This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great product, bad Customer Services

Initial Disclaimer - RosemetalNZ, I have a sneaking suspicion you work for this telco, but not at the Residential support level. This is only a post on their 1st level call takers not you

Right-o. My current cable internet provider. Shiny purple/pink glowing man talks to a phone in their adverts. Their internet service? Awesome. Fast, almost never goes down, and is brought up again quickly. I always reccommend it when asked who has good internet.

BUT

This reccomendation comes with a dire warning. DIRE I TELL YOU. Their Customer Service is.... less than stellar.

Example 1) Data Allowances?

I move into current abode (Date =X). Take over connection. Ask them to increase cap from 2GB to 40GB plan. 1 Month later I get charged for 38GB of over use on my 2GB plan... Wait what? Naturally I am perturbed, and ring them...

Me - "Do you have a record of me calling on Date "X"?"
    CIP - "Yes"
    Me - "What do the notes say?"
    CIP - "To increase cap from 2GB to 40GB from date "X""
    Me - "Excellent, that hasn't happened. I have a bill with 80 dollars of overuse charges.

Turns out they had changed my connection on the technical system, but not in the Billing System..... Took another billing period to sort it out.

Example 2 - Scheduling....

Rang recently to change to the new super-duper mega fast plan which will be OMGAWESOMESAUCE for online gaming. Such pearls were uttered as
    "Ok we can make that change. I will see if I can book a tech to come do the install tomorrow morning *Hold*"
    - Well now. Hang on there zippy. I do happen to work. This allows me to purchase said uber net. So I can't just not show up to work the next day to suit you. How about ASKING ME if I have any preferred dates.

"Well tomorrow is booked out. The next available spot is in two weeks, between 8.30 and 9.30 am"
    - Thats not so bad. Work owes me some time, I can just start late. We won't go into the gaping difference in "tomorrow" vs "two weeks" cos I could just be unlucky on the scheduling. Excellent. I'm booked in. Good to go. Work gives me the day off.

I get a phone call 5 mins later, "Sorry, that time was booked out before. Its now between 9.30 and 12.30 the same day."

- Ya know what.. Fine. I've got the day off. But may Thor protect you if you pull the same stunt you did at my last flat. Which was, y'know, to NOT SHOW UP AT ALL.

Example 3 - Logic? Timing? I need none of these.

This is a couple of small ones. I've had them tell me to check their website for updates on the current internet outage.... think that one over.
    I also understand you cant give me information on the flat account (at my old place) cos I'm not on the bill. Thats fine. I won't argue that. How ever that answer doesn't help, when the only question i asked was "Are there any general outages in the "My region" area?"
    And sure, you get busy. A 13minute wait time is understandable on occasion (Date Y). 30 minutes is pushing it. So I took the call back option. 3 to 5 working days you say. Fine. I ring back late on the 5th working day (Date Z) and they say they will "follow it up". I know that line. I've used it on my customers . 2 more working days they call back. I arrange to cancel part of the service. This needs 7 days notice. I ask "That counts from date Y not Z right?" To which they sheepishly reply, "yes. Ofcourse. I'll make sure thats in the notes". Hmmm....

Some of you may ask why I haven't change providers. I could, I'm not in a limited area or anything, but their service itself is great like I said. And is the best option out of the telcos for my area. And being an IT Geek, I can thankfully fix alot of things, without having to deal with them. But just... some days...
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Yes my company, PM me pls
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I've had them tell me to check their website for updates on the current internet outage.... think that one over.
      Mine has done that too, after I've pushed the ohone buttons on the tree that indicate my internet service is not working.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
        This is a couple of small ones. I've had them tell me to check their website for updates on the current internet outage.... think that one over.
        ok yes that's pretty dumb on the surface, but in all fairness, nowadays you can probably check that out on the web on a smartphone.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X