This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strongarm's Office

As Sapputiyok ponders the next move, a figure in a hood and cloak enters the room. Strongarm seems surprised, but seems to recognize the figure.

"Dawn? I didn't expect you." His tone is almost fatherly, but there is also a bit of reverence in it.

"They have contacted me, I have come to ask for aid." The voice is musical, beautiful.

"What??!" Strongarm is almost instantly on his feet. "I'll alert everybody, I'll send the whole department if needed..but if they can't handle something how .. how could we?"

"Not you, or the department.." she looks at Sapputiyok "Her, and the one they call Colt. Only they may cross."

Strongarm looks at her in bewilderment, but sits and sighs. "If they choose to." He turns to Sapputiyok "Looks like you have just been invited to go to dimension seven hundred and seventy seven. If you wish to that is."

In the Mech Lab

Steel says "Just touch me and I will do the rest. To change forms all you have to do is say which form you want out loud. I will start out in normal mode."

Over the com Colt hears "Officer Colt to Strongarm's office please."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sapputiyok seems amazed by Strongarm's statement that he has died at some point, since he seems very much alive now. But before xe is able to ask further questions, the cloaked stranger enters the room. Xe frowns, listening to the conversation between Dawn and Strongarm. Sapputiyok doesn't correct Dawn's misgendering of xer, mostly since xe still has only a vague concept of gender.

Sapputiyok addressed the cloaked newcomer. "Why me?" And then with a hint of contempt, "Why Colt? What could we possibly do to help a group of perfect beings?"
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

The figure turns to Sapputiyok. "Hardly perfect. Though our physical forms are seen as the perfect physical specimens of whatever race views us..we have our flaws. One of which is, we have never experienced death before. Yesterday..one of us died. You have been touched by something even beyond our ability to understand..and not by the entity known as death. I believe death fears you, and I believe it is right to do so. Which is why we need your help, and the help of the one called Colt..as he too has been touched."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Holy cartwheelin' chupacabra, that's COLD!!"
          Colt's yelp could be heard across half the Nexus as Steel "did the rest".
          When he came into Strongarm's office, he was breathing like a man being touched with a cold stethoscope, and his normal armor vest and combat shirt had been replaced with an amored chestplate.
          "Officers Colt Walker, and Steel, report as ordered, Sir." Colt said in more of a breathless question than a confident response.

Comment

Strongarm and Dawn fill Colt in, giving him the option to not go if he does not wish. Strongarm looks at both of you "I won't order you to go. I won't lie either, you might face the most danger you ever faced."

Comment

Sapputiyok paces while Strongarm and Dawn catch Colt up on the conversation.

Xe says to Dawn, "I want to hear more. I will help you, if I can." Xe doesn't appear to be confident that xe can help, but sincere in the desire to help.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Colt nods, trying to keep from staring at Dawn, "I'm game, Sir. Ma'am. But, what makes me so special? Yes, I'm crude compared to her," he gestured to Sapputiyok. "But I find things and or people for a living. Well, I used to."

Comment

Dawn nods "We need your gift to find whoever, or whatever caused the death of our brother." She pauses, and looks at Strongarm.

He nods "It's as good a term as any Dawn." He addresses both of you. "They consider each other like brothers and sisters in a biblical way, not a biological one. Ok, two first class tickets to Dawn's dimension." He leans in close and you see a sort of fire in his eyes. "You two, you are authorized to use whatever means and force necessary. Don't worry about using kid gloves here. Remember you are guests, but do not let anybody..at all..impede your progress." He turns to Sapputiyok the fire gone just as quickly as it come. "I believe we owe you an apology. We've been using a female pronoun, when I am not sure either male or female fits. Is there a pronoun you would prefer to be called by?" ((By now she would be aware of what he means))

Comment

"I'm not sure if or how the Nexus will translate it, but the pronoun my people use to refer to each other is 'xe.' Or 'xer' if it's something belonging to that person. For example, 'on xer own.'"
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt clicked his jaw shut, and thought. "Ah, Sapputiyok,what of titular terms? Like, 'Sir', 'Ma'am', 'Miss', 'Mis.'?"

Comment

• "I'm not certain the Nexus is translating the full meaning of those. I hear 'officer,' 'caretaker,' 'young one,' and 'honored one.' My people usually use titles that relate to jobs or status. I was commonly called 'guard' when I was working, and the merchant I worked for was most often called 'merchant' or 'honored merchant.' One customer called xer 'most honored seller of beautiful trinkets.'" Sapputiyok lets out a small laugh at the memory.
                        Last edited by Ghel; 07-23-2013, 04:06 PM.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Dawn seems to be taking it all in, listening to the conversation. "I hope I did not offend. Please forgive me if I have. Time is growing short, however." She holds up her hand and a shining golden portal opens. "My people do not know how to treat a 'crime scene', I fear it may be corrupted if we are too long. I will leave the portal open for one hour Nexus time, and I will go make sure to guard the scene." She bows and is through the portal.

((For those who chose to go through the portal))

You are in one of the most beautiful cities you have ever seen. The architecture, how clean it is, and there is no normal hustle and bustle of a busy city. It does seem you are expected though, for everybody is wearing a similar outfit like Dawn.

Two things strike you immediately. First, there seems to be no children. Or at least not unless their children are tall. Second, if this is Utopia..where is the gardens and such?

((You learn if you go far enough that you are on a flying city. The world below is also breathtakingly beautiful..even if it seems a bit wild. They do not build on the world, or use any of its resources..they have moved way beyond the need for that))

Comment

• After Dawn walks through the portal, Sapputiyok addresses Strongarm and Colt: "I don't know if I can trust anyone who hides their appearance so completely."
                            Last edited by Ghel; 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM.
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt smiles and gently places a reassuring hand on xer shoulder. "Good. Then trust your gut-instincts and don't. I'm not certain Dawn isn't the perpetrator." With that, he was through the portal. On the other side, he looked around.

"Huh," he scoffed. "Pretty, I'll give these folks that; they simply forgot one thing: flying cars. Steel, you still okay with workin' with me?"

Comment

• Strongarm nods. "I certainly can understand that. I will tell you that if you ask she will remove the hood and cloak. Believe it or not, she wears it for your and Colt's sake. As will the others. All you will have to do is ask them not to."

He leans in and sort of grins. "I don't think they will affect you as much as they fear, but understand they are not use to androgynous species. Whenever somebody looks at them, they are use to the person desiring them..almost worshiping them. They do not want this to stop either of you from doing your job."

Utopia

Steel answers in Colt's mind. "I am fine with working with you. Been sitting on a shelf because people normally are not comfortable sharing a body with an artificial intelligence."

Comment

Working...
                                X