Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this in another forum I attend...

It just cracked me up....

"Yesterday, Roger takes his mom for her colonoscopy. He's sitting in the Waiting Room and there is only one other person in there with him. Being men, they are not paying any attention to each other. The nurse comes into the Room...both guys look up at her...

Nurse- "Willy?"

Other Guy- turns around and looks at Roger, who just stares back because, well...his name isn't Willy.

-silence-

Nurse- "Um, Willy?"

Other Guy- Turns and looks at Roger again, then glances around the room in an apparent attempt to locate Willy.

Nurse- "Sir, is your name Willy?"

Other Guy- "Yeah."

Nurse- "

I have, on occasion, forgotten my name in a hospital setting.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

and then there is me who has the opposite problem, when they do the full name I don't pay attention... I just here Michael (last name other than mine) and it's like, oh that's me
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I tend to ignore my name as well, since it was *extremely* popular the year I was born and I always assume they mean a different person. My friends have started calling my larp character's name instead. Sad thing is, it works.
        NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

This man was in no hurry to get his colonoscopy, and I can't say that I blame him.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

true, but once he's done he can eat again ... eventually...

Comment

does anyone else find it ironic that a man called willy is having a colonoscopy?
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Once this happened:

Nurse: Coconut?
                Me: (starts to get my purse)
                Other lady waiting: Oh!, you must mean Coconutta! (then gets up and walks on in)

It wasn't a minute later they brought her back out and called me in.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  does anyone else find it ironic that a man called willy is having a colonoscopy?
                  Good.... I'm not the only one with a twisted mind.

*settles comfortably into the gutter*
                  "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
                    I tend to ignore my name as well, since it was *extremely* popular the year I was born and I always assume they mean a different person. My friends have started calling my larp character's name instead. Sad thing is, it works.
                    My brother worked in a gaming store and had a large group of friends who would come there to play games after hours. Word got around that you could play there after hours, and that if you were looking to purchase you could probably get an employee to do that too (they weren't paid after normal business hours), so other folks would come by after hours to shop. Slowly, the group of friends grew.

eventually a guy asked if he could join in a game, and folks said, "Sure, what's your name?"
                    "Mike."
                    "Nope, gotta be something else."
                    "What?"
                    "There are already six guys named Mike in the group, and we're running out of nicknames."
                    "Seriously?"
                    "The guy in camo is ROTC Mike (it was pronounced rot-see, not spelled), the guy beside him is Medium Mike. Big Mike and Little Mike aren't here tonight. ... "
                    "Okay, I'm Zack. I've always admired that name."

And that is the story of the Seven Mikes, and why one of my brother's friends is, decades later, still called "Mike Gale .... you know, Zack".

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                      And that is the story of the Seven Mikes, and why one of my brother's friends is, decades later, still called "Mike Gale .... you know, Zack".
                      What a wonderful story.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X