This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Christmas

I realized this year that I actually hate Christmas.

I dread it coming, I hate it while it lasts and I am relieved when it is over. I can't even enjoy seeing family because it involves driving hours one day, only to turn around the next day and come home so I can work.

My hatred of Christmas is entirely due to the retail mindset of being open every single damn day of the year.

Anyone else feel this strongly?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Not really. My only gripe is that my employers should be a tad more accommodating when out of town family comes to visit me for Christmas, since I can't go to them.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm a little sad about Christmas this year, my first blood niece was born a couple of months back and I will miss her first christmas

well that and I have to spend Christmas with people who....are nothing like my family

they are so quiet I want to shake them and scream "why are you so insipid get some passion my god its like your dead"

then we will go to K's grandparents house and one of his aunts will speak in danish and k's mother will get upset and then k's dad will yell at her (the aunt not the wife) and then everyone will force me to eat more almond flavored goodies that I hate (and by force I mean they literally stand there and stare until I take one bite like im 5 years old) then there will be an argument , then his other uncle and his wife will fight in front of their children how they ruined each others life (ones a pot head and the others an alcoholic), then his grandmother will try and tell me about the old country and sympathize with me being an immigrant and K's parents will tell her to shut up because I apparently don't want to hear the ramblings about the old country (I do actually, I get on with k's grandmother the best) and I will defend her and then his dad will tell me to stop being polite because I really am bored apparently and k will sit there staring into space avoiding confrontation as if his life depended on it and I will sit there thinking about my family and how I could have spent my morning on the beach and then played a fierce game of monopoly with my brother right now

happens every year I hate even year Christmases (odd with my family even with his)

strangely enough there are ZERO fights when we are with my family and every year I throw a party for my family (not all blood but all family) and we have over 30 people... not a single fight

I am SO GLAD my mother brought me up to choose my family and to teach me that being related by blood does NOT make you family.

I love my family, K can not stand his... funny that
      mine if full of people I love and have fun with, his is full of people he intensely dislikes but feels obligated to spend time with
      Last edited by Kiwi; 12-24-2008, 03:14 AM.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I agree. Why do stores need to be open Christmas Day? Come on, give us a break!

Comment

I went up to departures in the terminal and it was packed!

I was feeling SO anti Christmas at the thought of having to work
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I must say I've enjoyed last Christmas more as it was the first one out of retail since 1999, it's quite a pleasant change to be honest.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I keep forgetting it's Christmas.
              If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Christmas?? Christmas??Hmmm....oh yeah! It's that day between getting yelled at by last minute shoppers who look for that hard to find item that's very RARELY in stock and the grumpy "I forgot that in-law's present and I hate him/her" and the other day that's full of must-spend-gift-card-on-crap-I-don't-need-right-now-but-must-have people and the "I love this sweater but hate this color" people and the "OH LOOKY!!! HALF OFF SALES....drooool.....hey that was mine, I saw it 30 min ago and I want it now out of your cart or I will steal your firstborn" people. Never heard of it.

On the other hand, I've figured that the reason New Year's is so close to Christmas is because after all this holiday "joy" being shoved at us, we all need a reason(then again maybe not) to get stupid drunk!!!!
                "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                  On the other hand, I've figured that the reason New Year's is so close to Christmas is because after all this holiday "joy" being shoved at us, we all need a reason(then again maybe not) to get stupid drunk!!!!
                  I laughed when I found out my store was opening late on New Years day - 10am instead of 8am (coffee bar normally opens at 7am).

Then I found out the reason really is to let everyone sleep off the hangover.

Comment

Quoth bean View Post
                    Then I found out the reason really is to let everyone sleep off the hangover.
                    It actually sounds pretty sensible. After our next work party, I'm thinking of trying to arrange for the Saturday work to be on Sunday.

We don't just party. If there's not a divorce in the offing, we didn't do it right.

Rapscallion

Comment

I hate the fact that people practically burst a blood vessel cuz on Christmas Eve the store and petrol station both close at 6pm. I swear I heard so much whinging cuz of that fact (and the fact that neither was going to be open on Boxing Day); ffs, just get a bloody LIFE! And one of my mates is working at a 24/hr store that's open on Christmas Day; why on earth can't people survive a few days without going shopping?!

Oh yeah, and looped Christmas music is one of my pet hates. At the petrol station, I'm finally escaping it; we had the local radio station on all day Christmas Eve, and tho they played some Christmas music, there was "normal" music interspersed with it to stave off the insanity. Honestly, back in the past I've come seriously close to this some years. -.-
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X