Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (This first bit is slightly out of order.) When Colt puts his hand on xer shoulder, Sapputiyok flinches slightly and scowls at him, but doesn't say anything.

Sapputiyok considers Strongarm's words. "Just because my people are not split into two genders like yours, it does not mean that we don't feel desire. If what Goldie said was right and they appear to me as one of my people, I expect they'll have the same effect on me. In any case, I will do my best to help them, if I am able."

Sapputiyok steps through the portal. Xer eyes go wide as xe marvels at the beautiful architecture. Then xe frowns slightly at the cloaked and hooded people. Sapputiyok catches up to Colt and says to him, "Don't touch me without permission."
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• The scene of the death

Dawn was able to secure the spot without much problem. The body is laying at a strange angle, but otherwise there seems no sign of injury or trauma. When the two of you arrive on scene, you both notice something at the same time. The body's chest is still moving as if it is still breathing. No other signs of movement, however.

Since this body is uncovered ((They wouldn't walk around normally with cloaks and hoods on)), both of you see a Utopian for the first time since you arrived. Both of you see different things, however.

Colt sees the figure as our typical angel, perfect features and with wings. Sapputiyok sees one of xer own species ((Still with wings however)), a perfect physical specimen and the figure would appear just as androgynous as xer own people.

When they see the body, it becomes apparent why the others have cloaked themselves. You get the strong feeling that if this figure were alive and told you to do something it would be very difficult to say no.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Seeing the corpse's chest movement, Sapputiyok opens xer sixth sense to see if it shows a dead body. And if so, to see what is causing the chest movement, as well as any indications of cause of death.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• After acknowledging Sapputiyok's order, Colt approaches the body slowly, bobbing and weaving a little, trying to get a good eye on things. Once about eight feet from the body, he extends a hand toward Sapputiyok to stop her from coming closer.
          "Don't approach just yet, Miz. Tell me what you see." So saying, he kneels and looks slowly about, judging, appraising. Calculating. After a few minutes, he stood and nudged the body with his foot.

When no response was forthcoming, he gestured Sapputiyok forward. As she came forward, Colt began running his hands over the body, probing. "Why is the chest moving?"

Comment

• Sight beyond Sight ((cookies for reference ))

As Colt examines the body, Sapputiyok notices quite a few things. With xer special sight, the body looks a lot less..perfect. In fact it looks as if this being fell from a great height. The perception filter was making it so that the wounds were hidden, even after death. Something, however, is quite alive. The glow of its power is weak, but it resembles a giant sized ring worm in the chest of the individual. It couldn't have caused the wounds, especially that much damage, but it is certainly alive. If it had been in the body during the fall, chances are it would have not survived. It starts wriggling as if it senses a potential host. By Sapputiyok estimate she has about a second, maybe two before Colt gets a face full of whatever it is.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Colt had enough time to register the change of movement before the worm-like thing exploded out of the dead body, Aliens style. Steel, however, got the worst of the assault, taking rows of sharp teeth full-on.

Colt recovered quickly and tried to keep the thing from biting him, but it was slick with gore. "STEEL!! GRAPPLING would be good right about now! PLEASE?!"

Comment

• Steel answers "On it!" Suddenly for a split second you are on your own as he changes, but then you are covered in head to toe with a rather large suit of armor. "This is my strength mode." You find your strength amplified by about 20 times normal, and since your head is also covered the creature can not penetrate the suit of armor.

((Looks something like This ))
                Last edited by Mytical; 07-25-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• Sapputiyok yells out "Stay back!" Xe reaches out with xer gift and grabs hold of the worm. ((Which should be fairly easy, if its aura is fairly weak.)) Xe lifts its squirming body into the air, holding it away from potential hosts. "I've got it! What is this thing?" Sapputiyok looks at it with disgust.
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• ((First what else Sapputiyok vision shows Xer after the hubbub dies off))

Utopia is like the Nexus, there is power everywhere. Unlike the Nexus, however, the 'light' though much stronger, is a 'soft light'. It does not overwhelm the senses.

The same goes for the figures gathered around. They are VERY powerful, but their light does not overwhelm xer senses. Like the area around xer, it is a soft glow, not harsh like the Nexus. What Sapputiyok finds interesting is, however, that all of the technology (including buildings, watches, etc) also give off a light. Everything is registering as at least partially organic. It appears as if Utopians use an organic based technology.

The Worm

Dawn says "Chaos worm. They are native to the world below, but never has one been on one of our cities, let alone in one of our people. They are symbiotic, and do not kill hosts, sometimes even enhancing a host..and are not normally aggressive."
                    Last edited by Mytical; 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Colt, still watching the creep-tastic thing, stands.
                      "Dawn, I think we just proved you wrong as a jackrabbit eating a coyote. Miz Sapputiyok, please... even half a second's warning would be nice, next time."
                      He sighed, then looked back at his partner.
                      "I'm sorry I touched you without your permission, but in my dimension --at least-- physical touch is... Physical touch is commonplace."
                      While Sapputiyok remained silent, Colt said quietly, "Steel, sorry about those teeth, but thank you for saving me."

Comment

• Sapputiyok opens xer mouth as if to repond to either Dawn or Colt, but suddenly stumbles, hunching over as if in pain. Xer concentration broken, xe drops the chaos worm, which lands on the ground next to the corpse. The natives step back from the worm as it wriggles on the ground. After only a few seconds, Sapputiyok gasps and looks about, as if uncertain of where xe is. Seeing the chaos worm on the ground, xe grabs it and holds it aloft again.

"I apologize. I saw... something. Something attacked him" (indicating the corpse) "while he was flying. I don't know what it was." Sapputiyok examines the chaos worm and the corpse closely, searching for signs of the "void" xe has sensed previously.
                        Last edited by Ghel; 07-25-2013, 07:12 PM.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• No signs of the vortex, and the gadget that tells you if the dimensions were crossed illegally is not showing that anything has come through. So..whatever or whoever it was is native.

Steel
                          "No problem, we are a team."

Worm

One of the Utopians manage to get a container and puts the worm in the container. Sapputiyok does not detect any more Chaos worms nearby, but would be unsure if the Utopian power glow would hide the Chaos Worms if they were hosting in a Utopian.
                          With xer vision of what happened to the corpse it is clear that straight up would be the crime scene. Which means not much is going to be able to be learned there. Hard to find evidence in mid air after all.

Which means tracking the culprit would be up to Colt, seeing as it would be in the 'impossible' zone.
                          Last edited by Mytical; 07-25-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Sapputiyok glances at Dawn and says, "Can you see him as he truly is?" While waiting for the answer, xe walks around to the body's head and gently turns him (with xer powers, not phyically touching him) so the back of his head is showing. "Do you have any idea what could have caused this wound?"
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Dawn nods when asked if she can see him as he truly is. When you show her the wound, she looks confused. "Looks like a Dahhawk, but how in the world could one kill one of us? It wouldn't be able to surprise him, and if it didn't his tech should have easily protected him from it. Nothing is making sense. A normally passive worm made aggressive, and how does a Dahhawk surprise one of our kind?"

Comment

• "Normal mode, please, Steel." After a second, Colt nodded to Sapputiyok and Dawn, then examined the body.

"Okay..." He came to a decision and stood. "Dawn, I'm not an expert on medical-stuff, but I need a clean room with a table, waist-height, for an autopsy. I need this body transported there without... damaging... it. What in the name of all your species considers holy is a Dahhawk, and if Sapputiyok can see any wounds, I'm gonna need SOMEBODY to drop the damn fae-glamour on the body!!"
                                Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X