This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm Call

So I closed the store last night, normally at 9pm last night and went home.

I fell asleep a little after 12. Then after 1am we get a phone call. My mom comes into my room and tells me the alarm company is on the phone and they need to talk to me.

I talk to them and they tell me the alarm had been set off and they need me to go see what happened. I tell them I'll be there in about half an hour. I'm all nervous becuase I dont know wtf is going on. My brothers car is blocking mine in the driveway, luckily he woke up to move it. and im on my way. about 2 miles into my drive i realize i dont have the store keys... so i turn around and go back home and get them. the rest of the way to the store im constantly looking at my gas gauge because its nearly on E. its really weird driving around at 130 in the morning....theres no one around.

I get there and call the alarm company from my cell to let them know im there and that they can dispatch the cops.

cop shows up and we go in, look around the store, nothing. i didnt expect anyone to have broken into the store, i figured something fell off the shelf and set the alarm off. but nothing. all the doors were locked when we got there.

so basically a wasted trip :P

the part that sucks is, my mom asked the alarm company (while she was trying to get me up) about the call list. now i know as a manager i am (and have to be ) on the call list. turns out, out of the 5 managers, im last on the list. yet the only one to respond or be willing to go check it out. 3 of the other managers live closer to the store than i do.

thanks guys

I hope you get compensated for your time

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
      I hope you get compensated for your time
      idk if i will, im not working today, so i'll mention it to them at work tomorrow

Comment

Got a better one for you.

Long ago, I worked at Papa John's as a manager, and was on the call list for the alarm company.

About 8 or 9 months after I quit, they called me to tell me the alarm had been set off. I politely informed them I hadn't worked there in nearly a year, they apologized and said the district manager had never notified them.

Comment

I remember a story old SM told us. Once they got a call at 2 AM about the receiving door alarm going off. He shows up, sees cars in the lot for the night crew and the night crew's sup. The police show up and they go in. Manger and police find boxes all over the place from night crew, but no crew. Confused they search the store.

They find the night crew AND sup hiding in a mechanical room in the back. Turns out someone accidental hit the panic bar with a cart, opening the door and setting off the alarm. Instead of calling them to report what happened they hid. They all got to find new jobs, well that night.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            I remember a story old SM told us. Once they got a call at 2 AM about the receiving door alarm going off. He shows up, sees cars in the lot for the night crew and the night crew's sup. The police show up and they go in. Manger and police find boxes all over the place from night crew, but no crew. Confused they search the store.

They find the night crew AND sup hiding in a mechanical room in the back. Turns out someone accidental hit the panic bar with a cart, opening the door and setting off the alarm. Instead of calling them to report what happened they hid. They all got to find new jobs, well that night.
            lol wow! haha

Comment

Working...
            X