Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strongarm chuckles heartily. "Well to be honest we know nothing about you, except that you are one of the rare people who can see what is really there, not what they want to see. You may indeed train with Shem..are you sure you would not like to meet a few more choices however? As for the Armory..watch." He says "Armory" and the whole group is now standing in the Armory. Just about any conventional weapon is there, as well as some laser weapons, one of the weapons that uses the owners power to enhance itself, and photon weapons.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Colt's jaw goes slack. "Holy leapin' chuppacabra..."

Comment

Sapputiyok spends the first day of recuperation in xer room, pretty much just staring at the ceiling and thinking.

((There's more I want to have Sapputiyok do, but I'll let Colt's story progress at least past the first day before posting it. ))
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Into the area walked a centaur carrying a huge weapon. "Strongarm! For the love of all you consider holy, will you just use the door like I have asked a hundred times? Anyhow, it's repaired, but even I can't figure out what it does."

Colt walked up and asked, "May I?"

Confused and surprised, the centaur gave the weapon over and watched closely. Colt followed old safety protocols, but the device had to have been designed for an Earthling, as when the bounty hunter gripped both hadles for stability, the weapon began to hum.

"Wait! Don't hold it like--!" The Centaur began, but it was too late.

SHOOM!! Colt and the weapon were flung through a wall, and a three foot chunk of the opposite wall vanished.

The centaur blinked, "So that's what it does."

Shem looked at him. "Phil, did you really need to just hand it to him?!"

"Woohoo! OH YEAH!! Now THAT's what I'm TALKING about!" Colt staggered back into the room, and whooped in jubilation. "Got any of these in smaller sizes?!"

Over the next few days, many inhabitants of the Nexus thought Colt's power was Flight, as many of them saw him being flung through the air by the blast recoil of his new photon pistol and photon rifle. Finally, Colt was used to the recoil and was no longer being thrown about everywhere. Then, things got interesting.

One of the number-crunchers in the IDF lost their favorite datapad and, after a fruitless while, voiced their woes in Colt's hearing. Colt took up "the case" and within a while and a half, found the datapad in the Core, where the cruncher had momentarily forgotten working. Strongarm lost items, which were found by Colt. Other folks saw this pattern and began testing Colt's ability/skillset/talent. He found every object, every time.

Some people also noticed Colt seemed to habitually spend time in the Mech-Lounge, "Just Looking" at the mechs, and their tech. Kat, from Dimension 9406, voiced this to Strongarm.
          "The 'Flying Finder' ((the early nick for Colt)) is spending a good deal of time ogling the mechs, Boss. Maybe we should try and sync our resident 'Hound' with one?"

Comment

During the second day of recuperation, Sapputiyok decides to talk to the Nexus. The Nexus manifests as a floating orb of light. Sapputiyok paces as xe describes what xe sensed of the void/vortex before the mammoth appeared, in the phoenix, and at the bank before seeing the skeletal werewolf. Then xe says, "and just before the phoenix crossed back to its own dimension, it told me that 'the shadow' had noticed me, and to be careful. Do you know what any of this means, or how I could find out?"
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

The Nexus answers "There are many shadows. Any of which the creature may have been talking about. The core would know. Seek your answers there, but remember not to stay too long..the core is not good for mortal creatures sanity"

As for Colt, he is still in training. Shem cautions him "You will have to stop shooting that weapon. Remember that it is not easily stopped..and just because there is nothing between you and a wall, does not mean there is nothing behind it..or out of your line of sight"
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Both concerned and curious, Sapputiyok seeks out the core in the hopes of finding some answers.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Colt looks at Shem and nods. "I was using the firing range this Nexus was generating. I know better than to fire indiscriminately. I also found out these weapons actually have settings, too. Kinda reminds me of the phasers in the show Star Trek: The Next Generation back home."

He sighed wistfully as Kat walked past in her armor. "Wish I had one of those suits," he muttered under his breath. Then he looked at Shem and carefully asked, "Anyone ever tell you that you're a striking woman?"

Comment

She shrugs. "Plenty. My bond with Reaper has some..unfortunate side effects however." She doesn't go into detail. "Now, you have expressed interest in a Mech suit. Lets get you fitted for one, however, I must warn you..what you gain in firepower and armor..you lose in agility and speed. Also, you will have to use the Mech suits weapons instead of your new toy. Now the one we have for you still uses Photon weapons..but there are two designs. Heavy armor, with heavy weapons..or light armor with lighter weapons. You won't lose near as much movement with the lighter version. Which are you interested in? Of course...I could always introduce you to Steel." She seems to chuckle at that thought.

The Core

The core is .. different. It does not change to fit the persons view of it. A 1000' tall crystal floats in the middle of the room, and countless shards float around it. In each shard you can see images of different dimensions. Only minute pieces of the dimensions however. The Core can not communicate with words, instead showing images to anybody who wants to see what is what.

When Sapputiyok asks about the Phoenix's warning..something odd happens. ((This will only happen in the presence of the core)). Xe sees images of thousands of dimensions flicking by, and scenes of death and destruction in each. Over the battlefields she sees a shadowy figure, and knows it is death..how she knows it is a mystery. With each death the figure grows stronger, and it is reaching more and more dimensions. Sending creatures and things across dimensions, to feed it's hunger. It's not interested in wealth, or trade. It's sole interest is to cause as much wide spread death as it can, to grow stronger. If it is left unchecked..it will consume the multiverse, and nothing living will remain.

Comment

Colt gave Shem a narrow-eyed sideways glance. "Why do I get a bad feeling when you mention this 'Steel'?"

He thought for a moment, then shrugged, "I wouldn't mind getting a good look at my options? I mean, what's the worst that could happen to me? I get killed by the suit?"

Comment

"Oh you don't have to worry about Steel..in fact it might be the most flexible armor we have..but Steel has it's own mind...and it can be hard to get used to it."

She introduces you to Steel. Which is a round sphere. "Hello my name is Steel, I am a self aware adaption armor. I have several forms that I can take, but I can only do so one at a time..and there is no mixing and matching. They are Strength, Maneuverability, Flight, Aquatic, and normal modes. Normal you will barely notice me there. I will still offer protection, though not as much as in my strength mode, but I am as light as wearing normal street clothing."

Of course I've mentioned the other options.

Comment

Sapputiyok leaves the core overwhelmed. Xe tells the Nexus, "Strongarm," and finds xerself at the door to his office.

Strongarm offers Sapputiyok a seat, and xe recaps xer experiences with sensing the "void," the message from the phoenix, then asking the Nexus and the core, about it. Finally, xe describes what the core showed xer. "It is death. Every death near it makes it stronger. It crosses the dimensions to cause more death and make itself stronger. We need to find a way to stop it, before there's nothing living left."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

The tone of his voice strongly indicating he was being honest with the sentient sphere, Colt nodded, "I'll keep that in mind, Steel. I'm going to investigate the... abundance... of options, first."

Jacks-of-all-trades are not always the worst choice; sometimes they are the only logical choice, Son, Colt's father had told him ten years before.

Colt looked at Shem. "You mentioned a photon weapon suit in light and heavy styles? While I like Steel's adaptability, and that will factor in my decision, I would still like to investigate the options available, please."

Colt hadn't quite made the fact his dimension still greatly valued courtesy a point of conversation; he didn't need to. It colored nearly everything he'd done here. He'd apologized to folks he'd flown into, he'd tipped his boonie hat to those who were obviously female, or had identified themselves as such, he called Strongarm "Sir", constantly.

Even now, he was being polite to both Shem and Steel, while keeping his investigative mind working. Even if he chose a suit over Steel, or vice versa, it would not be a snap decision; it would be one made with great and careful consideration.

Comment

Shem shows you the light option (the best of which is the one you suggested..without augmentation however). She also shows you the heavy options.

http://www.solaris7.com/TRO/HTMLBatt...o.asp?ID=12125

http://www.wallmay.net/Art_and_Techn...twork_ar_21525

http://i.imgur.com/BFIRd.jpg

All have photon options. The larger mechs of course pack more of a punch, but definitely have limited maneuverability.

You also meet the Mech mechanic. One N'til (pronounced Until with a silent U) "Gadget" Mrhener (pronounced Mer hen er)

A better clothed Succubi ((Safe for work, barely)).

Strongarm's office
                              Strongarm seems to think for some time. "It's never happened before, but around here the impossible is an hourly event. Ok, I want you and Goldie to look into it. I'll have Derrick on standby just in case. I just don't know if any of us can handle this, heck I don't know if ALL of us can handle it. Death is a force of nature..I have no clue how to stop it. Be careful."

He leans in "One more thing, be wary who you trust. Anybody who has died and came back..death might be able to impersonate. That includes me and Derrick. Goldie is safe, she has never died, but since our heavy hitters have all died at least once...just take care of yourself."

Comment

Colt considered his options. True, he could see himself in the light armor, but it was a static design; the others were also static, but they packed a punch... and they were as big as a blue whale.

He tipped his hat to Gadget then asked, "Okay, I think I have my mind made up on which of the suits to take, but which would you suggest?"

She blinked, "I'd wear the torso suit, but with wings..."

Colt nodded, then walked over to Shem. "Okay, I have made up my mind." With that, he walked over to Steel. "Okay, so how do I put you on?"

Comment

Working...
                                X