Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you kiss your children with that mouth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you kiss your children with that mouth?

I was brought up in a strict household, so swearing was a big no-no. I still have a swear filter that only makes me use low impact swears. Still, I do use a few big ones now and again.

Anyway, had to deal with two assholes over the weekend.

Sunday morning. Over the weekend the Quicksilver Pro and a big concert was happening in the area so the area was probably booked out. Partying and drinking was happening as expected. Apparently from what I could gather from the other guests, a group of guys came up to one of the rooms and made a racket trying to get in; AT 2 IN THE MORNING.

Most of the guests were pretty chill with it, but there was one guest who got pretty pissy and went on a rant about it. They went on and on about how she didn't feel her daughter was safe and even quoted 'Open the f#$%ing door'. I had to roll my eyes at that part because was it really necessary? Anyway, I rang up my manager and we refunded half the night.

Monday afternoon shift. I just clocked in and this rando pulls into the driveway outside reception. They just stopped there and didn't come out of the car. Against my better judgement, I walk out to see what they want. It was a bogan dad and two kids. They asked for a room for the night and I gave the price.

The dad blew up in my face and basically said we were an overpriced s***hole and drove off. If it's such a hole then why did you bother driving in?

Eh, it's Australia. Swearing is part of the culture.
    Let me offer my favourite: F***in' ranga.

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
    Eh, it's Australia. Swearing is part of the culture.
    Let me offer my favourite: F***in' ranga.
    Ranga? That's a new one on me. But I'm nowhere near Australia. I had to look it up.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Fellow Aussie here. And a 'ranga

'Fucking ranga' is a term of love and endearment in my family. My brother and I are both strawberry blonde. (A lighter shade of red that has a fair bit of blonde and orange mixed in and a bit of light brown. It's weird and hard to describe and costs several hundreds to be done right in a salon. Google Blake Lively and that is close to our colour. Just add some natural red, orange, blonde and brown super thin streaks of colour.)

I think us Aussies are amongst the most sweary-ist people. Maybe only rivalled by the Scots, Welsh and Irish. We can use the same words to mean 'I love you' and 'I will kill you' with just a change of facial expression and inflection.

I will fully admit to having no swear filter. It is actually really stressful to not swear. I have to really really really concentrate to do it.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I used to have a pretty strong swear filter as a teen -- to the point that my CW's figured I just didn't swear at all. Once in a looooong while, I was given occasion to let loose with some blue language (out of earshot of customers), and, when that happened, my CW's knew something was really wrong.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X