This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I AM THE OWNER

I was reading some older post and got reminded of an incident a few years ago when I lived in OK City.

Me: Co-owner of an One Hour/Studio photo shop
    Eric: Co-owner of same
    SC: you know who

Well as in the character descriptions we owned an one hour photo shop, and we could do some custom items that other retailers couldn't so it wasn't so bad for us. On this one occation me trying to help a customer turned wrong. So here is the story.

Lady came into the shop and asked about making copies of some photos. I told her that she had a couple of options. 1: use the EVIL KODAK PICTURE MAKER (no real emphasis on that just in my head) or 2: I could make negitives and prints.

Me: The picture maker will be around $600 or if you want I can do it and have them ready for you tomorrow for about $450. Its up to you.
    SC: OH, I can save $150!!!! Sure go ahead and I'll be back tomorrow and get them.
    Me: Thanks and see you then.

Now really I make more doing them, kodak's paper and ribbon is nuts expensive at that time, mine would be mainly labor. I stay till about 9pm that night working on her photos and there were a lot, but got it done.

Next afternoon:

When I see lady come in:

Me: Hey got everything ready for you.
    SC: Ok.
    Me: Your total is $490.
    SC: That isn't what you said yesterday!
    Me: Yes ma'am it is 450+Tax is 490.
    SC: No it isn't!! I'm not paying that.
    Me: Well that is your choice but I'm not giving you the work that I did unless you pay me.
    SC: I want to see the.....wait for it........MANAGER!!!!
    Me: Ok

Turns to the back where Eric is and ask "hey, who is the Manager today?" His reply is "I think it's your turn." "Ok"

Me: I'm the manager how can help you.
    SC: I want your boss smartass!!!
    Me: Ok. Eric could you come up here.
    Eric: Can I help you ma'am?
    SC: He's being rude and untruthful.
    Eric: No Ma'am he told you yesterday that it would be 450 and that is what it is.
    SC: I'M NOT PAYING THAT!!!!11!!!! I want your boss!!!
    Eric: There isn't anyone above us we are the owners. Our names are on the business license.
    SC: I WANT THE CORPRATE NUMBER!!!!!!11!!!!!!
    Me: There isn't any corprate its just us. You have a choice at this point pay us 490 and take it all with you or take your photo that you brought in and leave. We take check, credit, or cash.
    SC: Well I'll never!!! thinks for a min and pays

Me and Eric: Have a nice day.

One reason I want to own my own bar is simply for the pleasure of this. Dealing with SCs who aren't happy with what I tell them, and having them ask for my boss.

I'm the OWNER. I AM the boss. Which means my say is final. Since you don't like it, feel free to get the fuck out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

lol.. how much u wanna bet that "what you told her" was $150.00
      “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
      ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

No, I think she was angling for $450, and they eat the cost of the tax. Sadly, tax exists for everyone...

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
          lol.. how much u wanna bet that "what you told her" was $150.00
          Dontcha just loathe "selective hearing"?
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Darn, I was hoping for the "I know the owner" line. Either way pwnage is pwnage and it is good.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I had this scenario running in my head once. As soon as a customer demanded to see the owner, I would emerge from the backroom in a tight black leather suit and dressed like a cross between Deter from SNL and Dr. Frankenfurter, carrying a riding crop.

"I am the complaints department. Are you... unsatisfied?"

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                I had this scenario running in my head once. As soon as a customer demanded to see the owner, I would emerge from the backroom in a tight black leather suit and dressed like a cross between Deter from SNL and Dr. Frankenfurter, carrying a riding crop.

Bwahaha! You made me snort hot coffee!

Kinda makes me think of when people try to complain to my boss about security; they'll have some story that they were in earlier and that the stupid security guy harassed them. They'll give a vague male description that could be 90% of the male population. Then we get to tell them that the only security that's been on all day is me and that I'm female and have never seen them before. Theeeen they'll recall that it might have been on another day, maybe a different mall, etc.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Reminds me of the time at the wholesale club I had a little fun with the 2x4s we used to prop the doors shut at night.

We had some clear packing tape at the front door, and I had a sharpie pen. I took a strip of tape, wrote "COMPLAINT DEPT." on it, and applied the tape to the 2x4.

Then I casually placed the 2x4 in a position where it could be seen with the label facing the customers beginning to leave.

It got a few laughs.

On another day, the label I made read "ATTITUDE ADJUSTER."
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I read that in a bad, nasal German accent.
                    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth dragonslayer126

I read that in a bad, nasal German accent.
                      I read it in a bad, nasal *female* German accent. Good to see I'm not the only one thinking in that direction.
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Reminds me of the time at the wholesale club I had a little fun with the 2x4s we used to prop the doors shut at night.

We had some clear packing tape at the front door, and I had a sharpie pen. I took a strip of tape, wrote "COMPLAINT DEPT." on it, and applied the tape to the 2x4.

Then I casually placed the 2x4 in a position where it could be seen with the label facing the customers beginning to leave.

It got a few laughs.

For some reason, my co-workers once put "Das Boot" on a 2x4 which was then kept around the backroom for pretty much the same purpose you described.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          One reason I want to own my own bar is simply for the pleasure of this. Dealing with SCs who aren't happy with what I tell them, and having them ask for my boss.

I'm the OWNER. I AM the boss. Which means my say is final. Since you don't like it, feel free to get the fuck out.
                          I feel this would be worth a trip from my home just to sit in your bar (with a nice cocktail) and watch you work. What a night that would be...
                          Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

It got a few laughs.

That reminded me of this, the customer appreciation bat. http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/09/20
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

Now TOUCH MY MONKEY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X