This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Back and I Already Need Another Vacation

girl, probably about 16-18, comes up and asks where books on rome are. "i was looking over there," and she waved behind her, "but i didn't see none. can you help me?"

first of all, "over there" was the computer books and audio section. of course you wouldnt find books on rome. secondly, when i showed her, she said "i'm looking for stuff on people, not buildings. are those here too?"

this would be the history section, so yes, "stuff on people" is here too.

then a boy of about 12 comes up and asks for "food counters." i take him over there, where some hambeast who i assume was his mother asks for a specific title and whips out a photocopy of the cover of the book shes looking for. i look it up and find that its out of print, but theres a newer version available. i asked her if it absolutely had to be that edition and she was adamant that yes, it had to be.

"well, im sorry then, all i see is the seventh edition, not the sixth."

"oh, theres a seventh? i'll take that."

grr.

then some woman calls and asks for the third "junie b." book. of course we got that, and just as i was about to put her on hold so i could grab one, she says "well, will you have it at christmas time? im going to buy it for my granddaughter."

"umm probably, but xmas is six months away. try back then."

"ok, thanks."

Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

I'd still rather work at a bookstore.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Who ever calls in JUNE for a purchase they'll make in DECEMBER ? Seriously ?
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post

"umm probably, but xmas is six months away. try back then."

"ok, thanks."

"ok it says 22 dollars, but is it really?"

"yes"

"it says it is a settee on the ticket, is that really a settee?"

"...whaaaaaaa??"

These questions. are these TRICK QUESTIONS? Im horribly confused

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          I'd still rather work at a bookstore.
          For my day job, OH HECK YESH. I know it'd still get suck at about the same rate, but at least I'd get to play with books.

Excuse me, I have to cuddle my bookshelves. And by cuddle, I mean tenderly reorganize in a fatuous way.
          "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
          "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
          X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post

"well, im sorry then, all i see is the seventh edition, not the sixth."

"oh, theres a seventh? i'll take that."
            Oh my god I hated idiots who said that. I got that ALL THE EFFING TIME when it came to the nurse's handbooks. Its like...please oh please I hope you are never near me when I am actually in need of medical help...
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth unclejampuff View Post
              For my day job, OH HECK YESH. I know it'd still get suck at about the same rate, but at least I'd get to play with books.

Excuse me, I have to cuddle my bookshelves. And by cuddle, I mean tenderly reorganize in a fatuous way.
              just dont work in mine, where the clientele regularly shit on the floor.
              Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Hey, no fair! I wanna ogle and fondle books and be paid for it too!
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X