This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
    Then one morning I had this woman checking me in who gave me an actual piece of paper asking for information about my religious background. I was confused and she said it was because no information had been entered about my religion. It's like...no, because I don't feel it's relevant and I'm not here for anything risky enough to require last rites.
    There are some cases outside of that where it is relevant, e.g. Jehovah's Witnesses can't have blood products, certain other religions might have a problem with a female patient seeing a male doctor. However, if it was something important to you, then I imagine you probably would have said. Last rite wise (or even JW blood products wise) if you do have religious requirements, then it may be worth saying so they have it in their records. It would be horrendous if there was an emergency (and I hope there never is) and they didn't know about your religious/cultural requirements and did something inadvertently that contravened your beliefs.

Comment

It's actually also part of the meaningful use criteria for electronic medical records. (to receive stimulus money from the ARRA) We have to record race (American Indian or Alaskan, Asian, Black, Caucasian) and ethnicity (Hispanic or non-Hispanic)

Comment

^ So I wonder if I should've said white then? My mom reminded me that we have to go back 4 generations to get to the native, so neither the tribe nor government recognizes it as far as benefits go. Maybe I'm messing up the stats then? But I don't know. It's still there. I put it on the census form, too. Oh well.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          ... have to go back 4 generations to get to the native...
          So your NA is N/A? Mine's 7 generations.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'd think it was both statistical data and care plan. I found out a year ago a reason why the first drug I tried to control seizures with gave me a rash. I'm part Japanese, and it's now been recorded that Asian people don't jive well with Tegretol. Huh. Who'da thunk? (And back then it was not recorded or noted)
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              So your NA is N/A? Mine's 7 generations.
              LOL Yet, I can still kind of see it in your bone structure. Do you list it?
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X