Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of car did you learn to drive in?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of car did you learn to drive in?

I learned in a Chevy Nova.

I ask because yesterday I stopped at the bookstore, and there was a car out front with a sign on either side for some local driving school, and "student driver" stickers on the back bumper. What kind of car, you ask?

A black Mustang convertible.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

A Geo Metro.

A Camaro.

A Toyota Camary.

A Chevy Cavalier.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

'91 Civic and a '90 Ford Ranger.

A Mustang is NOT a car should learn to drive in.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I learned on a Dodge Neon. Even now I wouldn't dare try to drive a Mustang at all, much less a convertible.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Learned in a Toyota Corolla, have been driving a Nissan Silvia S13 for the past 12 or so years
          Violets are blue,
          Roses are red,
          I bequeath to thee...
          A boot to the head >_>

Comment

I learned on a garden tractor when I was about 14... (if ya didn't have good clutch control, it'd pop a wheelie... all the way over)

And digging trenches in our gravel driveway with my uncle's '65 Mustang...

The trenches had to be filled in before my dad got back from church...

My first car (circa Jan '70) was a 59 DeSoto with a pushbutton automatic.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Learned to drive - 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88
              Driving Lessons and test - 1983 Mazda GLC 4-door
              Learned to drive manual - 1985 Mazda GLC Sport
              Learned to race - 1987 Mazda RX-7

Current ride - 1995 Toyota Avalon.

Yeah, I like my cars with at least 10 years on them. (Except for the '85 GLC - drove it from new and it died with 350,000 km on it)

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I had my lessons and test in the same car. Got my permit the day before I turned 17, and my license 24 days later. Six months after that I totalled my mom's car.

First car - mom's '83(ish) Mercury Marquis
                After I killed that, they bought an '89 Chevy Cavalier (also mom's)
                That died of old age (but not before I got to drive it for most of January and February with no heat) and they got a '98 Chevy Prism, which I later bought from them for $1 (for sales tax purposes when I moved to PA).
                That was murdered in '02 and I got my brand-new Hyundai Elantra with the insurance money, which I still have.

Comment

In Driver's Ed, we used......I think it was a Dodge Caravan or some other type of Mommy Van...

At home, I practiced on a 1992 Ford Tempo.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My Dad's Ford truck...it was a club cab, and, ummm...It was green. I don't remember the year model, but I started learning to drive when I was 13 (which would be 1996). There was a town about 7 miles from our house (as the crow flies) and we usually went there by country roads. So, anytime we had to go to that town, I'd drive as far as the city limits, then we'd pull over and Dad would take it from there.

My first "car" was a 1998 cherry red GMC Sonoma. I totalled it fall of 2008. Don't get me wrong, my Camry (also a '98) is a good, reliable car and gets great gas mileage. But...it's just not as pretty. *sniffle* I can't wait for the day that I have enough money to get a shiny blue or charcoal grey Prius or Corolla.

ETA: There is one more benefit to the Camry. I am no longer asked to help everyone and their neighbor move. And that is a lovely thing.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

1984 Camaro.

It stalled out constantly, but it was awesome. I kept it until I was out of high school and had to move away for school, then gave the keys to my brother. He drove it to death in less than 6 months.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

'93 Toyota Corolla named Jennie.

That car was, is, and always will be my baby. My brother (3 and a half years older than me) learned to drive on it, and drove me to school. We spent our summers in that car, everything we did and everywhere we went was in it. When I was old enough, I then learned to drive on it. From then on it was my car, and I have a lot of very fond memories of it.

When I went away to college my mom deemed it too unsafe for me to drive. She then took it, refused to do any maintenance on it (whereas I was doing it regularly) and several months later blew up the transmission. She killed Jennie so bad she had to be towed to the scrap yard.
                        It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
                        The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

I learned mostly in my first car: a 1991 88 Royale Oldsmobile. There were a few other cars in driver's ed: a tiny Honda or something like that and a van, but the Olds was my car. I was upset when it finally gave out on me in January
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

a 00 chevy s10.

It was a little red truck. Very cute. Was a stick. took me a week to go down the street without it stalling.

The funniest thing was my father all scrunched up because it was a bench seat. im 5 ft tall and he is 6 ft tall.
                            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              I can't wait for the day that I have enough money to get a shiny blue or charcoal grey Prius or Corolla.
                              The Prism is (was) the same car as the Corolla, but they don't make the Prism anymore. I would have gotten another one but that was the year they stopped making it. And the Corolla was too expensive. Next car I might look into a hybrid of some sort. That'll probably be in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X