Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this how the whole week is going to be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this how the whole week is going to be?

I was so looking forward to spring,but apparently,it's only served to bring the SCs out in force, while I'm stuck in a closed building with nothing but a window to enjoy the nice weather out doors. Usually, I let these sorts of things roll over me, but for some reason, I'm having coping issues this week.

Children
    You know, for all that I don't really agree with the parents who plug their 4 year olds into their smart phones as soon as they come into my office, at least those kids do tend to be quiet and out of my hair. Gotta love the kids who run around my office while the parent weakly tells them "oh don't touch that" or "come back and sit down next to me" while doing absolutely nothing when the kid ignores them. I have kids. They are young. But I know from personal experience that they learn VERY quickly when you don't mean what you say. Don't stare at me with a 'what-can-you-do' expression like I'm going to be sympathetic. YOU are the parent. ACT like it. I am not impressed by your nothing attempts to control your children, and neither are they.

Voice mail
    My own personal voice mail gets messages. They don't always leave a name, account number or even phone number to call them back, but at least I get messages that are obvious that the person realizes they are leaving a message. And since it's to my direct line, I can sometimes recognize the no name/number customers as they are, generally, people I've worked with previously.

Our branch voice mail, when it doesn't just click from a hang-up, get's various versions of people cussing, saying that they want to talk to a person, leaving the phone line going while they have a conversation in the back ground, or leaving a demand to "call me" with no further information. The voice mail message only comes up when no one has answered AND you have ignored the recorded message to "press 0 to be transferred to the call center".

And you know what happens when we DO have time to answer the phone, or when we return the (rare) actual message? It ends up being a call that we have to transfer to the call center! (The call center has recorded lines, we don't, so we can't do transactions, take phone applications, or pretty much anything but giver general information that the call center would be much better equipped to handle. And it is NOT an outsourced call center. It is located, in fact, across the street. WHY can't you call the people who are paid to wait to take your calls instead of insisting on calling the branch directly where we are paid to wait on the people who are THERE and only answer the phone when we aren't otherwise occupied?)

Saturday hours
    This past Saturday, as always, had the last minute customers piling through the door. We actually don't lock up until 5 minutes after official close time, so you CAN get in right at the deadline, but of course that isn't good enough. Whenever I'm locking up, at five (or 6, 7, maybe even 8) after, I get people who argue that we don't close at 1, we close at 2. Of course one good thing about arguments at the door is I can point to our hours.

Still had this lady yell at me because she'd driven 20 minutes from another branch because they were too busy, only to arrive almost FIFTEEN minutes after close at our branch (I was only at the door because I was letting someone else out). Well, the reason they were busy is that everyone and god shows up right before close. Show up earlier on a Saturday, and you won't find things as crazy. If you'd stayed there and waited, it wouldn't have taken 20 minutes to get through the teller line, and you'd have been inside the building and helped even if it had, somehow, taken that long. As is, MY branch tellers are counting down their boxes, having finished up the last of their line several minutes ago (the person I let out was a loan, not a teller line customer). Ba-bye, and I would say don't let the door hit you on the way out, but I'm not letting you in far enough to make that a possibility.

Busy moments do not equal busy days
    Believe it or not, we were PERFECTLY staffed on Monday. Actually, probably overstaffed. Decent amount of down time. A teller got to be pulled off for training even, so the teller line wasn't bad either. But the remarkable thing about lines is that people don't come by in evenly timed increments throughout the day. Sometimes, we get a long line that simply wasn't there five minutes ago. And ten minutes later, it will be gone. If you happen to show up with the crowd in the middle of this, it will appear that we might not have enough tellers working at that moment. They still got to you in less than five minutes, and (as noted) had the line gone in ten. Lines happen. GET OVER IT.

Sorry you come to the wrong place
    Sure, I will blame the person you had an appointment with that you came to the wrong building. They probably weren't clear with their directions and the branch sticks out more than the corporate building. But that building is right across the street. Don't get pissy at me because I'm kindly letting you know that the person you are trying to see is there and not here.

How many times do I have to repeat to you: our internet is OUT
    Our internet went down for about an hour. Actually didn't affect many things. Our accounts and loan systems are internal, and the internal lines worked just fine. But our website was down, and we could not access anything external. Staring at me and trying to ask for the SAME EXACT THING in different ways when I've just told you the system is down and we do not have access to that service does nothing but piss me off.

surveys
    1 to 10, how did bankworking do: answer [10]
    1 to 10, how would you rate your experience at the bank: answer [10]
    comment on survey about how bankworking did: "blah, blah, excellent everything, blah, blah"
    For the question: How likely are you to recommend someone else to come here: [4]

Guess which is the only part of the survey to actually count for my performance?

bleh

I hate surveys. I am all for using the comments section to let us know your concerns, but the stuff people complain about is generally trival, impossible to fix, or simply untrue. I don't know how they're scored, though.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

bw's "sample" up there look suspiciously like a NetPromoter-type survey (QuickBooks accounting software's maker (Intuit) uses these) -- The survey could be fifty questions long, but the ONLY question that gets scored is that last one. It is also often phrased as "How likely are you to recommend this product/service to others who utilize similar <products/services>?"

A score of 8-10 (or was it 9-10?) is a positive result, anything less is a negative or an "oh f***" >_> IIRC, the company score is calculated by taking the positives minus the negatives and then applying extra weight to the negs based on just how low the score was (meaning, a 1 hurts much, much more than a 10 helps), and then converting it to a percentage. I wanna say a reasonable "average" score is 70%. Intuit, at least as of a couple of years ago, consistently managed to have had a score in the mid 90's for many years, which is all but unheard of -- and they really do push those surveys.
      Last edited by EricKei; 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

For the question: How likely are you to recommend someone else to come here: [4]
        In all honestly i never fill those out unless i want workers to do well. so i lie and claim that i'd recommend the place even if i wouldn't.

Would I really recommend the fast-food place down the road from me? I don't recommend any place really. But did I tell them that I would? Sure. they didn't do anything wrong so that's good enough for me.

Comment

Anybody working in an office must think that my children are plugged in all the time because I hand over the electronics any time we have to wait or I need to have them quiet. The thing is, this is the only time I hand over my phone, so it's a huge treat for them. They do play other video games (especially the almost 14 year old), but they're not allowed to waste the entire day on it.

As for the rest of the issue, these were some of the reasons why I'm so glad I never worked in a branch. I worked in deposit operations and was technically not even allowed to talk to customers, but the branch employees would call in to check on whatever problem I'd been assigned and I could hear them in the background.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

9-10 is positive, 7-8 is neutral, and 1-6 is negative. and since the vast majority of people in my personal experience tend to go 5-6 if they have no actual negative feelings (wasn't great-wasn't bad), that means you get a negative score, because the thing is so unbalanced.
            If they actually did it almost logically 5-8 would be neutral and the scores would probably be more reflective of how most people feel.

Comment

surveys
              1 to 10, how did bankworking do: answer [10]
              1 to 10, how would you rate your experience at the bank: answer [10]
              comment on survey about how bankworking did: "blah, blah, excellent everything, blah, blah"

Guess which is the only part of the survey to actually count for my performance?
              Ugh, I feel your pain with this one. At my bank, any score below a 9 out of 10 is considered a negative.
              Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

The recommendation part of surveys always throws me. I don't go around recommending anything to anybody. If I thought someplace I did business was absolutely fantastic, over-the-top wonderful, I might mention it, but usually I only recommend a place if someone asks me if I liked it.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Tesk, HH -- That more or less confirms my suspicion that it's NP or something similar.

Of course, we live in a day and age when (fairly unintelligent) people swear up and down that rating a video game as 8 out of 10 is tantamount calling it "utter shit" o_O and that doing so is justification for sending the reviewer the occasional death threat x.x this goes double if said game had not yet been released and the fans hadn't (legally) had a chance to actually play the damn thing yet...(q.v. Uncharted 3)
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    bw's "sample" up there look suspiciously like a NetPromoter-type survey (QuickBooks accounting software's maker (Intuit) uses these) -- The survey could be fifty questions long, but the ONLY question that gets scored is that last one. It is also often phrased as "How likely are you to recommend this product/service to others who utilize similar <products/services>?"

A score of 8-10 (or was it 9-10?) is a positive result, anything less is a negative or an "oh f***" >_> IIRC, the company score is calculated by taking the positives minus the negatives and then applying extra weight to the negs based on just how low the score was (meaning, a 1 hurts much, much more than a 10 helps), and then converting it to a percentage. I wanna say a reasonable "average" score is 70%. Intuit, at least as of a couple of years ago, consistently managed to have had a score in the mid 90's for many years, which is all but unheard of -- and they really do push those surveys.
                    Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Net Promoter. I didn't use the exact questions we use (obviously). They started the blasted things last year, and normally I get high enough scores on the ONE question that matters to not have to think about it, but even so, I hate the entire concept. Customer service was better when they had enough workers to have time to keep up with the extra little things that matter, like keeping the free coffee fresh all day long. The surveys are a poor substitute for an extra body. Customers just complain that the lines are too long and corporate does nothing in response, so what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                    X