This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing is Everything

A quick, and weird, story from my high school days.
    As BG, I was a bit of a bookworm in highschool. And I don't mean nerdy, I mean I essentially consumed books, clearing a hundred pages or more an hour.

This particular day, my victim was Dean Koontz's Phantoms, a strange little story about a town full of people vanishing. End of the day, I had just started it, and had reached the part where they started NOT finding people.

This day my mom was also picking me up from school, and had her usual spot when she did so, and I headed straight for it. I paused in my reading to look up at the car, which was there. My mom, however, was not. Nor was anyone else.

So here I stood, looking back and forth between a book about people disappearing and an empty car that should have had an occupant. Probably the creepiest feeling of my life at that point.

Truth was, some dogs had gotten loose and were running through the lot, and my mom had snagged them and gotten them into the courtyard to keep them safe, but the timing could not have been creepier to me.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

That is creepy! Life imitates art.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*shudders* Did you look in the car for her jewelry?

That book freaked me out so much...I read it the other month, and even though I'd read it before...this time, I was reading it at night. In my dorm room. My extremely vulnerable OMG that thing is going to eat me dorm room.

I had to go start reading another book really fast so I could go to sleep.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
      X