This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email alerts not happening

So, some time back (not sure exactly when) I stopped receiving email alerts for subscribed threads. I'm not sure how or why, and I don't know what to do to get them back on. Help?

I had the option set for daily notification, if that matters, but I just now changed it to "instant notification" to see if that'l shake things up.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Checked spam folder on your email account?

Rapscallion

Comment

I just realized that I'm having the same problem. I'm subscribed to the Betty the Restauranteur thread and haven't received any emails about it, and I check my spam folder daily.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Checked spam folder on your email account?

Rapscallion
        Yep, that was the first thing I did. It's empty. Checked using the server's webmail interface, nada.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

I just tried it with my test account, and it worked for me. I looked over both of your profiles, and I don't see anything that would prevent you from getting subscription emails. I'm thinking maybe it's something with your providers. Do you get emails about private messages?
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I remember getting a happy birthday message earlier this month but I don't remember getting emails about PMs, and I've had my fair share lately.
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

...aaaaaaand all of a sudden it's working again. What. the. hell.

I just changed my options back to "daily notifications"; let's see what happens...

Comment

Working...
              X