Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORT BUGS HERE - New Server Edition (March 2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been meaning to point this out for awhile, but I kept getting sidetracked. Just a minor thing -- when you bring up a profile or the "Who's online" screen, the Skype icon is broken. It's happening both here and at Fratching.
    Attached Files
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      Not so much a bug,more a pest...
      When you go into the main area,you're greeted with the latest Activity board.
      At the moment-
      i.The last activity was on March 17,so it looks like we've been dead for three weeks.
      ii.Rather unfortunately,the activity that greets you at present is 'Poop stinks'-maybe not the most homely of welcomes-doesn't exactly invite you to pull up a seat and tuck into cookies here
      Any progress on this yet? :P
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Confirmed. PPE -- KG's post is in reference to http://www.customerssuck.com --- I'm getting the same thing. The Activity feed isn't updating on its own as it should.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I dunno if this is the right place, but I can't click on the smilies anymore? Also, if I click on the "more" link, it just scrolls me up to the top of the page. Soooo, is it just me?
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Yes, it is the right place.

Hmmm - Working fine for me. What OS and browser? Have their been any browser updates lately? Are any other sites misbehaving?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Yes, it is the right place.

Hmmm - Working fine for me. What OS and browser? Have their been any browser updates lately? Are any other sites misbehaving?
              Windows 8.1 and Firefox. No updates that I noticed, other sites appear to be fine. I restarted Firefox and it's still acting up, even the font buttons aren't clickable. I haven't restarted my whole laptop in a few days, will try that.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Confirmed. PPE -- KG's post is in reference to http://www.customerssuck.com --- I'm getting the same thing. The Activity feed isn't updating on its own as it should.
                Still nothing happening with this-In www.customerssuck.com land it is still March 17 and shall be for ever more...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  I dunno if this is the right place, but I can't click on the smilies anymore? Also, if I click on the "more" link, it just scrolls me up to the top of the page. Soooo, is it just me?
                  Happens to me from time to time - old browser on Win 98SE. The "next page" link will take you to the top of the page if there are "phantom" posts (deleted posts) which would make it another page if not deleted.

Still nothing happening with this-In www.customerssuck.com land it is still March 17 and shall be for ever more...
                  That warrants a St. Paddylin' for whoever is responsible.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

::shamed::

yeah, I *still* have not figured out a decent solution.
                    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Maybe just re-write the front page entirely (if possible) or just use a different plug-in for it, if the board supports it?

Comment

Well, I haven't restarted my laptop but today the smilies started working again for no reason. So, yay?

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Well, I haven't restarted my laptop but today the smilies started working again for no reason. So, yay?
                          Yay! ...because I had no idea what might have been causing that.
                          Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Maybe just re-write the front page entirely (if possible) or just use a different plug-in for it, if the board supports it?

A re-write is probably the only decent option aside from just having the default URL auto-redirect straight to the forums.

The front page is WordPress and the plugin for WP that does that aggregating is unsupported in its current version, and the current version is just kinda broken.... so, writing my own replacement for the WP front-end or just making it come straight to the forums. One is quick and immediate, the other will take some time for me to implement..... I'm now thinking that perhaps both - just change it now so that it redirects here until I can do the re-write.
                            Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Makes sense to me -- People seem to mostly come here for the forum, anyway

We already have an in-board link on the main page that redirects to the comic archive anyway (the other reason), for those who wish to see it.

edit : Errrr, check that. The archive is there, but the actual comics are not. O_O

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                                edit : Errrr, check that. The archive is there, but the actual comics are not. O_O
                                Can you shoot me the link (save me the hunting), please?
                                I'll see if I can correct whatever the issue is.
                                Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Working...
                                X