This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not again

As some of you may know my stepsister passed away a week ago, Saturday. The funeral was on Friday. I found out yesterday, that my grandma (mom's stepmom) was in hospice care. I went over there this evening with my aunt and uncle to say goodbye. She died while we were over there. I saw her take that last gasping breath and then she was gone. While I'm glad I was able to say goodbye, that was the first time I've ever actually seen someone die.

I guess the tears will come later, but right now I'm in shock. I wasn't expecting to attend two funerals this close together. I know it sounds horrible, but I can't help wondering who's next.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

I am so sorry.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss

I was in a similar situation over Christmas and then a couple of days after New Year's. I had the same question as you until a month had passed, then I was able to relax a bit.

Neither were family members (friends of the family) so it must be especially difficult for you. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye, too.

Comment

I'm sorry, Teysa. Yes, I think your emotions will catch up with you later. We're here then.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*hugs* never easy to lose a family member.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My sympathies for both of your losses. I was there, with my mom & sisters when my father died. It was hard at the time, but 3 years later, it was comforting knowing that we were there with him at the end.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm so sorry, Teysa. Losing a family member is always hard, but two so close is horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Really sorry to hear about this. I said a prayer for your family, and especially her son, last night. So sad.

You can think any sort of thought you want to. And they will likely be plentiful and a maybe a little crazy. It's normal.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm still feeling kind of numb.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh, dear. So sorry, hun.

Comment

<hugs Teysa> I'm so, so sorry to hear this.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
                          I guess the tears will come later, but right now I'm in shock. I wasn't expecting to attend two funerals this close together. I know it sounds horrible, but I can't help wondering who's next.
                          Hugs, & all my sympathy.

It's never easy, but when you don't have time to ge past one before facing another one, it's even worse. During one 11 month period, hubby and I lost my mother, his mother, and his oldest brother (not to mention, we'd lost my Dad a couple of years before all that, and he lost a sister about a year later).

It's never easy, but you get through it somehow.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                          X