This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green man means stop..

Not sure if this belongs here..never ventured into this forum before.
    Waiting at the zebra crossing with a bunch of other people to cross. Next to me is a granny with a small kid(about 2-3).She has pointed to the red man and tells little one 'when the green man comes on then we can.As the green man starts to appear,Moron A who is about 13 on a bike with no helmet and not looking where he is going goes whizzing through on the road. As l turned,l just saw out of the corner of my eye that Moron A is looking back down the road waving at Moron B to come catch him. And that Moron B is not even at the crossing.And is not stopping. The green man was on and little kid was starting to move forward. I managed to dive in front and stop her as Moron B sailed past. If l hadn't managed to...

I managed to grab Moron B's bikeand gave him a good rollicking. Short on brains long on attitude...
    'Do you realize you almost hit a kid back there?''Yeah so?"
    "If you had hit her they'd be bringing an ambulance for her and a police car for you?''Yeah well l didn't?" Took off giving V signs and nearly hit several other pedestrians. Last time he turned back to give the V sign he almost collided with a plant stand.Shame it was almost...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I'd say that counts as suitable fodder for this forum.

I have had similar encounters often, and my favourite such time I just gently said "See You Next Tuesday" (or an abbreviation thereof) as they cycled right past my nose... They applied the brakes then, all right!

Sucky Cyclist: What did you say to me?

Plucky Fool (me): I believe I called you a {see previous acronym}.

SC: Why shouldn't I deck you right now?

PF: *points to junction cameras, points to stick* You wanna be on Crimewatch as the idiot star who ran a red light then knocked out a cripple? Go ahead!

SC: *mutter mutter grumble - and cycles off*

No, it probably wasn't my finest hour, but damn if it didn't feel good!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

My brother has a tale from his school days in the early 1970s, about the most awesome school bus driver he ever had.

The bus comes to a stop with the big flashing red lights, the kid starts down the aisle to the front, turns the corner, and starts down the stairs. At that moment, the driver just shoots out a hand and grabs the kid by the back of his belt.
      And a car zooms by on the right side of the bus, right by the open door.

Illegal to pass a bus with the red lights on, illegal to pass on the right period, probably a posted "no passing" zone (as most of the town was) and a road that was one lane in each direction (as virtually ALL of the town was), and avoided vehicular homicide because the bus driver had excellent situational awareness.

Comment

Working...
      X