Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I bought a parts car from a guy who didn't have the title and his story kept changing.
    Drug it home and stuffed it in the garage. After I had pulled all the parts off it that I wanted I called a junk yard. They said they could only give me the cost of the tow, meaning they would come get it and I would get no money. But I was fine with that I just wanted it gone.

The flatbed showed up, guy asked if I had a title, I said no, he asked if I had a bill of sale, I said no, he said ok and hauled it away.

I guess that just meant they crushed it today and not tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth Dave in MD View Post
      ... asked if I had a title
      ...asked if I had a bill of sale...
      ... [didn't] ask if there was a body in the trunk...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Your dad drove the Bluesmobile?
        Nope, he just didn't maintain his vehicles. Most of his cars were in rough shape.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Reminds me of the car my brother once bought for $400. He had to fiddle with the engine and couldn't get the damn thing to turn over. Had me sitting me in the driver's seat turning the key while he messed with it.

He had a rag that got soaked in gasoline and it dripped on the motor.

Yes, it caught on fire. That was fun (not).
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What is this "Trade in" and "disposing of car" you speak of? Makes no sense to me.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
            X