View Single Post

Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Area Manager

Grrr, express lanes! When I cashiered, I wanted to yell, "Either let us ENFORCE the rules or just do away with the damn things!" In fact, the whole "enforcement/non-enforcement" issue was so bad, I'd get my butt chewed for enforcing it on one shift and not enforcing it on another and not from the customers.

My store became the regional manager's haven.. so when she was there, we had to enforce the rules. When the store manager was there, we had to enforce the rules. When the assistant store manager was there, we had to enforce the rules. When the department manager was there, we'd get our asses chewed for enforcing the rules. And complaints to the regional and store manager got brushed off, because it was our word against his.

The only time I ever saw the rule not enforced with the other managers were around was that Crazy Day after Turkey Fest, called "Black Friday." Then it was all hands on deck and managers were out with the scan guns scanning buggies so all the custy had to do was hand us the slip for us to put into the register.. and it was STILL NUTS. But if there was any placed I'd rather be in the store during that hell, it was behind the register.