. I really like my neighbors.

I did want to complain about whoever thought it would be cool to chill in their car with the bass up for like 20 minutes. And it wasn't even close by, I don't know where it was coming from but I could feel the bass and it made me really anxious for some reason. Anyway, lets not do that again, 'kay?
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              I did want to complain about whoever thought it would be cool to chill in their car with the bass up for like 20 minutes. And it wasn't even close by, I don't know where it was coming from but I could feel the bass and it made me really anxious for some reason. Anyway, lets not do that again, 'kay?
                              That's when you call in a noise complaint while it's happening, let the cop follow their ears to deal with the noisemaker.

By the way, that "it made me really anxious for some reason" thing... that would be the subsonics (sounds below 20 Hz) blasted from the woofer. Subsonics tend to make people frightened. They're a key ingredient in both commercial "haunted houses", and the original places that get the ghost stories started. Get the beams creaking subsonics in a windstorm, and everybody inside gets a mysterious chill down their spines.

Comment

• I feel really sad for the people that live below you. The STOMPSTOMPSTOMP annoys me and I'm just next to you. You sound like a herd of elephants and it's possible you may not be working during this quarantine and that makes it worse. I just want to go to sleep before 11:30. And you with the boomboomboom stereo out there: some people still have to work. It's 11:15!!!!
                                Last edited by Food Lady; 03-26-2020, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X