Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which puberty livens up high school a lot...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which puberty livens up high school a lot...

Been reading my latest collection of National Geographics.
    One new American high school was having a rather unusual problem. They had just opened in a large village. Unfortunately the cultures of the villages meant that when a girl got her first period, the women of the village had to follow her around chanting loud enough for the whole village to hear 'Here comes the menstruating one, woo-oo-ooh!'. This then triggers 'several hours of erotic dances towards her by the males of the village'.
    For some reason, it was felt that this might be a rather distracting influence on the school day....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    it was felt that this might be a rather distracting influence on the school day....
    You think
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It was a fascinating piece-this was on Yap and the Marianas had just become American territory so were integrating an American education system into a distinctly unmodern system of life. The most curious bit about this is when it took place-perhaps in the 1900s when Roosevelt was expanding foreign territory?Maybe the 1940s when American culture was spreading across the Pacific island as troops arrived? Not quite... 1986.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        Been reading my latest collection of National Geographics.
        One new American high school was having a rather unusual problem. They had just opened in a large village. Unfortunately the cultures of the villages meant that when a girl got her first period, the women of the village had to follow her around chanting loud enough for the whole village to hear 'Here comes the menstruating one, woo-oo-ooh!'. This then triggers 'several hours of erotic dances towards her by the males of the village'.
        For some reason, it was felt that this might be a rather distracting influence on the school day....
        What the bloody hell? Tell me this is an OLD one.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

That's a little... flamboyant, but still better than telling her she should be ashamed of it and pretending periods don't exist. 🤷
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            That's a little... flamboyant, but still better than telling her she should be ashamed of it and pretending periods don't exist. 🤷
            Ugh, I had to get away from Facebook ... so I'm here.

AnaKhouri, that's exactly what I was thinking. There are some cultures in which a girl who has gotten her first period is slapped across the face! (Nobody seems to know what the reason is ...)

But I can definitely imagine any incoming North Americans watching this like

This is one of the funniest (and most positive) commercials I've ever seen about a girl's first period ... or at least the first period she's wishing she'd gotten.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
              But I can definitely imagine any incoming North Americans watching this like

This is one of the funniest (and most positive) commercials I've ever seen about a girl's first period ... or at least the first period she's wishing she'd gotten.
              1- no I don't get it.
              2-LOL at the vid.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
              X