Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone else geeky enough to go to The Avengers last night at the midnight showing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shawarma after?

Speaking of after, stay until the VERY END of the credits. There's 2 teaser/stingers/whatever they're called.

Aslo, each guy hit a nerve on the hormone scale for me. Capt has got the *perfect* triangle shape. Mmmm broad shoulders.

Comment

anyone else gonna adress the white elephant in the room?

the placing and line for stan lee....*spoiler*super heros in new york? impossible!*spoiler*

had a good crowd myself today, quite a few kids but all well behaved laughing at the right times and no unusual chatter even among adults.

yes the hulk vs loki scene was TO much the entire theater burst out laughing, and even got a few people clapping.

suprised that isn't on youtube yet.....~wanders off~

Correction...its here
      Last edited by Sarlon; 05-06-2012, 01:23 AM. Reason: found it
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Who was the guy in the middle of the end credits? PM me if you want to keep it spoiler free
        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

I haven't even seen the movie, but since I got spoiled (grrrr- highlight below to read):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I went to the midnight showing and went to see it again Friday night...after eating shawarma. LOVED it. Definitely one of my favorite superhero movies.

Comment

I'm going to see in tomorrow night after work with my girlfriend. In 3D, of course
              DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
              Nicholas Angel: Like who?
              DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
              Nicholas Angel: Who else?
              DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

Quoth kansasgal View Post
                My favorite part was the Hulk/Thor thing..after they finished fighting the bad guys. HYSTERICAL!

And yes, this was the funniest movie in a long time, great comedy as well as fighting and kicking ass. Scarlet Johannsen was great as Black Widow, and of course Robert Downey Jr rocks as Ironman. All the rest were wonderful too. I have to go back and see this movie again, and buy it on Blue ray, and have multiple copies so I never have to go without it...yes...that's the ticket...

It was great, and I really think they did an excellent job on this one. The graphics were beautiful, the storyline was tight, can't wait til the next one comes out!
                The Hulk/Thor thing was one of the best scenes in the whole movie, the entire theater I was in burst out laughing at that. It took everyone a minute to stop laughing.

A couple of co-workers are going to see this movie this week, I told one of them that it was one of the better movies I've seen since both parts to Deathly Hallows. If I didn't have to work both jobs on the day they're going, I'd ask to join them.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

My favorite of the pre-Avengers movies is the first Iron Man. I take it this one is better than that?
                  DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
                  Nicholas Angel: Like who?
                  DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
                  Nicholas Angel: Who else?
                  DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

No clue how good or not it is, but it beat out Harry Potter for some sort of record..so I am guessing it is receiving some very positive reviews.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead View Post
                      My favorite of the pre-Avengers movies is the first Iron Man. I take it this one is better than that?
                      WAY better. I love Ironman and Ironman II (By the way, Robert Downey Jr. wears a Black Sabbath "I AM IRONMAN" T-Shirt at one point in the movie ..look for it). Josh Wheden did an excellent job, and I, for one, was very pleased with it.
                      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Just got back from my second watching this weekend. This is the first time I've seen a movie twice in one weekend (with the exception of when I was working for my university film society. That doesn't count.) It's just plain AWESOME!

To be honest, I had to see it a second time just to get past doing the "Hey! I know that building!" thing throughout a bunch of it. Since I live near Cleveland I knew many of the locations. Hell, my wife got watch parts of the filming from her office this past summer.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

went and saw it this yesterday in 3D at an Alamo Drafthouse. It was AWESOME and we're DEFINITELY going again, because it's something I want to see again. there were a few parts that were PRICELESS, as previously mentioned, and I just...yeah. AWESOME movie. '

There were several parts where everyone was laughing too hard to really make out what was being said, and I wanna know what was SAID!! For example:

SPOILERS!!! After Loki started ranting at Hulk "I am a GOD and--" SlamSLAMBANGBOOOOM!!!" Hulk said something and I MISSED IT!! *Spoiler over!!!*

Guess I'll just have to go see it again!

also, one of my favorite parts??

*SPOILER!!* Quotes aren't 100% exact, but the part with Thor saying "watch what you say, Loki is an Asgardian and my brother."

"He's killed 80 people in 2 days"

"He's adopted"
                          *SPOILER ENDS!!*

Comment

Lupo, Hulk said *spoiler* "Puny god."*/spoiler*

Totally agree about the favorite part, too Loved that.

Comment

Jeebus, absolutely DESTROYED box office records.
                              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I didn't see the Midnight release since I went to the Midnight Prerelease for Magic a couple of weeks back. But I did take Friday Afternoon off and went to see it.

Fantastic movie as everyone is gushing about. Whedon is a Geek God as far as I'm concerned. Between Buffy, Cabin in the Woods, Avengers and everything else; he is Geek Culture.

In my opinion, for Team Movies (and Team comic books) the interactions between team mates are as important, if not more important than the Big Bad Guy fight. You can see Character X beat on Bad Guy Y anywhere pretty much. But when you have Iron Man and Thor and Hulk and Fury and Captain America and Black Widow in the room together, you want to see how they play off each other, and by Stan, we got a lot of great Play Off moments.

Hulk/Banner stole a lot of scenes, but everyone had moments to shine. And the 3rd Act fight in New York was gorgeous, especially the extended pan scene that was IMO, the film equivalent of the 2-page splash page.

Oh and Loki was a fantastic villain played by a great actor. In fact all of the casting was great, from the actress playing Maria Hill (Her appearance was dead on; you recognize her as soon as she shows up on screen), to all of the big names. The actors and actresses ARE those characters; the attitudes they gave off on screen are exactly how I'd imagine those characters would be. The attitudes are an important part to get right, and something that can be missed a few times, but these guys all nailed it right.

Not sure if I'll see it a second time in Theatres; but it was well worth seeing, and all the accolades it is drawing.

Comment

Working...
                                X