Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best retail companies to work for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best retail companies to work for?

I have given myself a month to find another job. I absolutely hate the one I have now.
    The company is completely disorganized. I have never worked for a company that ran store sets they way this one does. They make no accommodations for the old merchandise. They basically expect you to dump it in the backroom. How does the company make money on that?

My DM is mad because my backroom is dsorganized. Well, what do you expect when you send me 20+ cases a day for 22 days in a row? I know 20 doesn't sound like a lot, but my backroom is small and we were already maxed out in merchandise (I am a low volume strore).

I am supposed to have next weekend off. DM leaves me a v-mail today saying we need to talk live tomorrow about a game plan for the backroom. She wanted two managers on next Sunday. Not possible. It's my weekend off and one of my assistants needs off b/c his parents are in town. So that leaves only one manager to work.
    So she says on v-mail that next Sunday starts the first week in November and that there are no weekends off in November. Ok, then why are we allowed to take a vacation through the first week of November???? She said this on conference call about the vacations.
    So, I can take a whole week off, but not a weekend?? Makes no sense to me.

So, give me some suggestions for good companies! I have 13 years in retail management (clothing). Everything from children's to high end women's.
    Thanks!!
    Feel free to PM me if you can help.
    "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

LOL 43 people have read this so far and no one has responded.
    Guess I am doomed.

Just found out that one of my assistants has given notice. Doesn't really affect me though. He was slated to go to another store in two weeks and his replacement for my store is in the process of being trained. It DOES affect the store he was going to. Oh well.
    "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Quoth ZumZum View Post
      LOL 43 people have read this so far and no one has responded.
      Guess I am doomed.

Just found out that one of my assistants has given notice. Doesn't really affect me though. He was slated to go to another store in two weeks and his replacement for my store is in the process of being trained. It DOES affect the store he was going to. Oh well.
      The problem is that, while we can give generalities, we retail is really a store-by-store issue. How good it is depends on the general managers and the district managers far more than the corporation as a whole. The corporation can influence it, but a good manager can alleviate the problems somewhat, and a bad one can ruin a decent corporate philosophy.

You're more likely to have success talking-- quietly-- with employees at places you're interested in.

Comment

I understand it can be subject to opinion. While I don't care for my DM, it is really corporate that I have a problem with.

I know I could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire but it is a chance I am willing to take.

I was just really asking what retail companies people here work for or have worked for that are decent. That is why I said they could PM me if they want to keep confidentiality.

Alas, no one has contacted me nor responded with ideas.
        On a bright note, I do have two interviews set up for this week and more to come.

On a bad note, I was informed today that I can't have my weekend off. With that I lose the only day I had off this week.
        The funny thing is, I could take a vacation next week but I can't take this weekend off.

Comment

Working...
        X