Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Game] [OOC] Into the Black (Firefly-verse)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyger and Exile are RL friends of mine....Tyger needs a mental headslap 10 times a day....dusts the cobwebs out.

Exile....he...well hes a bit over confident. :P
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• The Li family lived in New Cairo, which is located on the same continent as Capital City. Their home was in the North Quadrant, in a middle class neighborhood. There are three major blackout zones (meaning larger than a 5 block radius; there are multiple smaller ones as well) in New Cairo- Rowan found Marcus in the Cats' Alley, which is the furthest east of the three.
      Let me know if any of that needs to be changed?

Rowan's worst fight happened shortly before Marcus came home. She received a letter from him telling her when to expect him, and she was ecstatic to see him again. While she was out with her friends that night, a bully overheard that they were celebrating the return of her Browncoat brother. It devolved quickly, with her standing up for Marcus, and the bully deciding she must be a traitor to the alliance as well, and therefore needed a thrashing.

The guy was nearly twice her weight, but was slow and hadn't had any formal training. He managed a glancing blow to her face (black eye), and shoved her into the wall (split lip, bruised shoulder) before she maneuvered him into rushing her. She tripped him up and used his momentum to throw him. Unfortunately for him, he smacked his head on the floor and blacked out. Security was there cuffing them both by the time he came to.

The best part? Rowan got off with a warning, because she never hit him, she only helped him fall.

The security firm Rowan worked for was Tri-Sun Phoenix Security. Ricket ran the Blue Sun Division. He was on Osiris for three reasons when he met Rowan. First, and most important, he was applying for a license to expand to include bodyguard work in his business. He was also looking for recruits and taking a holiday.

The Kalidasa Division went under due to poor management, and the Red Sun Division was absorbed by another company. The BSD went under shortly after the Miranda broadcast, but had been having trouble for a few years before. There had been problems retaining personnel, problems with recruiting, and few jobs, despite the company's solid reputation.

The theft of the payroll on Lilac was only a rumor (though Ricket confirmed it when Rowan asked) so the thieves were never caught. There were cameras, but the data was corrupted during a Reaver attack immediately after the theft. The guards involved gave confused descriptions of the thieves that were not helpful. They couldn't even agree on how many there were!

Comment

• wasn't trying to piss of the DM... was only succeeding.

and I NEVER said one can't carry LOTS of BFKs...
        Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 10-29-2013, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• What was the name of Aiden's secondary school or the highest school from which he graduated?
          Aidan (Spelled with an a) graduated from Martin Luther College of New Highland's journalism program, with a minor in computer information sciences. MLCNH was a college that offered religious studies(DUH! the name) and other "less religious" programs. Being a Lutheran, Aidan attended.
          His high school was Loch Dubh Secondary. GO CLAYMORES!!

What was the name of the biggest media outlet/periodical on New Highland that rejected Aiden?
          New Highland Courier Post(New York Times or the Wall Street Journal); Voice of the Highlands(think the BBC or NBC)

What was the name of Aiden's primary Browncoat contact?
          Aiden's Browncoat contact was an eccentric chimney sweep named Bert.

What's the name of Aiden's favorite pub? What's his preferred type of booze and what is the name of the label?
          The Down 'n' Dirty in Loch Dublin, the town in which MLCNH is located. He enjoys beer (Guinness, DUH!) but his favorite is Schnockered Scotty Meads. Their "Sgian Dubh" (skeen doo) label in particular is his Holy Grail of favorites. Black as shoe polish and hard-hitting as a .480 sniper bullet to the brain.
          Schnockered Scotty Meads is a popular domestic brewery on New Highland, but off-world its products are… not easy… to find.

(stolen from Rowan… hey, CELTIC homeland here) Tell us about the worst (or best) fight that Wolf ever got in.
          Aidan heard of Brenna's presumed death in a bombing and assaulted an Alliance rifle-team. He killed the officer and one soldier, put another in the hands of the medics and scared off the last. Aidan got off-world as soon as he could. He's not received word of Brenna since; he keeps her picture in his quarters, forever hoping she's still alive.
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 11-20-2013, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
            (stolen from Rowan… hey, CELTIC homeland here) Tell us about the worst (or best) fight that Wolf ever got in.
            A truly SPECTACULAR bar brawl that began when a poker game got ugly. When it was all said and done, 135 law enforcement officers were involved. Nearly eighty arrests were made, twenty people had been killed, and 268 were injured. Eight businesses were vandalized, burned, or otherwise damaged. Thirty-seven horses were stampeded, fourteen vehicles were burned or toppled...
            You spelled "riot" wrong.

Also, you really do love pissing contests don't you?

Comment

• Yes. suffers the classic "I'm inferior so I have to one-up everybody and have the last word", but adjusted things to fit.
              Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM. Reason: had to be honest and admit something.

Comment

• deleted my last post. I'm going to ask folks to alert me to me engaging in pissing contests and being a martyr. please.

Comment

• I felt the post was totally appropriate

I don't know about anyone else. ICly Tucker is not at the ship yet and is thus unaware that he has been asked to do something.

Part of RPG's is having In Character tension. So if wolf is openly or even secretly upset over someone else being asked to do a job he thinks he's better suited for then more power to ya

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Always a nice idea not to try to irritate the person who can make life more difficult for your precious characters. BWAHAHAHA!

Mine is an evil laugh.
                    hey now...*I* didn't get into a pissing match with you!!! don't punish me!!

sides...I bring booze and cookies....
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Didn't even see that the post delivering the captains order to look into the guys got edited...

Comment

• Tyg3rW01f, I find it's a good idea to ask, "what would my character do?" If Wolf would complain, loudly even, that background checks are something that should be assigned to him, then have him complain. I don't see that sort of grumbling as "engaging in a pissing contest" or "being a martyr."

I wouldn't have expected to have Lizzie try to draw answers out of Kellins, but with her outgoing nature (totally unlike me, btw) and her desire to make sure everybody's having a good time, it makes sense that she would try to put Kellins at ease. (And get him help, if possible, but that's a potential future thing in the IC thread.)
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• okay... asked Sarlon about this...

...In attempting to show Aidan "Wolf" McCuan has an accent that gets THIIICK when he's definitely not calm, cool, and collected, I seem to have fingernails-on-chalkboard'ed a few people's nerves.
                          How do I best show "Wolf"s accent, keep him coherently understandable, and show that his dander's up?
                          Sarlon has suggested typing out his words without spaces in them.
                          While that seems perfectly reasonable and completely doable, it also feels like he talks faster when he's agitated. I'm MORE THAN WILLING to go that route! Just gimme some suggestions.

Comment

• Whatever you decide is fine with me. I had no problem parsing Wolf's accent.
                            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• It didn't bother me either, especially since you provided translation.

Comment

• Back from the weekend, all. I'll be getting a GM post up soon.

Be nice and behave.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X